Brand new IAF C-130 crashed in Gawalior

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

Why do these Media walas write such BS :tsk:
Don't confuse with C130 J Super Hercules with Older Version of C 130

As of Now Totally 290 C 130J SH used by 13 Nations world wide over Million Flight Hours

Only three of them Crashed include Yesterday's crash .Others are

12-02-2007 Royal Air force England C 130 J SH crashed --- No Casualties

15-03-2012 Royal Norwegian AF C 130 J SH Crashed --Killed 5 onboard Personals

acetophenol

Country flag
No problem, more people talk to me more I get the idea of their level of intellect. So thanks.

Accidents don't happen, only dick heads do accidents and those innocents who do not do accidents still die being there, at wrong time-wrong place.

In this case the plane was manoeuvred (your own words) and got involved in a deadly crash. The fault lies with Pilot; how difficult it is for you to understand ? There are detailed practises and protocols in place (universally) in aviation, on how planes should be manoeuvred when flying low or doing any manoeuvre what so ever.

No one spends 10,000,000,000 Rupees on a plane and hand over it to trainees to fly low and bump it on muddy humps. If it wasn't a trainee but an expert then the sin gets sinner.

BTW have you ever managed a business or an organization involving machineries ? Do you even know what organizations do to people who do accidents ? They are grounded forever.

As long as such mentality is going to prevail that ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN I see future of our forces bleak and such News flashing frequently heck It has been the case with us, no wonder.

I remember Decklender boasting in this forum how he would get hold on new machines and assigned for new roles after crashing few before, serving IN. 'Sab kuch Bhagwaan ke saharey'.
This is not a civillian aircraft,but a military craft,and they were performing manoeuvers at low level for obvious reasons. What they were doing was risky and accidents are bound to happen at those situations. In some accidents the services are to be blamed (like a Medak gun firing shots during maintenance in the Navy),but not on this one,atleast till more details come in. I hope I make myself clear.

acetophenol

Country flag

Don't confuse with C130 J Super Hercules with Older Version of C 130

As of Now Totally 290 C 130J SH used by 13 Nations world wide over Million Flight Hours

Only three of them Crashed include Yesterday's crash .Others are

12-02-2007 Royal Air force England C 130 J SH crashed --- No Casualties

15-03-2012 Royal Norwegian AF C 130 J SH Crashed --Killed 5 onboard Personals
In the report they wrongfully refers to C-130 (says 30 yrs in service) and quotes the crash rate of C-130J. So thats class I BS.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Oh, yes. That is why it is called politics.
I suppose that is a major job of the opposition. I also suppose, that is how democracy functions by checks and balances.

Any way, someone needs to pull up his socks.... what happened is unacceptable.
yeah it is dirty politics, now when the political masters change hands others will say the same thing. :tsk:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
You have asked me not to quote you,but I am sorry,I can't resist it. All those who were loud mouthing about "poor training" and "poor maintenance" of IAF,see,the latest reports indicate the aircraft was carrying out maneuvers,flying at tree top heights with cargo. Not matter how good you are accidents do happen,especially when you are doing such risky stuff.
So after all these crashes you still think there is no problem with our air force.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Has the cause of the crash been identified?

Are the pilots safe? A brand new C130 J crashing is a bad sign for IAF. Lots of investment has been wasted. Lockheed Martin will be under scrutiny now.
The track record of Lockheed Martin and the C130 is well established. It is IAF that has to answer for this.

muralidon924

Country flag
foreign objects may have entered the engine and may have caused fire as it wad flying at low altitude

Blackwater

foreign objects may have entered the engine and may have caused fire as it wad flying at low altitude
First it is 4 engine plane, 2nd u can douce engine fire while flying still can fly with rest of engine,

It's c-130 j 2011 model not ambassador 1960 model, the new model must have latest fire fighting features

vishwaprasad

Country flag
These are mistakes being done during peace time by our incompetent naval crew and IAF pilots, imagine what will be amount of mistakes when they will have to answer immediate attack of enemy....feel bad for pilots who lost their lives but now cannot stop from believing that our TODAYS pilots cannot be even compared to arab pilots....those pilots of 71 are no more in service so lets not entertain ourselves by giving examples of past victories....

acetophenol

Country flag
So after all these crashes you still think there is no problem with our air force.
Did I ever say so?There has been incidents of sheer negligence in the tri services,no one denies. One such example that the equipments in the MKI going bad due to over exposure to sun coz we don't have enough large hangers to park our MKIs. I would blame IAF for that,no doubt. However this incident is not so,atleast in the first look. And its unfair to call our pilots and personnel incompetant. There have been incidents in which our pilots made grave errors,like landing a M2K without the landing gears down in SA. But these incidents must not be used to generalize the entire institution. We can be critical,but be fair at the same time.

muralidon924

Country flag
First it is 4 engine plane, 2nd u can douce engine fire while flying still can fly with rest of engine,

It's c-130 j 2011 model not ambassador 1960 model, the new model must have latest fire fighting features
what if it had exploded many reports suggest that witneses saw the plane on fire before crash

Blackwater

what if it had exploded many reports suggest that witneses saw the plane on fire before crash
Than it's lack of security or lack of proper maintenance by IAf airmen, who might have replaced Russian parts in c130

muralidon924

Country flag
pls guys stop saying bs abt iaf let the investigation report come there is certainly a maintenance problem in iaf.
and stop saying russian junk russian defence equipments are served all over the world

muralidon924

Country flag
seems to me everything happend suddenly as there was no response by crew to ATC

Blackwater

pls guys stop saying bs abt iaf let the investigation report come there is certainly a maintenance problem in iaf.
and stop saying russian junk russian defence equipments are served all over the world
it will never come. its the matter of national embarrassment, you see

Sea Eagle

Some Pictures from the Crash Site.....

Source: Tarmaak

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles