Brand new IAF C-130 crashed in Gawalior

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I feel very bad for this accident. This a very robust machine.....

US also supplying substandard mal ??

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
It a machine and anything can happen. So villagers saw fire on plane before it crashed. With 4 engines it could have cope up with one engine failur, fire is different story.

Dont get emotional. Let them find out what happen. Dont jump the gun.

Immanuel

Country flag
^^^^

very true,

Dear forum members we all do have our opinions, tis indeed a very sad day. I believe everything that happens no matter how sad, happens for a reason and some truth, some lessons, some new inspirations come out of it.

Our prayers tonight with the families of the souls on board this flight.

The truth will prevail.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
If it was your son who died in that crash then I guess you people would have been saying something else.

People its not some bike accident or a car crash where the driver wasnt wearing a helmet or was drunk that you blame the pilots so easily and even the efficiency of the entire IAF.

What are your basis that it was the pilot`s fault?

Although as quoted by a member here that the plane caught fire in mid-flight acc. to Gwalior ATC. Let me remind you it is the same air force that performed exceptionally well in the COPE INDIA `04 and RED FLAG `08.

Accident can happen anytime anywhere and as if none of you never made a mistake while riding or driving! Its just you live today to speak about it giving excuses and those Men of Honor did not. And here it wasnt even there mistake as mentioned earlier. And if someone is really so much concerned about their public money then be a man and go raise this question before the government, file RTIs to public sectors and if you need 10 Rs for that too then p.m me your address i`ll send it.

Fans of the US machinery and air force kindly go back and study the US aviation history before pouring humor over here. Thank you.

Salute to those pilots and may their souls rest in peace.
Did I forgot to add that kids of army personnels are given preference over other candidate??
What kind of professionalism is this???
I know that someone lost his brother/father/husband and that brave guy flying c-130j was serving his country and gave his life while doing his duty.
But its not about valor and bravery,it's about the unprofessionalism of the trip services.
Exactly why army brats are given priority above other candidates??
Because there father is something big in army and nothing else.
Chacha bhatijawaad is not good for the tri-services.
Why these men have to loose there life in the first place???
Until or unless this unprofessionalism is removed from the army we will have to see the brave guys loosing there lives.
Do you know that our army still follow those colonial era rules made by Britishers???

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Guys, rather than feeling sorry some guys are cursing the pilots and IAF. Please stops this. If not for IAF in 1971 we would have lost. So stop the BS. Let the engineers find the cause of the crash. Please don't jump to conclusions and american machines are not GOD made to say that they are perfect.

Kushal sinha

C130 j crash

Today a newly inducted american made C130 j was crashed near Gwalior killing 5 IAF personnel. Now India only has 5 C130 j's

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Re: C130 j crash

Today a newly inducted american made C130 j was crashed near Gwalior killing 5 IAF personnel. Now India only has 5 C130 j's
:fkidding: Do we have C130J Choppers ..does IAF operating them

@Twinblade your attention needed

Last edited by a moderator:

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Its not about amreeki machine, it's about the professionalism of tri-services.
After all these incident in navy and air force I am hundred percent sure that these incident has got Something to do with the professionalism of the tri-services.
I am not cursing the pilots or blaming them for the crash but I am doing a positive criticism about the professionalism of our armed forces.
BTW maintainance crew on the ground are also part of the air force.

Immanuel

Country flag
^^^^

Blaming the tri-services is rather silly and very stupid of you at this point in time. Routine maintenance doesn't require crews to strip down the entire aircraft, that is not the point. Rountine checks by both maintenance crews and pilots are SOP under IAF regs and they follow it by the book. During regular maintenance on a new aircraft it is normal that they perform routine maintenance and not deep inspections which are done during 'groundings'. It is possible one such failure occured at a much deeper level and rountine maitenance anywhere in the world won't find it. They have clear schedules of expected MTBFs for all parts on the aircraft and they are proactively replaced or thorough fixes are done well before any of the parts near MTBF.

Looking from the first reports that are coming, it appears it was being flown by two of the most experienced C-130J pilots in the AF, they have been flying it for the last two years, among the first to recieve training on it and the weather was good, witnesses & ATC claim fire on board before crash. Virtually a dive into the ground. To me this is sudden major failure of probably a deep fuel harness that resulted in an explosion that knocked out any possibility to recover the bird.

Keep in mind, its fool hardy to quickly blame maintenance, the C-130J and C-17 crews have by far the most apt crews in the transport fleet in India, considering their primary role of deploying airborne units to battle in a moment's notice. The crews have to keep the fleet in great shape for such needs and the chance of this being pilot or maintenance error is lower than 99%

JBH22

RIP my condolences to the bereaved family.

Going through that thread it pains me that most care about the "safety" of the C-130 but not a single word of appreciation for those who died.

What pilot error? I mean some d1cks sitting on their chair can they dictate how the plane should be flown?

Kay

Country flag
Here's the complete list of C-130 Hercules clashes.
List of accidents and incidents involving the Lockheed C-130 Hercules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It seems a pretty long list to me.

People blaming Indian pilots seems to give a verdict without even an investigation. (Super Hercules is American So there cannot be machine faults.?)
My fear is Lockheed bosses will blame the IAF pilots even in the case of machine faults. They can even make senior IAF officials make statements supporting this view. All for the sake of PR.
And Lockheed is more than capable of doing this. Look at how they are jamming the F-35 down the throat of multitude of nations.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
two stupid news on this crash.
first from this website.

IAF Crashes Lockheed Martin's "Uncrashable" C-130J Super Hercules

Source : A Defenseworld.net News Analysis ~ Dated : Friday, March 28, 2014 @ 01:34 PM

An Indian Air Force C-130J Super Hercules aircraft crashed today making it the third time the Lockheed Martin built aircraft has gone down.
The aircraft, one of six, inducted about four years ago crashed in near Gwalior city in Northern India killing five crew members.
"One C-130J aircraft crashed 115 km west of Gwalior airbase. The aircraft was airborne from Agra at 1000 hours (IST) for a routine flying training mission. A Court of Inquiry has been ordered to investigate into the cause of the accident," an IAF spokesperson said in New Delhi.
The aircraft currently in operation with at least 16 countries around the world has suffered only two previous accidents. In 2007, a RAF aircraft was severely damaged during landing in Iraq and reported no loss of life.
In 2012, a Royal Norwegian Air Force C-130J-30 on a flight from Norway to Sweden collided with the side of Kebnekaise Mountain, and disintegrated.
The accident claimed all five aboard.

The cause for the latest crash remains unclear.
The "J" is the standard by which all other airlift is measured in terms of availability, flexibility and reliability.
With more than 1 million flight hours, the C-130J has been deployed in two combat theaters where they operated at a very high tempo efficiently and reliably. In non-combat -- but equally harsh --environments, C-130Js are often the first to support missions like search and rescue, aerial firefighting, and delivering relief supplies after earthquakes, hurricanes, typhoons and tsunamis around the world.
The Indian Air Force has a poor safety record in comparison with any other in the world. Half of its largely Russian-origin fleet of 872 MiG aircraft has been to crashes killing 171, Defense Minister A.K. Antony told parliament in 2012.
India's tactical transport fleet consists largely of 105 An-32 aircraft of which two have been lost to crashes.
While it's latest tactical aircraft acquisition, the C-130J Super Hercules has lost one of six aircraft.
Interestingly Lockheed Martin's deal with India includes maintenance and support where even the consumables come from the US.
Meanwhile, Lockheed Martin issued a statement saying, "We are saddened to hear the news of the C-130J accident in India today and our thoughts and prayers are with the crew and their families at this time.
who so ever wrote this must be out of his mind, he is self contradictory.
his address:
Delhi-NCR:

Digitalwriters Media Pvt. Ltd.
401 Devika, Plot No 16,
Vaishali Sector 4,
Ghaziabad 201010,
India
Mobile: +91-9810230884
Bangalore:

Digitalwriters Media Pvt. Ltd.
49 Cubbon Road Cross,
Bangalore 560001,
India
Tel/Fax: 91-80-41317060
Mobile: +91-8971796924
Emails:
Editorial:
Advertising :
Newsletter :
DefenseWorld.net :: Contact Us

dont want to post the True caller mobile number name here. :tsk:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
RIP to the dead pilots and the passenger

Compersion

Country flag
Not good news. It is sad and condolences to the family. Also one must not make any assumptions until the final report. Also there must be data log on the plane.

- Does India air force - and armed forces have a insurance policy on such instance. To pay the families and also to recoup the aircraft (either with comparative one with depreciation if not in cash). I understand families are paid but that is from budget. Are armed forces personal allowed to take out private insurance.

- Airplanes are machines and i am shocked that engineers in our modern age are not able to develop contingency and safeguard to ensure they land safely no matter what happens (large parachutes applied on the whole plane to glide it down, ejection of all passengers, and more). It is possible and one can engineer such things.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles