BrahMos engineer arrested for leaking missile info to ISI

Sourav Kumar

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/nag...scientist-in-isi-web/articleshow/66142162.cms
Bhaiyo he is not a intentional traitor ,he was just naive, got lured with a job offer and he also shared about the job with some other DRDO officials ,so they too didn't stop him , probably they too couldn't figure it out.
So , as far as now it seems it was unintended . And not honey trapped or money offer .
If this is true, then entire DRDO management should be ashamed. Ordinary software engineers in mundane projects are not supposed to click on random links from random people. And this guy did that from his office laptop that is provided by his Brahmos project? And then shared with his seniors? What kind of joke is this? :crying:

Enquirer

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/nag...scientist-in-isi-web/articleshow/66142162.cms
Bhaiyo he is not a intentional traitor ,he was just naive, got lured with a job offer and he also shared about the job with some other DRDO officials ,so they too didn't stop him , probably they too couldn't figure it out.
So , as far as now it seems it was unintended . And not honey trapped or money offer .
Not that simple!
The ISI posers had asked him to send 'samples' of the work he did & apparently he complied! This is 'selling out'!
He knew very clearly that he wasn't supposed to, but the lure of money/better-job made him compromise!

Also, most traitors don't start out wanting to be traitors.....they just keeping slipping one bit at a time!

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
Whatever the reason ,he is doing 14 years Jailtime ,he is trying to sound like it was unintentional because it carries less Jailtime of 3 years

Enquirer

Not to get into this debate and no disrespect to my fellow southerners, but go ahead and watch a south indian movie, you'll see for yourself that majority of their actresses are actually north indian and fair skinned, now what do you make out of that ? I have seen a lot of south indians on quora asking about how to impress some northern girl, again its fine, I'm not against all this but still don't try to portray us all northerners as less civilized.
If you read my posts objectively you'll find that I had imputed both northerners & southerners with very similar base instincts!
The tendency to act on those specific vile instincts is more among northerners (in the context of Pakis) than southerners - given the thinking among north Indians that Pakis and Indians are same people due to language etc (while they see south Indians as aliens!)
Also to be noted is that there isn't much love going towards the muslim majority SECULAR country - Bangladesh! People with higher ideals don't get the love and attention, but the scumbags drool over fairer hide even if it's associated with the most disgusting jihadi mindset!

Last edited:

Enquirer

No, he wasn't lured with money for info ,but JOB in IT . There's a huge difference. And full details are not out story has changed from mole,to honey trap, to money trap to malware. I don't think in sample of his work he would have given any info but just previous work experience as happens in any interview.
The leak has happened through malware ,apart from that he was just chatting with his supposed employers which happened to be paki proxy's. Don't trample on an unfortunate guy before full details are out . If he deliberately did it I will join you in bashing him. Until then don't brand him a traitor or make assumptions that he gave info in interview or deliberately for money.
It is you who is making far-fetched assumptions even though the available information suggests the contrary!
How do you know that the 'work sample' he sent didn't contain any compromising information?

It is very likely that ISI might have tried to trap dozens (if not 100s) of folks using the same ploy. The fact that the ATS guys got to know of this guy through the arrest of another guy elsewhere suggests that something damaging might have occurred. (he wasn't arrested because his IT team did random security audits on employee laptops and found malware on his!)

Offer of better job is also a bribe!

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Like I said it's nothing about honey trap the guy with such high intellect and techie don't fall for such things it all about Money and materialistic Luxuries such guys should made an example of

It's more about money and opportunity and US Citizen ship's and I clear that it mere ISI based ops it more like US deep state and pentagon supporting such acts or Some rogues in CIA which are in Cold war era times.Such things should be raised in next 2+2 meetings

These assholes don't know what Scarfice is Reality.Mostly IITian's which look studying in these premier University as Green card opportunities

http://idrw.org/brahmos-engineer-arrested-pak-handlers-promised-him-job-in-us-fat-pay/

Please tell me when IITians have betrayed this country ? This Nishant Chap was not from IIT. It makes a world of a difference if you are from IIT or not.

Anyway pathetic on this young chap part, 40K is nothing. Northrop Grumman is paying 170-200K USD for system engineers.

Indians will continue to be naive.

Spindrift

Apparently, as per the report in ToI, it was suggested that he was offered a $30000 per month job in IT in Canada i.e. 360000 per annum.
Anyone who has half the sense god gave a donkey, would know that the offer was bullshit.
I mean seriously , how the hell did he complete his engineering and get a job at BrahMos?

Enquirer

wtf How do you know he did gave info in "work sample" ? you are assuming not me ,the fact that he shared about his job with DRDO officials and even his seniors tells me that he didn't gave info in interview coz they would have pointed that out or you think DRDO officials are all dumb .And no better job offer is not bribe ,get your head straight, every fucking one is constantly searching for better jobs and leave their jobs in a heart beat for better opportunity. By your logic whole of the middle class takes bribes or is constantly searching for bribe.
Again you are making assumption something damaging "MIGHT" have occurred. How about you wait for the investigation to complete ,then if it's a spade I will call it a spade. Until then stop your trial.
Heh?
I am going by the official statements from the ATS!
A job offer in 'exchange' for 'compromising material' is a bribe!!
Your logic that the whole world looks for better jobs is as asinine as saying the everyone has sex so there's no concept of prostitution or that everyone's a prostitute!

You're free to wait. I don't really care what you'd do now or after the investigation is complete. Just don't demand others should do whatever you think you should!

happylion

Country flag
He had on his personal laptop things which were secret and not to be transferred from work. That in itself puts him into trouble. If you enter these establishments you are to surrender mobiles pen drives etc.So any transfer attempt is a breach of rules and a contravention of official secrets acts and attracts punishment.

Enquirer

That I agree with 100% .I am just trying to say that our esteemed media has changed the story 3-4 times within 2 days. people are abusing his wife and his colleagues on social media non stop, the other girl who got selected with him in 2013 is forced to delete her social media accounts, so just let the whole story come out and let's see who else is involved.
Nothing about the way this story has developed is different from any news unfolding - more details keep emerging as time goes by. Full legal recourse (one way or the other) will take few years. The same is true for all defense, political, economic, crime news stories!
Why are you so particular that this news story should not be discussed? Forums like these exist for people to present their respective views and share pertinent information from their personal/professional experiences!

(abusing his wife/friends without any indication of their complicity is uncivil, but no one on this forum has resorted to that; if you have issue with that you should go on twitter and ask the trolls to stop. I feel that your shouting down members here and asking them to shut up on this matter altogether is uncivil !!)

Enquirer

yeah no ,I didn't shout down anyone , neither did I asked to stop the discussion again your assumptions. And more details came out ?No entire story changed, first he was a agent ,then he became honey trapped by women, remember dick loses to pussy a couple pages back, then it was him deliberately leaking info and now he was just naive ,the major info leaked if it's leaked that much is through a malware . Someone ,also suggested him using complex coded messages to pass info. My entire point is story keeps changing and while he is in the wrong but how much ? is not known yet .I am not saying he is innocent or he did it by mistake ,I am just saying wait for details . Let's just continue I won't reply anymore man. Maybe he's from my batch that's why I just wanna give him benefit of doubt for now .As far as I knew him he was a simple, innocent ,nice guy and that's what my other college mates are saying, but we might be wrong . I am done .
Ah! You knew this guy personally! That explains your earnestness!

BTW...the story hasn't changed at all. All aspects of the story....honey trapped, money, deliberate info leak, coded messages has remained unchanged!

It is a fact that he befriended these 'gals' on facebook first before the 'professional' business started. If the fake profile on FB was a bearded old guy's then it's unlikely he would've even 'friended' him (so, it is honey trapping)!

It's been established that he willingly shared documents marked as 'secret' (the pretext is another aspect)

Job offer or hard cash in exchange for 'stolen material'.....they're all 'illegal activities'.

And lastly 'complex coded messages' were indeed sent - only via the malware that uploaded all the material on his laptop to ISI spooks! (it is possible that this might have happened without his active knowledge).

Protocols are put in place with specific intention to safeguard national security. People breaching it for selfish reasons (that ultimately prove disastrous for national security) should indeed be punished!!

One of the most decorated US General's (Gen. Petraeus) was given the boot because he (innocently) showed a text message to his girlfriend - his girlfriend was not even a foreign agent or a spy; and no damage was done to US national security! In this case however, it's pretty clear that this jerk deliberately shared secret documents to benefit personally from it - and that it turns out it was to real Paki spies, and has definitely compromised national security!

Folks saying he was a 'junior engineer' and didn't possibly have access to 'top secret' info is just for 'damage control' - none of that really mitigates the transgression/criminality of this jerk!

Last edited:

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
BrahMos engineer accessed secret info at Hyderabad lab before being shifted to Nagpur

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com...-info-at-hyd-lab-too/articleshow/66189927.cms

sources in UP ATS say he had worked in Hyderabad before being shifted to Nagpur; desktop from where he allegedly stole documents sealed.

BrahMos Aerospace engineer Nishant Aggarwal, who was recently arrested on charges of espionage, allegedly used illegal means to lay his hands on “secret and sensitive” defence information not only at the Nagpur unit of Brah-Mos, but also at a Hyderabad laboratory where he previously worked, sources in the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) said.

Aggarwal, hailing from Roorkee in Uttarakhand, had worked at the Hyderabad facility before he was shifted to Nagpur, sources added. The UP ATS, which has Aggarwal’s custody, has seized the desktop computer at the Hyderabad laboratory from where secret documents were allegedly stolen.

It was earlier suspected that Aggarwal had acquired all the classified details stored in his personal laptop at his residence while working on his Nagpur assignment.

“The accused illegally acquired some classified information from a Hyderabad-based laboratory whose identity we will not reveal at this juncture. We have sealed the desktop from where he took the secrets. The contents of the desktop and classified information stored illegally in Aggarwal’s laptop have been sent for forensic examination for comparison,” a source in the ATS said.

During investigations, the police found several classified registered files with red markings stored in PDF (portable document format) in the accused’s personal laptop.

With revelations that he could have stolen secret information during his Hyderabad stint as well, the agency is now trying to find out whether more people were “in contact” with the Pakistani-based handlers of the ISI, the Pakistani spy agency with which Aggarwal allegedly shared the secret documents. “We are trying to ascertain whether he collected information as per a plan and specific focus,” the source added.

So far, the probe has revealed that Aggarwal had been in touch with suspected Pakistani intelligence operatives through two “fake” Facebook accounts operating under the names of Neha Sharma and Pooja Ranjan for the past few years.

As per the fake accounts, while Sharma was “based” in London, Ranjan was from Chicago, US.

“As part of such honey trap operations, ISI agents posing as women strike friendship with defence employees. They either tell them that they are journalists seeking information or offer lucrative private jobs abroad. Aggarwal, despite being engaged in highly sensitive work, was casual on the internet and made himself an easy target,” said an ATS officer.

Aggarwal had last month come under the scanner of UP ATS and the Military Intelligence during a probe, wherein the agency had arrested a BSF jawan in Noida for allegedly sharing vital defence details with ISI agents who used social media to trap him, sources have said.

Agrawal was arrested on Monday in a joint operation by the ATS units of Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra police at BrahMos’ Wardha Road facility. Several “incriminating” materials were recovered during searches at his office in Nagpur and residence in Roorkee.

BrahMos Aerospace is a joint venture between India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Military Industrial Consortium of Russia. It is responsible for designing, developing, producing and marketing state-of-the-art supersonic ‘Brahmos’ cruise missiles.

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
Its High time we should profile new employees/scientists within the defence scientific community that comes under the scrutiny of DRDO working on secretive sensitive technologies under strict vigilance survelliance about their proffessional /moral /personal affairs when individuals can be subjected/facilitate to these type of honey trapping methods at the cost of security of the nation with relative easiness creates alarms.

wonder how many are still doin these type of work as moles..only GOD knows...........???

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Its High time we should profile new employees/scientists within the defence scientific community that comes under the scrutiny of DRDO working on secretive sensitive technologies under strict vigilance survelliance about their proffessional /moral /personal affairs when individuals can be subjected/facilitate to these type of honey trapping methods at the cost of security of the nation with relative easiness creates alarms.

wonder how many are still doin these type of work as moles..only GOD knows...........???
Hyderabad DRDO lab means its main one. If he was indeed got access , then damage must be critical.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
There Human Intelligence involved that physically watch these employees and tails them for their whereabouts and contact details.

No employee is safe. They must be considered as vulnerable targets.

This network must be neutralized and they are locals.

Apart from stringent laws, the employe conditioning and security apparatus within the organization that needs to be made foolproof.

It is quite worrying that he could access any desktop, especially that with sensitive information from the department he is not assigned with.

It is also worrying that the crime was indirectly detected; a lucky revelation; when an illegal access (if systems were in place, including regular CCTV audit) was good enough to catch him directly.

After this incident now ISI will assign one Pakistani whore on one case only.

Time to revamp the security apparatus within the institutes rather doing old school policing and expecting lucky breakthroughs.

There are 100s of moles crawling.

sorcerer

Country flag
There Human Intelligence involved that physically watch these employees and tails them for their whereabouts and contact details.

No employee is safe. They must be considered as vulnerable targets.

This network must be neutralized and they are locals.

Apart from stringent laws, the employe conditioning and security apparatus within the organization that needs to be made foolproof.

It is quite worrying that he could access any desktop, especially that with sensitive information from the department he is not assigned with.

It is also worrying that the crime was indirectly detected; a lucky revelation; when an illegal access (if systems were in place, including regular CCTV audit) was good enough to catch him directly.

After this incident now ISI will assign one Pakistani whore on one case only.

Time to revamp the security apparatus within the institutes rather doing old school policing and expecting lucky breakthroughs.

There are 100s of moles crawling.
Welcome to Govt Owned companies, the level of lax in affairs very much large.
Somehow the employees there take things for granted.
But.
Such doesnt happen with MNC's in India, the level of security is exemplary, also the employees fear the consequences much.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Welcome to Govt Owned companies, the level of lax in affairs very much large.
Somehow the employees there take things for granted.
But.
Such doesnt happen with MNC's in India, the level of security is exemplary, also the employees fear the consequences much.

And when you start ridiculing them there will be few patriots who will get worked up.

Brahmos facility is quite a new set up and it's a JV. Its CEO I have seen is quite a flamboyant barking around about his achievements wearing a nice Suit.

I will be not surprised if all our offices and facilities are found to be bugged and compromised.

The enemy will always have an algorithm that tells him how much damage, what kind of context, what kind of situation, what kind of leads and misleads to use to keep us busy, bogged down or crippled before they find the weaknesses and then actual counter.

We are spending billions with a Fanboy presumption that we will impose a cost on our adversary as he will try to match us.

But espionage, sabotage and so-called idiopathic impediments blamed as bottlenecks are used to impose the cost on top of what we have already spent.

I remember watching the movie 'World War Z' where the main lead visits Isreal to know how they were able to predict the catastrophe. The movie talked about 10th man rule which was a theatrical depiction of actual think Tank that Isreal calls "Devil's Advocate" where they deliberate and draft policy and responses against radical and negative change contrary to mainstream security calculus view.

It is high time we must come out of our biases and confirmation biases about National Security and actually check if the popular belief of imposing the cost on Pakistan or China is actually working or we are getting into the trap being complacent, compromised and callous.

Enquirer

There's a saying - the fish rots from the head!!!

As I've said several times before, DRDO folks have an unchecked culture of bragging 10x more than the actual accomplishment! It should be fairly obvious to all that DRDO employees are easy targets given how much they all love to brag - to any dude/gal willing to listen!

I am surprised that folks are shocked about this incident! DRDO needs to change its culture from top-down! A new skill should be exercised - Keeping their 'mouth shut'; should be practiced from top-down!!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles