'Bookie' killed in Lahore after India Pakistan Asia Cup match

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
:tsk::tsk: This is what I hate about India Pakistan matches

An alleged bookmaker was shot dead by unidentified gunmen here after India defeated Pakistan in an Asia Cup cricket match in Bangladesh, police said on Monday.

Muhammad Shaukat alias Lambha, 55, was killed in his house near Sandah Road in Lahore shortly after the India-Pakistan match on Sunday, they said.

Shaukat's relatives, who lived on the ground floor of the same house, alerted police after hearing gunshots.

Police claimed that they had found a book containing names, telephone numbers and cash, which suggested that Shaukat was a bookie.

It could not immediately be ascertained if the killing was in any way linked to Sunday's match.

At least six empty shells were found beside the body, which was sent for an autopsy, police said.

v

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
That is what happens when you place a wrong bet :hippo:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Why was the bookie killed for taking bets on Pakis? He was just being patriotic even if he was stupid to do so :rofl:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Most likely robbery I think since the victim probably had a large amount of cash from bets or for payouts.

Iamanidiot

Most likely robbery I think since the victim probably had a large amount of cash from bets or for payouts.
Ad Hoc mugging doesn't happen in South Asia Wald.If its a hit that means it is orchestrated and there might be a lot at stake.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ad Hoc mugging doesn't happen in South Asia Wald.If its a hit that means it is orchestrated and there might be a lot at stake.
Saar Karachi is like another Jo'burg.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
How did they know he has Cash?
A bookie always is taking bets or making payments, so always has cash. But even the Mafia doesn't make a hit on somebody at home with his family.

Iamanidiot

A bookie always is taking bets or making payments, so always has cash. But even the Mafia doesn't make a hit on somebody at home with his family.
The thing is Wald Bookies are illegal in India & Pakistan .The whole thing is done discreetly.If I know there is bookie in my neighbourhood I a cop can keep him behind bars

lcatejas

Lagta hai they bet on India but galti se bookie ne pak par laga diya paisa.....:laugh:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
This is not USA where even criminals have some sort of 'code of conduct'. This is pakistan where "code of conduct" doesn't exist either in the civil world or criminal world.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles