Bonding with Bangladesh

Iamanidiot

I never knew that there are so many Alices living in their Wonderland.

I would say that if there are so many who want Pakistanis and Bangladeshis dead, then they are totally impotent since they have not been able to translate their dreams!

I don't take the views of Impotent people as they voice of India!

I know one thing for sure and that is that the Indian Govt of all political hues do not share that view nor the agencies that are to translate the Indian political will!

Ipso facto, I find the idea immensely immature and ideal to imagine after imbibing and obtaining assistance from hallucinatory agents.
Brigadier fuel insurgencies exploit the cleavages between various factions.We exploited one cleavage in 1971 to our advantage.We used Karachi riots in the 80's to rein in khalistanis.We already doing it Brigadier the only thing is we are not pursuing it agressively

ejazr

Ambassador
Without having good relations with Bangladesh, we will always be shackled by our neighborhood countries. If we want to reduce Chinese influence in BD, then that means increasing our engagement with BD.

The US does not threaten to launch a war with Mexico because of illegal immigration. It works with them to stop the inflow and deport illegal Mexican immigrants.

But Indo-BD relations are much bigger than just the issue about this alone. We have one of the most favourable govt. in BD right now who have done extensive efforst in culling anti-India insurgent groups. It has launched war crimes trials against anti-India factions like JI-BD. We should stregthen the hands of the current govt. and not give up this golden chance to solidify our partnership with BD.

Reactions: Ray

pmaitra

Au contraire most want them dead and we do not want overt hostility with them
Most want them dead? Speak for yourself and exercise some caution when making such comments in an online forum. I thought you called yourself an idiot in jest. Now I am not sure.

Reactions: Ray

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I admire cyberspace warriors.

They make me wonder what do we need the military for, when such Knights in Shining Armour are all there to vanquish the adversaries even before they can say Jack Robinson or Ram Bharose!

ashdoc

Country flag
First of all, I have no sentimental attachment with Bangaldeshis in the way you are inferring.

Should I have it, having lost my hearth, home, history and heritage because of them?

Yet, I am a pragmatic Indian and I understand the effects of hostility a little better than you. Not for any other reasons, just that I carry some scars, mental and physical from wars we have fought because of a hostility between nations. I don't rue the fact that I went into war, but I sure hope that in future, we can create an environment with neighbours wherein we need not go to war, lose fine men and women and economically set the nation back in time.

That Bangaldeshi are Muslims is a fact. That they shall be devout to their religion is a fact. What is also a fact, that if we bond favourably, then they will not bring in the religiosity in every affair of their equation with India. And to be frank, the Bangladeshis, well most, are not fanatical as the rest of the Muslims in other countries.

Visit Bangladesh and observe.

At the same time, I will not be PC and say that there are no anti Indian sentiment or there are no radical fundamentalist horrors in Bangladesh. There are!
what about the fact that they are kicking out hindus from bangladesh ?? that hindu percentage in bangladesh is slowly going down ??

pmaitra

^^ I don't think you have the right sources to understand BD. Bad things happen and they are reported. Good things also happen but they are not reported.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
"Killing all Bangladeshis and Pakistanis" - all 300+ million of them, is not a practical or reasonable goal, and I doubt if idiot really meant it to be so.

All I want personally, is to fence them off - fence them good and proper. Not one Bangladeshi or Pakistani should be able to walk into our country without the permission of our MEA.

After the fencing off, let us pursue whatever peace or bonding goals we want to. I hope any bonding we are doing, is not adversely affecting the progress of the border fence.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
what about the fact that they are kicking out hindus from bangladesh ?? that hindu percentage in bangladesh is slowly going down ??
Have you given it a thought as to why they are 'kicking out', as you say, the Hindus from Bangladesh?

Could it be that the Govt of Bangladesh is unable to prevent such activities of the fundamentalists who are there in Bangladesh?

Now, can you kick out the Muslims of India?

You may advocate a tit for tat, but then the Govt of India has different ideas.

So what is the net result?

Hindus are kicked out and you cannot kick out the Muslim and so you stew in your own juice.

Now,let us look at the this scenario.

We build good relations with Bangladesh. The Bangladeshi realise that we are not hegemonic and instead good and helpful neighbours. It obviously will make the fundamentalists weak. If the fundamentalists are weak, then they won't be able to kick the Hindus out. So, the Hindius will stay in Bangaldesh. And India will be benefited and concerned people like you will also be satisfied.

You be the Judge.

Which option is better!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
The only problem is Bangladeshis are Janus faced I find the Pakistanis are more straightforward with their intent
Can you cite even single instance where one can classify Pakistan Govt. (Military or Civilian) action to be straightforward starting from invasion of J & K in 1948?
The only issue with Bangladesh we have is the refugee? Time and again you guys never disappoint me by being hawks on the internet only but it is all talks and no substance. I have yet to come across a single forum contributor to take a lead in forming an association of like minded individuals who are willing to
light up the torch of reform to clean up the mess in Indian political field once for all so that India can achieve peace and prosperity by being a fair and just society. Once we have internal peace than we can also take on external threats head on.

pmaitra

Go to Loknath Temple in BD and you'll see that most of the devotees are Muslims.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles