Bollywood has an immense impact on our lives

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
There should be more interracial marriages to homogenize phenotypes.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
From an evolutionary POV, what is the advantage that interracial unions give that same race unions can't achieve ?
I'm just curious.

datguy79

Phenotypes are as much a product of environmental factors as they are genetic. Assuming you can even partially homogenize a part of the world (i.e. several million interracial marriages), the offspring over the next few generations will eventually revert because a mixed skin tone is less favourable if you live in a colder climate and is equally less desirable compared to dark skin if you inhabit a tropical climate.

Tronic

the offspring over the next few generations will eventually revert because a mixed skin tone is less favourable if you live in a colder climate and is equally less desirable compared to dark skin if you inhabit a tropical climate.
Why do you say that? What's the advantages/disadvantages of said skin tones in said climates?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Why do you say that? What's the advantages/disadvantages of said skin tones in said climates?
As we move towards the poles. the intensity of sunlight decreases. Paler skin allows for more penetration by Sun rays which is necessary for proper functioning of body and mind. I think this is the reason.

Tronic

As we move towards the poles. the intensity of sunlight decreases. Paler skin allows for more penetration by Sun rays which is necessary for proper functioning of body and mind. I think this is the reason.
Plausible theory, who knows.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Plausible theory, who knows.
I agree, it is not very clear.
But I do know that Black people are more susceptible to Vit. D deficiency than other people, when placed in temperate regions.

datguy79

If you live in northern Europe/North America, you will on average get much less exposure to the sun (owing to Earth's 23 degree tilt) than someone living in the Equator. So lighter skin is better in absorbing sunlight. It also helps against Vitamin D deficiency (most white people here have said deficiency) which can cause a whole list of other problems.

People in the equator have darker skin tones due to the more direct path of sunlight and to prevent sunburns which can cause melanoma. More melanin in the skin helps reflect sunlight in these climates.

This image probably explains it better:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Phenotypes are as much a product of environmental factors as they are genetic. Assuming you can even partially homogenize a part of the world (i.e. several million interracial marriages), the offspring over the next few generations will eventually revert because a mixed skin tone is less favourable if you live in a colder climate and is equally less desirable compared to dark skin if you inhabit a tropical climate.
I agree that phenotypes are partially influenced by environmental factors, but they are overwhelmingly genetic in nature. European settlers have inhabited regions of the world with warm climates such as South Africa, Australia, and the Americas for centuries, but they have still retained their original skin tone. The native peoples of these regions all have much darker skin tones.

Interestingly, even the Inuit people who inhabit northern Canada and Greenland have a much darker skin tone than Europeans, even though they live in the coldest region of the Earth. I think they have managed just fine regardless.

But I do know that Black people are more susceptible to Vit. D deficiency than other people, when placed in temperate regions.
Yes, this is true. The same problem occurs in women who wear burqas.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I am trying to understand,I am not particularly arguing against your point...so help me understand

If you ask any girl or a guy to choose a partner between a fat and a non fat person, he or she would definitely choose a non fat person, right ? Isn't this discrimination ?
Again with bald or a non bald person most probably a non bald person, right ? Isn't this discrimination ?
Girls choosing tall guys against short guys and Guys choosing a girls with good XYZ (structure), isn't this discrimination ?

People do one thing or the other to overcome this, no ? Hair growth treatment, XYZ Surgeries, programs/medicines to become lean....
Why are people obsessed only with Color and not with any other discrimination?

Am I not thinking in the right way ?
While your post can get you likes, I am sure you will not marry a "fat" dark ugly girl. Idealism is good. Realism is better. It's an accepted fact that Indians are racists.

opesys

While your post can get you likes, I am sure you will not marry a "fat" dark ugly girl. Idealism is good. Realism is better. It's an accepted fact that Indians are racists.

That's what i am also trying to say..."Idealism" is good and "Realism" is better...stop fcuking pretending and act as if the only people who discriminate the ones who do it based in color..

Last edited:

Tolaha

Fat and dark => ugly? :cerealspit:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
You people can say what you like, but I would take a Sinhala auntie over a 'fair-skinned' Pasthun any day of the week.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Fat and dark => ugly? :cerealspit:
:nono:
Politically correct way to say that: Horizontally challenged, melanistically challenged, aesthetically challenged :)

Why blame Indians alone, everybody is racist in his/her own way. Some show it, some don't.

Tolaha

You people can say what you like, but I would take a Sinhala auntie over a 'fair-skinned' Pasthun any day of the week.
A hardcore Tamil thambi sitting next to me keeps ogling at the Sinhalese aunty sitting behind me all the time! Certain "things" cross all borders! ;-)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
no i guess Bollywood can be now compared with hollywood in quality

bt the recent movies stories are nt as good as the bollywood movies in 90's.
You have got to be kidding me!
Hindi movies over the last few years have moved away from the typical love stories and dancing around the trees to some real food stuff.

Tronic

Over a fair skinned Pashtun what? a girl or an auntie? I'm wondering if civie is into aunties.. :pound:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles