Boko Haram may have just killed 2,000 people: 'Killing went on and on

t_co

Re: Boko Haram may have just killed 2,000 people: 'Killing went on and

Why is it that Islam is the only religion with "bleeding borders"?

Chechnya - Islam's border with Russia
Xinjiang - Islam's border with China
Pakistan - Islam's border with India
Boko Haram/Sudan/Kenya - Islam's border with non-Islamic (pagan) Africa
Kosovo/Serbia - Islam's border with Europe

sydsnyper

Country flag

But you still support the pakis..

santosh10

I just made a post as below :ranger:

Xinjiang: Has China's crackdown on 'terrorism' worked?
2 January 2015

"Kashgar is not stable."

The government is watching every citizen.

'Triple evil'

I was in Kashgar to tackle one of the hardest China stories to cover.

Kashgar is the last stop before Pakistan, :facepalm:, closer to Baghdad than it is to Beijing. It's at the far western edge of the troubled province of Xinjiang, home to 10 million Uighurs.

China doesn't trust the loyalty of these citizens. It worries about whether they are Chinese first or Muslim first. :ranger:

At least 200 people have now died in clashes related to Xinjiang over the past six months and perhaps half of those killed are the attackers themselves. :rofl:
:thumb:

So what is causing young Uighur men to commit acts of violence which so often end in their own deaths?

The Chinese government says they are being poisoned by the holy war propaganda of militant Islam, propaganda flooding across the border from Pakistan and Afghanistan on DVDs, mobile phones and internet.

As I travelled between Kashgar and a neighbouring city on a public bus, I witnessed young Uighur men obediently filing off at police checkpoints so that their phones could be checked for religious materials.

No official is allowed to pray in a mosque. And no one under the age of 18 is allowed in. No children."

A Uighur police officer told me the same thing. "I am a practising Muslim but I can't pray at the mosque."

'Spies everywhere'

I talked to men who complained that they were no longer allowed to grow a beard, and to women who are no longer allowed to wear a veil.:thumb:

But the President also urged "decisive action"¦ to resolutely suppress the terrorists' rampant momentum". :ranger:
bbc.com/news/world-asia-30373877

=>
@Ray @The Messiah @dastan

Ray sir, you have enough knowledge of China, how do you see these news? Pakistan+Bangladesh have been great supporters of China, while the closest town to Pakistan belongs to those Muslims, whose loyalty China doesn't trust at all....

the above are few key lines of the news, how do you see emerging superpower China tackling extremism?

=>

The White Man to our shores to peddle in herbs, etc. We were kind to them, and look what they have done to us S Asians! It is payback time. We are gradually taking over.Don't be misled by the religious bunkum. That's just to divert attention. Compared to the West, our societies are far happier, balanced and welfare oriented. In the West it is Money that can buy you justice/law, political power, everything. The common man/womaninthe West is nothing.
as a Bangladeshi Muslim, how would you see these developments in China? :ranger:

Last edited by a moderator:

t_co

But you still support the pakis..
China supports Pakistan because China imports oil from the Persian Gulf and exports to the EU, and both goals are made easier by making sure India cannot fully control the IOR. If India can one day convince China that India can help China secure both of those goals, then China will naturally decrease its support for Pakistan.

China's support for Pakistan has nothing to do with the fact that they are mainly Muslim. Pakistanis could pray to Martians and China would still support them. In fact, China would probably rather Pakistanis did that as it would alleviate China's Xinjiang issues...

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

China supports Pakistan because China imports oil from the Persian Gulf and exports to the EU, and both goals are made easier by making sure India cannot fully control the IOR. If India can one day convince China that India can help China secure both of those goals, then China will naturally decrease its support for Pakistan.

China's support for Pakistan has nothing to do with the fact that they are mainly Muslim. Pakistanis could pray to Martians and China would still support them. In fact, China would probably rather Pakistanis did that as it would alleviate China's Xinjiang issues...
We've heard all this a million times now.

When the Paki state disintegrates and the numerous terror groups cause total chaos there, we'll be staring at a nuke-enabled mad terrorist nation.

And the bloody nukes have been gifted by China.

If they are not de-nuclearized by then, you will have to pay too.

sorcerer

Country flag

Hmmm... I suppose this was what US believed... THis was what France believed....This is what UK believed...This is what China is believing..
Religion over rides everything for Pakistan that include China and East Turkestan.

t_co

Hmmm... I suppose this was what US believed... THis was what France believed....This is what UK believed...This is what China is believing..
Religion over rides everything for Pakistan that include China and East Turkestan.
To be fair, that may be the case for a subset of the average Pakistani population. But most Pakistanis, like most Indians and most Chinese, simply want a better life for themselves and their children. And the Pakistani villa dwellers (not village dwellers) that China talks to most of the time probably make the Chinese government think Pakistanis value money above all else...

DingDong

Country flag

To be fair, that may be the case for a subset of the average Pakistani population. But most Pakistanis, like most Indians and most Chinese, simply want a better life for themselves and their children. And the Pakistani villa dwellers (not village dwellers) that China talks to most of the time probably make the Chinese government think Pakistanis value money above all else...
Explain the highlighted part. Better can have different meanings for different people, for some it translates into "100% Halal Sharia Rule".

A Paki general once said: We will eat grass but we will make Bomb.

sorcerer

Country flag

Yes I agree. But the average Pakistani population is powerless against the Islamist hardliners . Thats what we see from the news coming from Pakistan everyday. Even their civilian govt is wary when taking action against terrorists..

People who want of better way of life doesnt care if China supports them or Supports any other country. They dont really give a damn about policy of the state. All they care for is the bare minimum requirement to carry on with their life. The terrorists on the other hand is the one who holds the reigns when it comes to policies of Pakistan.

Look at the civilian protest that happened in Pakistan for over a month. That collective effort of common men and women failed to bring down Govt or a policy reversal. BUT look at the terrorists actions..they always manage to make their point heard loud (Pun intended) and Govt always take their demands very seriously and even does things to appease them.(Granting them bail, providing lawyers to fight their case, changing judges...)

Ofcourse Pakistanis value money above everything else....but the respect of Villa dwellers for money vs service will tilt more towards money vs threat if they find that money vs threat is the way to get easy money. They have already found that threat is the winning gamble.
US had its fair run along that threat parallel and its still doing it.

How can China do what US did and expect a different result.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

I just made a post as below :ranger:

=>
@Ray @The Messiah @dastan

Ray sir, you have enough knowledge of China, how do you see these news? Pakistan+Bangladesh have been great supporters of China, while the closest town to Pakistan belongs to those Muslims, whose loyalty China doesn't trust at all....

the above are few key lines of the news, how do you see emerging superpower China tackling extremism?

=>

as a Bangladeshi Muslim, how would you see these developments in China? :ranger:
We must assist east turkistan fighters, could turn out quite useful in the long run ie if we ever want to take back gilgit-baltistan.

Last edited by a moderator:

anoop_mig25

Country flag

We must assist east turkistan fighters, could turn out quite useful in the long run ie if we ever want to take back gilgit-baltistan.
Well that only happen in time of war and that too we are sure that east turkistan fighters would win

OR else only providing moral support doesnt increase your friend list

blogsofjihad

The Nigerians and neighboring countries need to cut the b.s. and start hammering these savages.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

The Nigerians and neighboring countries need to cut the b.s. and start hammering these savages.
55% of their country is Islamic population. Majority Sunni.

90% of their attacks are in non-Muslim areas.

You tell me how does the Nigerian Army finish Boko Haramis.

Don't tell me 'Army has nothing to do with religion'.

Please remember, that every country's military is not like our own.

ladder

Country flag

North-East region of Nigeria where BH operate is Muslim dominated areas. Therefore it is unlikely 90% of their attacks are on Christians. Christians dominate the southern Nigeria and middle Nigeria is a mixed zone.

As any other army should.

Don't tell me 'Army has nothing to do with religion'. Please remember, that every country's military is not like our own
Correct, their army is not exactly like ours but surprisingly to a larger extent it is.

Those soldiers who refused to go to front to fight were court-marshalled and sentenced to death.

=========

Nigerian army's problem is as much as capacity as is ideology (of general population) and corruption.

Like India where civilian leadership was to a large extent was un-comfortable with military for the fear of coup, In Nigeria due to repeated coups, when civilian govt. took over in early 90's they downsized military and funding.

A country like Nigeria (Nearly equivalent to Pakistan in population and area) now has around 100,000 troops and the combined police and military budget is $ 1.5 Billion.

===========

About killing 2000 people, those are hear-say reports as those areas are even out of bounds for journalists. So killing must have happened but 2000 might have been an far stretch.

===============

Nigeria has general election this year ( I think it is next month or march) , thus many mis-information suited to vested interest might emerge.

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Because it's the onleeeee religion of Peace,Love,Brotherhood,Equality and what not... they like to spread it through their borders. :wave:

ladder

Country flag

Official Nigerian military statement.

PRESS BRIEFING BY THE DIRECTOR DEFENCE INFORMATION ON THE TRUE SITUATION IN BAGA | Nigerian Defence Info

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Intent alone would help my friend.

Most of the African armies are not as ideologically strong as Indian, Chinese or other global militaries are.

Nigerian army has the intent but there are a lot of problems within them apart apart from their lack of sophisticated weapons.

Remember that it is powerful petrodollars that backs Boko Haram with obvious tacit support from US.

A powerful Nigeria with lots of oil wealth means no stranglehold of developed economies in western Africa.

Think politically.

It may technically have nothing to do with their demography also (which I highly doubt, owing to the 55% ratio).

Boko Haram is not an organization; it is a shapeless enemy driven by ideology and oil money.

When we in India, far more powerful in every way haven't been able to crush Jihad till now, what makes you think Nigeria can in its present state.

In all technicality, BRICS needs to put a combined effort against Boko Haram.

This is the right time to create an alliance against Jihad and unlike what West has.

Remember, their intel agencies are the ones who actually want to retain these groups. No one in Asia or Africa wants them.

What happened in France is because even Europeans are losing control of their countries.

The only countries that have an ideological power base right now are Russia-India -China and Israel.

Russia and Israel are the only two countries to have brought Jihad on its knees that too in their worst and weakest forms.

While we have issues with the Chinese and vice versa, I got to say that Chinese would happily agree to fight against Jihad.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles