Blitzkrieg of the 21st century: Russia´s hybrid warfare

jouni

Has Russia changed the rules of the warfare, like Germans did with Blitzkrieg, of British with area bombing, or Finns with "motti" tactics? Is this the future of warfare? Where it is not known where peace ends and war starts. How should the world react? Is this the guerilla warfare of the 21st century, where relatively weak regional power can challenge the much greater global powers. Will the world never be the same again?

http://www.interpretermag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/The_Menace_of_Unreality_Final.pdf

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I belive this is not a Russian innovation rather French and US and its allays like Turkey and UAE ..

Examples can be Libya and Syria, I think Syria is where Russian are fighting US sponsored Terrorist and Russian copied and doing this over Ukraine ..

sorcerer

Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

go_tango

Summary of the article above... #### The Interpreter, which was launched in 2013, was made possible by a seed grant from the London-based Herzen Foundation and a grant from the the New York-based Institute of Modern Russia, of which the journal is a special project. The Institute of Modern Russia continues to fund the project.####
:confused: :pound:

JBH22

I belive this is not a Russian innovation rather French and US and its allays like Turkey and UAE ..

Examples can be Libya and Syria, I think Syria is where Russian are fighting US sponsored Terrorist and Russian copied and doing this over Ukraine ..
In short Putin gave Uncle Sam a dose of its own medicine and as usual the west is acting as sore losers after getting check mated :)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Russia and the West to include NATO has been indulging in Hybrid War for long.

In recent times, the breakup of Yugoslavia heralded this type of operations and now it is on in Ukraine.

Every operation/ action taken to topple established Govt, be they democracy, dictatorship all over the world, especially in Third World countries, has been through 'hybrid war' initiation and action.

USSR, US, UK, France et al have had their finger in the pie in areas of their own interest requiring toppling or causing insurrection.

Hybrid warfare involves four threats:
(1) traditional;
(2) irregular;
(3) catastrophic terrorism; and
(4) disruptive, which exploit technology to counteract military superiority.

Last edited:

jouni

You cannot compare Ukraine to Iraq. Iraq was a traditional attack and occupy. Yugoslavia was a civil war, Libya also. Ukraine is a big modern European country. The way Russia has infiltrated, used propaganda and deception is masterful.

Remember that less than ten years ago Russia was developing strong ties with EU, then they suddenly started this idea of "Russian world" and all that comes with it. Just like Hitler created this imaginary "Aryan world" and all that came with it.

I think that you Indians should study closely this conflict, whether it ends with Russian victory or not. My prediction is that the next big conflict between India and Pakistan will follow These footsteps:

1. India starts to blame Pakistan for mistreating Hindus in certain regions
2. India supports Hindu separatism, and launches huge media offensive in the west to blame Muslims as anti-Indian.
3. India counts on Wests anti Muslim sentiment and expanses the conflict.
4. Muslims in India start to blame Pakistan as a failed state and demands it treats Hindus like India treats Muslims.
5. India supports pro India politicians in Pakistan and simultaneously arms radical groups in border area.
6. The world media starts to speculate that for the stability of the region it would be good to have more secular Pakistan, maybe even rejoining to "Greater India". Indians rally for a charismatic leader who can unite the two countries again.

Last edited:

JBH22

You cannot compare Ukraine to Iraq. Iraq was a traditional attack and occupy. Yugoslavia was a civil war, Libya also. Ukraine is a big modern European country. The way Russia has infiltrated, used propaganda and deception is masterful.

Remember that less than ten years ago Russia was developing strong ties with EU, then they suddenly started this idea of "Russian world" and all that comes with it. Just like Hitler created this imaginary "Aryan world" and all that came with it.
Your imaginary allusion to Hitler will not work here.. Don't forget its a Indo based forums and we don't have that negative view about Hitler.

As regards to Putin I see him as a man of conviction who restored pride of his country. In west a drunkard type Yeltsin would suit their agenda too bad for them :)

jouni

Your imaginary allusion to Hitler will not work here.. Don't forget its a Indo based forums and we don't have that negative view about Hitler.

As regards to Putin I see him as a man of conviction who restored pride of his country. In west a drunkard type Yeltsin would suit their agenda too bad for them :)
Your anger is blurring your vision.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

I think that you Indians should study closely this conflict, whether it ends with Russian victory or not. My prediction is that the next big conflict between India and Pakistan will follow These footsteps:

2. India supports Hindu separatism, and launches huge media offensive in the west to blame Muslims as anti-Indian.
4. Muslims in India start to blame Pakistan as a failed state and demands it treats Hindus like India treats Muslims.
5. India supports pro India politicians in Pakistan and simultaneously arms radical groups in border area.
6. The world media starts to speculate that for the stability of the region it would be good to have more secular Pakistan, maybe even rejoining to "Greater India". Indians rally for a charismatic leader who can unite the two countries again.
Your post shows that you have absolutely no idea of India-Pakistan dynamics and the thought process followed by the populations of these nations.

Firstly, Hindus in Pakistan are a piddly small minority who are anyway always fearful for their safety and security. A piddly 2% minority fighting for "independence"? "Hindu separatism" in Pakistan? Most asinine idea possible!! Baloch separatism, yes. Pashtun separatism, yes. Sindhi or even Mohajir separatism, yes. But "Hindu separatism", really? What a daft idea!

"Media offensive in West to blame Muslims as anti-Indian" is another daft scenario to conjure up. You overestimate the "Western media" - most Indians don't give a rats ass about the "Western media", and certainly not enough to rely on them to achieve geostrategic objectives. And you have absolutely no idea of the dynamics of Indian Muslims. There are 15% Muslims in India (maybe more). In the interests of our own stability, no government would overtly paint Muslims as anti-Indian, though among the common public there is a lot of suspicion against Muslims. But your scenario is ridiculous.

And finally, which Indian in his right mind would want Pakistan "rejoined to greater India"? This is just silly. Who wants that horde of fanatical, barbaric, violent and monstrous creatures to join India? To what end? To increase the Muslim population to 30%? To have daily riots and bomb blasts and a million separatist movements?

What a crazy post! :sad:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Has Russia changed the rules of the warfare, like Germans did with Blitzkrieg, of British with area bombing, or Finns with "motti" tactics? Is this the future of warfare? Where it is not known where peace ends and war starts. How should the world react? Is this the guerilla warfare of the 21st century, where relatively weak regional power can challenge the much greater global powers. Will the world never be the same again?

http://www.interpretermag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/The_Menace_of_Unreality_Final.pdf

At first I thought it was a serious thread. Then I saw Jouni and his usual propaganda.
Interpretermag which is a wing of Institute of Modern Russia, a New York based anti-Russia propaganda platform. I think @pmaitra knows more.

The narrative by the article is BS for various reasons. The most important being that this conflict started with a America sponsored coup.

jouni

Your post shows that you have absolutely no idea of India-Pakistan dynamics and the thought process followed by the populations of these nations.

Firstly, Hindus in Pakistan are a piddly small minority who are anyway always fearful for their safety and security. A piddly 2% minority fighting for "independence"? "Hindu separatism" in Pakistan? Most asinine idea possible!! Baloch separatism, yes. Pashtun separatism, yes. Sindhi or even Mohajir separatism, yes. But "Hindu separatism", really? What a daft idea!

"Media offensive in West to blame Muslims as anti-Indian" is another daft scenario to conjure up. You overestimate the "Western media" - most Indians don't give a rats ass about the "Western media", and certainly not enough to rely on them to achieve geostrategic objectives. And you have absolutely no idea of the dynamics of Indian Muslims. There are 15% Muslims in India (maybe more). In the interests of our own stability, no government would overtly paint Muslims as anti-Indian, though among the common public there is a lot of suspicion against Muslims. But your scenario is ridiculous.

And finally, which Indian in his right mind would want Pakistan "rejoined to greater India"? This is just silly. Who wants that horde of fanatical, barbaric, violent and monstrous creatures to join India? To what end? To increase the Muslim population to 30%? To have daily riots and bomb blasts and a million separatist movements?

What a crazy post! :sad:
Ok, we will see. Remember that a year ago conflict between Ukraine and Russia was "an absurd idea", "unthinkable", "never gonna happen with brother nations". At least you agree with my basic idea, with some clarifications.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

I told you not to open your mouth about things you have absolutely no idea. No Hollywood movies on India don't count.

Let us know when you re taking back Karelia, then we'll try your idea. :lol:

jouni

At first I thought it was a serious thread. Then I saw Jouni and his usual propaganda.
Interpretermag which is a wing of Institute of Modern Russia, a New York based anti-Russia propaganda platform. I think @pmaitra knows more.

The narrative by the article is BS for various reasons. The most important being that this conflict started with a America sponsored coup.
Welcome, as always you jumped onboard without even reading the posts ;)

pmaitra

It is based out of New Jersey, but New Jersey is to New York what Thane is to Mumbai.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Ok, we will see. Remember that a year ago conflict between Ukraine and Russia was "an absurd idea", "unthinkable", "never gonna happen with brother nations". At least you agree with my basic idea, with some clarifications.
I definitely agree that there will be future showdowns with Pakistan. But certainly not with the kind of scenarios you envisaged.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I'm really beginning to wonder if you are 12 or something ?

There is a strong support base for Russia in the South and East of Ukraine. The only part of Ukraine that is actually anti-Rus is Western Ukr. (polish influence)

There is no such support base for India in Pakistan. The Hindus that were left over in Pakistan, were systematically converted or exterminated (kinda similar to how pro-Russians are exterminated in Ukraine these days.)

So my advise is to try and put at least a few facts into your usual propaganda, so that it may seem remotely appealing and so that when I counter it, I feel like I'm actually doing something.

pmaitra

Our friend @jouni has the same narrative. Let me take the liberty to turn his narratives into a metaphor (partially hypothetical).

Inane, but similies:
"Hitler had a pet dog. Putin also has a pet dog. That reminds me of Hitler.
"Hitler visited Mercedes-Benz factory. Putin visited KamAZ factory. That reminds me of Hitler.

Inane, and non-sequitur:
"Hitler took over Sudetenland. Putin took over Crimea. This reminds me of Hitler.
In reality, Hitler forcibly took over Sudetenland without a referendum. Putin accepted Crimea's request for accession to the Russian Federation after Crimea voted in a referendum to join the Russian Federation.

Inane, and narcissistic:
"Putin destabilized Ukraine. This reminds me of Hitler.
In reality, the west destabilized Ukraine for several years, and finally, the west backed Ukro-Nazis carried out a coup d'état, that ousted a democratically elected President, and installed a puppet dictator.

Inane, and sadistic:
"Russia invaded Ukraine.
In reality, we have seen the Kiev regime thugs shell civilians and we have seen bloodied dead bodies of civilians, women, old people, children, blown to bits by Kiev regime's indiscriminate shelling.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles