Blind Chinese activist Chen Guangcheng escapes from house arrest

redragon

Country flag
I think anyone who wants to go usa should do the same thing, a faster track

kickok1975

Chen lost his glory at least to me, he is not a real great man, he has not different from Wang Dan, wuerkaixi...bunch of losers, clowns
Chen is really a normal people seeking safety for him and his family. He was elevated to "hero" level by medias before but unfortunately he really isn't. I'm glad this drama finally ends but one should wonder: What kind of evil could drive a blind people like him into such desperate and fear situation? How many people like him are still suffering?

kickok1975

Hey, which govt you think is doing a better job, India or China?

It's hard to compare Apple and Orange unless you have lived in both countries for some time. One is authoritarian government but pro market, arguably very efficient; the other is democratic government but crippled by corruption and inefficiency. One is openly jailing and suppressing its people by absolute power; the other is ignoring and disappointing its people by lack of accountability.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
His preference he did not state.

This a forum of a free country.

Why are you from the Public Security Bureau?

Want to jail him?

We do not work as an extension of the CCP.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As expected, all you can do is doing empty pretty talking
All empty souls tend toward extreme opinions.

You sure are an empty soul.

God Bless or if you prefer Mao Bless!

redragon

Country flag
His preference he did not state.

This a forum of a free country.

Why are you from the Public Security Bureau?

Want to jail him?

We do not work as an extension of the CCP.
What? in a so-called forum of free speech, one is not allowed to ask a simple question? Why you ask "want to jail him" ? what is your logic? what is your evidence? Who is working as an extension of CCP? If you are pointing me, what is that claim based on?

And, I was not asking you, why you don't respect his right of free speech? why you are answering on his behalf? Did you get authorization from him?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
What? in a so-called forum of free speech, one is not allowed to ask a simple question? Why you ask "want to jail him" ? what is your logic? what is your evidence? Who is working as an extension of CCP? If you are pointing me, what is that claim based on?

And, I was not asking you, why you don't respect his right of free speech? why you are answering on his behalf? Did you get authorization from him?
Because anyone who speaks out, lands up in jail in China.

Of course the has his right to free speech.

Consider me Chen - a human rights activist!

nimo_cn

Country flag
Chen is really a normal people seeking safety for him and his family. He was elevated to "hero" level by medias before but unfortunately he really isn't. I'm glad this drama finally ends but one should wonder: What kind of evil could drive a blind people like him into such desperate and fear situation? How many people like him are still suffering?
If he cared so much about safety, don't act like a hero in the first place. Standing up against the most powerful regime, you have to take some consequences. I am not attempting to justify what CPC has done to him, I am just asking people to be realistic and stop being innocent.

Chen wasn't a normal people, Americans won't waste their resource on a normal guy unless he is valuable. But in my opinion, he certainly doesn't live up to all the glory that foreign media are lavishing on him. He got more attention from western media than ever before only after he sought intervene from the west. I am wondering what kind of title he would have got if he was also anti-America while being anti-CPC at the same time.

I believe he wanted to do something great, but obviously CPC didn't treat him well and that frustrated him. However, that doesn't give him excuse to invite Americans. Most people in China are kind of frustrated that this country isn't exact what they wish it to be, but if everyone just turns to outsiders for a change like Chen, what kind of country is China gonna be?

Stop being sensational by asking empty questions such as "What kind of evil could drive a blind people like him into such desperate and fear situation? How many people like him are still suffering?".

If people are really wondering something, how about this one, what kind of brainless people believe that Americans are willing to rescue China and Chinese people?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Standing up against the most powerful regime,
Indeed, powerful in suppressing its own people.

Stop being sensational by asking empty questions such as "What kind of evil could drive a blind people like him into such desperate and fear situation? How many people like him are still suffering?".
Actually, evil would be too harsh a word to use.

However, it does create human interest situations as to:

1. Why should a 'powerful country' as you said, is going hell for leather against a 'weak' person, who is blind and so handicapped to even be able to see what is being done to him.

2. Why is China so het up about human rights activists and jailing them, hospitalising them, house arresting them or gagging them, when the whole world has it share of such people (and many of them are nutjobs) and the whole world does not jail, torture, house arrests them? That is the issue. Why is China so concerned that they have to project an image of ALL citizens happy, rosy cheeked and contented? The human race is full of emotions and with many contradictions and it cannot be whitewashed and ordered to look happy, contended and cheerful. It makes all sorts to make a country and the world. You cannot dictate happiness and contentment.

So, why is China so keen to show that it is a 'perfect' country?!

Nothing in the world is perfect.

Mao was perfect when he ruled and when he died, the CCP said he was70% right and 30% wrong.

That smacks of a nation frogmarched into believing falsehoods when a Leader is in power and can torture and jail and keep peoples' mouth shut.

How is it that only when Mao died, the CCP accepted that Mao was 70% right and 30% wrong.?

3. If some Chinese is not happy to be in China, why hold on to him and embarrass yourself. Let the man go and rot wherever he wants!

If people are really wondering something, how about this one, what kind of brainless people believe that Americans are willing to rescue China and Chinese people?
Americans do everything with a purpose.

They are really not bothered about saving anyone or the Chinese.

Chen is a great propaganda tool and so he is worth America's interest to show China up as a horrid country!

The Americans are also very sharp and it is not that the Chinese alone are sharp!

Lastly,

Most people in China are kind of frustrated that this country isn't exact what they wish it to be, but if everyone just turns to outsiders for a change like Chen, what kind of country is China gonna be?
Should it matter?

First of all, do not create conditions where people want to turn to outsiders. If they are turning to outsiders, obviously there are good reasons. And these good reason is that the have FEAR. By holding to these people who want to leave, China is only proving that it has a repressive regime where FEAR is what keeps the country together.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrj

Global Defence

New threads

Articles