Blacks will never be equal in White America

pmaitra

Kindly keep your policing out of this thread pm. There are intelligent individuals having a discussion that has everything to do with the initial topic. Don't muddle every thread with moderation that's not necessary.
Posting comments is moderation? What is the variety of the green stuff you have been smoking? Next time you visit the US, stay in a better neighbourhood and choose your company wisely.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Articles: An Immigrant's View of Racism in America

Below are some questions regarding race that many immigrants to the US wonder about:
1- Most new immigrants don't believe that whites or anyone have much power over their destiny, so why are African Americans constantly told they are powerless without white support and approval?

2- The most important protection against unfair treatment is the law, and the US has the fairest laws in the world when it comes to protection of minorities. Much better than the laws we immigrants left behind in the old country. So why are blacks buying the propaganda that they are unprotected?

3- If blacks in America are so oppressed, why then are dark skinned people flocking to come to America?

4- Most new immigrants don't look to whites to solve our problems, so why do blacks look to whites to solve their problems?

5- Are whites responsible for the destiny, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness of blacks and other minorities?

6- Are whites even that powerful?

7- How can constant complaining about racism help black kids in any way?

8- It is obvious to most immigrants that White America often goes out of its way to make up for past injustice, but that seem to never be enough. Why is that?

9- Why do black and brown immigrants seem to succeed much quicker than African Americans?

10- Where I came from, slavery as well as sexual slavery still exists and is highly regulated and accepted in Islam, so why are many African Americans converting to Islam but still complain about US history of slavery?

11- Why are most white people divided into two camps regarding race issues?

12- Why is the liberal camp full of rage and anger at the conservative camp and accusing them of racism?

13- Since race baiting is profitable business, will it ever end?

14- Why are many African American activists constantly saying 'we need more discussion and dialogue over race'? Haven't they discussed this to death already?

15- The whole world has been hearing about racism in America by American media for decades, and CNN International is constantly telling the world we are racists. So how can America expect the world to be anything but hateful towards the US?

16- Why are African Americans ignoring the fact that old-fashioned slavery still exists in the Muslim world and parts of Africa?

17- Why aren't the majority of Americans aware that slavery historically existed extensively within people of the same race all around the world even before America was discovered?

apple

It has been argued that one reason why Europeans advanced ahead of the rest of the world, is because they came from a continent that was ravaged by frequent and destructive wars which forced European states to either innovate and adapt, or die. European states were the quickest to adopt foreign technologies that they found useful (like gunpowder) and improved upon them, because they had a great need to do so. They also pursued foreign policies that were especially exploitative and ruthless, something which became more apparent when the Europeans acquired overseas colonies. All this led to a "weeding out" of smaller, weaker European states, and their replacement by more powerful and more centralized European states which became the forerunners of modern nation-states.

In India, the opposite was true, with the consequence that most of northern India was easily conquered in a few decades by the Turks.
I did a test in History at University, a few weeks ago, and your innovate, adapt (absorb would be a better term), or die was pretty much the central premise of one of books I read for the test: McNeill& McNeill's "The Human Web: A Bird's-Eye View of World History". Although, Muslim countries, they claimed, stagnated due to "hard men" from the desert taking over the cities, becoming "soft" city people over time, before being swept from power by the next wave of desert nomads. So, conflict there didn't follow the European pattern instead they had a cycle of destructive war, the winners getting decadent, then war again with new rulers taking over and beginning the cycle again.

There's no need to look that far back, one can find instances of colonial exploitation by Scandinavians in much more recent times. For example, the Danes owned slave plantations in the Caribbean, alongside Britain and France. A good book on the subject:

Slave Society In The Danish West Indies: St Thomas, St Thomas And St Croix - Google Books
In the 1600's, the Swedish Empire, which would have included Finland, Estonia, parts of Russia, Germany and Poland at the time, colonized North America and created New Sweden in what became Delaware. New Sweden attacked New Holland, the Netherland's North American colony, which turned out to be a bad idea and New Holland eventually occupied New Sweden, before New Holland, in turn, was captured by the British.

I'm presuming Zimmerman is a Latino goy?

apple

He's Catholic, not Jewish :-D

Father is white, mother is Latino.
OK, he must have had an interesting time at school.

Zimmerman, mentš, or wannabe Batman f-wit?

Apologies for going off-topic, but most of the discussion on this thread is a pretty dumb.

pmaitra

Excellent comment at CNN: Obama: 'Trayvon Martin could have been me' - CNN.com

Zapp "¢ 8 minutes ago −
Apparenly Bill Cosby is a racist for telling the truth..

"They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk:

Why you ain't,

Where you is,

What he drive,

Where he stay,

Where he work,

Who you be...

And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk. Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living. People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around. The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.

These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.

$500 sneakers for what?

And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics. I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.

Where were you when he was 2?

Where were you when he was 12?

Where were you when he was 18 and how come you
didn't know that he had a pistol?

And where is the father? Or who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward:

Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?

People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from??

We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa ..... I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid.

I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany , Scotland , England , Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already! ! !

With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail. Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no
longer the white person's problem. We have got to take the neighborhood back.

People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now. We have millionaire football players who cannot read. We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job. Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.

We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.. We cannot blame the white people any longer.'

~Dr.. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed..D.

WELL SAID, BILL

It's NOT about color...

It's about behavior!!!

TrueSpirit

not a chance, since I'm not a white wannabe coconut. Besides, I'd rather live in Europe, particularly Scandinavia.
Ohk, Scandinavia. Good choice but with a caveat. Dear friend, I work there (5-6 nations) for 3-4 months every year & can tell you from experience that the food sucks. I mean, if you are foodie, or love N. Indian type real-spicy food (being a Dogra, I believe you do), you are going to regret it every evening. I carry all my food-stuff from India itself but that is hardly a compensation. I yearn for a taste if Indian food. The supermarkets are just not up to it because are only a few thousand Indians.

But, on a serious note, the people are indeed nice, genuine, not aggressive by any means (neither is put-on politeness visible anywhere like US) & balanced, overall.

P.S. And I forgot to add, if you come here with family, forget about savings for initial few years (especially you are a travel-freak) The mesmerizing charm of Europe might keep you broke consistently, unless you are paid extravagantly (I am not).

Last edited:

TrueSpirit

A fact, let's face it, hardly any sane person would be jealous of America today. In the developed world, America lags far behind Scandinavia, and even its neighbour to the north. USA is pretty much the sh!thole of the developed world.
Well, except for the fact that you do get to save enough dollars even today (not everyone's top priority) & quality education + R&D opportunity, US would hardly be a first choice for an Indian to settle (provided one has seen around), given the avenues open to us.

It's mainly the above reasons + scale of opportunities & the diaspora attraction that continues to lure Indians towards US.

trackwhack

And some amongst them make a hole in the very plate they are eating off.

Stop taking potshots and answer my first question. Do you or any of you white masters here have a kid in an American public school? The same schools that you says black kids don't go to.

The answer is either no or you don't have kids. When you do you will not send them there.

America is an example to the rest of the world about how not to live if you had half a conscience. With all your self righteous bullshit about equality and freedom why is it that apart from some sub Saharan war torn countries, you come out tops in income inequality? Oh surprised, why don't you check if that's true?

And what fcking equality are you talking about. Blacks have been in america for 300 years. When did they legally become equal? The income and wealth disparity is because for nearly three hundred years the whites pissed on their corpses and made wealth. White wealth was built on black slavery. And that wealth is being used today to keep blacks poor.

Once again, if you disagree, make sure you put your kid in an American public school.

TrueSpirit

I just prayed to Thor, he has ordered me to tell you to read starting from the Vikings.
Vikings's superb marine-navigational expertise, vast "trade & raid" network (including with Arabs & Near-East), willingness to assimilate knowledge & ability to dominate native populations were the pivotal factor behind Renaissance.

The settled all over Europe and adopted Christianity. They settled in Western & Northern Russia & made Russia the giant it is today (Rus probably means rowing in some native-Viking lingo), they settled Normandy in Gaul, became the Normans, occupied the Brittany & the rest is history.

Vikings were not the blood-thirsty pigheads or aborigines as they are often painted in pop-culture. There was so much more to them & the modern civilization (Renaissance-onwards) as we know of today, owes a lot to their exploits, daredevilry & pragmatism.

TrueSpirit

Thanks, I meant start reading from the Viking part of history.
And the reason they weren't top notch exploiters is probably because they did not have the resources to compete with Britain, Spain & France. Not because they were naturally merciful people. It's a dog eat dog world out there, you gotta do what it takes. As simple as that.
Ever wondered who were the original Saxons, Britons, Normans, Visigoths & Russ principalities & Muscovi princes (who merged in Slavs) etc. who happened to rule the world in due time ?

Their bloodline, ancestry, where they originally came from...?

Explore that & you would be genuinely fascinated...........

Last edited:

TrueSpirit

You are making a strawman argument. I never argued that any nation is good and only America is evil. All I'm saying is that the US has one of the bloodier histories in the world. Its foundations are built on the backs of Blacks who were exploited ruthlessly and considered sub humans even until the middle of the 20th century.
My second point is that, the US, compared to other developed nations lacks in providing facilities to its people and thus can be considered, a shithole among the developed world.
Hard to contest that....US does have an extremely brutal history & is still one of the most violent societies. But that is how most powers have become powers.

The individualistic streak is way more pronounced there than in most EU societies, which can be more bad than good.

In your contest, US is far from the welfare economies of your choice. Scandinavia is indeed more evolved, you know.

However, taxation in Nordic nations takes a toll on your earnings & the cost of living can be exponentially higher. So, you SAVE LESS. but let me tell you, you LIVE MORE. Despite the bland food & overpriced everything :)

TrueSpirit

USA is far inferior to Scandinavian nations, in pretty every parameter used to measure quality of life.
Fact

And their histories are not as disgusting as that of America, Britain or France.
Are you sure ?

I repeat, America = the sh!thole of the developed world.
Instead, I would say not the best choice anymore except for education & saving dollars...

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Vikings's superb marine-navigational expertise, vast "trade & raid" network (including with Arabs & Near-East), willingness to assimilate knowledge & ability to dominate native populations were the pivotal factor behind Renaissance.

The settled all over Europe and adopted Christianity. They settled in Western & Northern Russia & made Russia the giant it is today (Rus probably means rowing in some native-Viking lingo), they settled Normandy in Gaul, became the Normans, occupied the Brittany & the rest is history.

Vikings were not the blood-thirsty pigheads or aborigines as they are often painted in pop-culture. There was so much more to them & the modern civilization (Renaissance-onwards) as we know of today, owes a lot to their exploits, daredevilry & pragmatism.
Ever wondered who were the original Saxons, Britons, Normans, Visigoths & Russ principalities & Muscovi princes (who merged in Slavs) etc. who happened to rule the world in due time ?

Their bloodline, ancestry, where they originally came from...?

Explore that & you would be genuinely fascinated...........
Yes, I know the vikings were great explorers and colonizers for their age: they reached parts of North America too, several centuries before Mr. Columbus set sail.
Yes, I know that many of the attributes associated with the Vikings are simply myths with no proof.
Yes, I know the the Rurik dynasty of Kievan Rus was established by 3 Varangian (Viking) brothers.
Yes, I know the Saxons, the Normans, the Franks, the Visigoths are all Germanic tribes probably from the Northern German area originally.

I was merely stating that the Vikings were not an inherently merciful people and that where ever they went they tried to acquire slaves (which was something the other poster said they didn't do.). Granted they were probably not as barbaric/uncivilized as depicted in popular culture but still by no means were they gentlemen. Power is acquired only by crushing the enemy, that is how it has been since the ages.

TrueSpirit

Yes, I know the vikings were great explorers and colonizers for their age: they reached parts of North America too, several centuries before Mr. Columbus set sail
Exactly, especially the Canadian parts, via Greenland.....

However you are right that they were hardly noble or generous or "clean", even by standards of their time.

But, they were one the greatest pragmatists & overall, superior to rest of erstwhile Europe, still reeling under the aftermath of Roman civ. collapse....hence, they came to overwhelmingly define the course of human history.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
& North America as well (especially the Canadian parts), via Greenland.....
:hmm:
That is same as what I wrote.
Anyway the Vikings even had contact with native Americans, whom they described as fearsome warriors coz the Native Americans put up a good fight.

TrueSpirit

:hmm:
That is same as what I wrote.
Anyway the Vikings even had contact with native Americans, whom they described as fearsome warriors coz the Native Americans put up a good fight.
Yeah, just edited that :) I misread America as Africa...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles