Bitter pill for India as Dr Dragon sails in

amoy

Let us say, for the sake of argument, you are right.

Heard of something called Legatee?

India is the Legatee of the Vedic, Mughal and British India.
cool, though I was astonished u didn't claim "India" is the legatee of the British Empire!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
cool, though I was astonished u didn't claim "India" is the legatee of the British Empire!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
Though you go obtuse because you have nothing to refute.

Indeed, It is a valid claim that India should have been the legatee to the British Empire, given the Chinese example.

However, the psyche is different to the imperialist and colonial attitude of the Han Chinese.

Imagine, we could have done a Tibet as the Chinese did, when we liberated Bangladesh. But we did not.

We are democratic and not imperialist, colonialist or hegemonic like China!

So, thank you, we did not and don't want to be a legatee to the British Empire! :wink:

We are not China, the imperialist, colonial and hegemonic menace thrust on the world polity and society!

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Folks - it's mainly to do with the economy - the relative strengths of the two economies . Dragon's economy is more efficient than ours - we have a lot of leakages - whether corruption or other inefficiencies - and as long as that difference continues, we will see them doing more than ourselves because they can afford it while we may have to struggle to keep up "¦.. We need to straighten out this corruption business and other inefficiencies - then we will see them having to catch up with us"¦"¦

Decklander

Folks - it's mainly to do with the economy - the relative strengths of the two economies . Dragon's economy is more efficient than ours - we have a lot of leakages - whether corruption or other inefficiencies - and as long as that difference continues, we will see them doing more than ourselves because they can afford it while we may have to struggle to keep up "¦.. We need to straighten out this corruption business and other inefficiencies - then we will see them having to catch up with us"¦"¦
Pls understand that Chinese economy is export oriented and manufacturing based economy while Indian economy is agri based and in case of war or disruption of chinese exports in any manner, China stand to lose far more than India. Also you must realise, man-to-man, Indian soldiers have always trounced Chinese counterparts in every battle till date. 1962 was an abbration and not just Zorawar Singh but even Assamese have thrashed these hans in every battle of history. Asaamese or Ahoms are of Indo-Aryan race. All these kingdoms were part of a cultural nation called India and became a nation bound by boundaries in 1947. So with so many races and tribes with history of thrashing hans, now part of a single nation, what chance do you give to these people?

TrueSpirit

Let us say, for the sake of argument, you are right.

Heard of something called Legatee?

India is the Legatee of the Vedic, Mughal and British India.

May I ask if what is today call China was China?

Han China was North of Hwango Ho and Yangtse Kiang.

It is the product of conquering and Sinicization.

And PRC is the legatee of the conquerors!

Even your claim to Xinjiang is claimed on being the legatee to the Khanate, who were Mongols and not Han!

China including the Han area are the legatee of the Khans!

And unlike the fact that the Dogras are Indians, the Mongols were not by a long chalk, Han!

What about the people the Chinese describe of the existence of "white people with long hair" or the Bai people in the Shan Hai Jing, who lived beyond their northwestern border

Modern genetic analysis suggests that aboriginal inhabitants had a high proportion of DNA of European origin.

Liviing on the glory of the Khans is that you are doing and gassing about!
@t_co Requesting your attention here. You had differed with me regarding "command over language" & "language skills" part. Have a look here & then we would talk.

Last edited by a moderator:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Pls understand that Chinese economy is export oriented and manufacturing based economy while Indian economy is agri based and in case of war or disruption of chinese exports in any manner, China stand to lose far more than India. Also you must realise, man-to-man, Indian soldiers have always trounced Chinese counterparts in every battle till date. 1962 was an abbration and not just Zorawar Singh but even Assamese have thrashed these hans in every battle of history. Asaamese or Ahoms are of Indo-Aryan race. All these kingdoms were part of a cultural nation called India and became a nation bound by boundaries in 1947. So with so many races and tribes with history of thrashing hans, now part of a single nation, what chance do you give to these people?
i am in favour of india rather than the lizard - but i am not keen on pretending ..... im not in favour of underestimating that prc-lizard .

all you have written above might describe the past quite accurately, but today ( and indeed tomorrow ) is a different issue ...

prc-lizard makes any and everything from paper clips to reasonably good fighter jets .... india doesnt do quite as much

in times of war prc-lizard can manufacture and not depend on foreign supplies and foreign favours - is india in the same league ?

does not india even now suffer lack of supplies if even the basis eg bullets, ammunition of tanks, bullet-proof vests etc etc ?

were a rather long way off from getting our act together - it CAN be done , but somehow were just not doing it

t_co

@t_co Requesting your attention here. You had differed with me regarding "command over language" & "language skills" part. Have a look here & then we would talk.
:lol: The post you quoted has numerous grammatical errors.

In response to Ray's post, the PRC is the legatee to the Republic of China (Taiwan), who was the legatee to the Qing Empire; the Qing Empire arose before the legal concept of being a legatee to another state was conceived. Look at the official map of the Republic of China - it matches the map of the Qing Empire. Had the CCP not taken power in China, China would likely be even bigger than it is now.

Also, genes and ethnicity have nothing to do with the size of a territory. By @Ray's logic, Russia should give up most of its land East of the Urals and the United States should not exist.

Territorial questions and borders exist on only two levels:

1) The recognition of other states - China's current boundaries are recognized by the UN P5 and 170 other nations across the globe;
2) Force.

The only way Ray's views are valid is if they are being carried at the end of an INSAS rifle (one that can shoot properly). Any other view is subjective and inherently unarguable.
@Ray, when it comes to your views on what territory China ought to have, come heavy (e.g. with nukes), or not at all.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
:
In response to Ray's post, the PRC is the legatee to the Republic of China (Taiwan), who was the legatee to the Qing Empire; the Qing Empire arose before the legal concept of being a legatee to another state was conceived. Look at the official map of the Republic of China - it matches the map of the Qing Empire. Had the CCP not taken power in China, China would likely be even bigger than it is now.
The final legatee to Han imperialism, whether you like it or not, is the PRC.

That way man is the legatee to Simians and the so world is not new to monkey tricks.

Yes, if the PRC had not taken power, maybe Taiwan would be a part of China.

But then the PRC compensated it and more by annexing Tibet.

Also, genes and ethnicity have nothing to do with the size of a territory. By @Ray's logic, Russia should give up most of its land East of the Urals and the United States should not exist.
It is important when races are wiped out and dressed up as the ethnic as the conquerors.

Russia and the US exist, but not claiming that it has a vast majority (93%) of one ethnicity. And they have not wiped out the cultural, lingual, customs or tradition of any of its ethnic people.

There lies the difference.

Territorial questions and borders exist on only two levels:

1) The recognition of other states - China's current boundaries are recognized by the UN P5 and 170 other nations across the globe;
2) Force.
Recognition is a fair accompli, de rigueur and not morally de jure.

China does not even have election to know what the people feel about the lording by the Han!

The only way Ray's views are valid is if they are being carried at the end of an INSAS rifle (one that can shoot properly). Any other view is subjective and inherently unarguable. @Ray, when it comes to your views on what territory China ought to have, come heavy (e.g. with nukes), or not at all.
My views are valid if carried at the end of an INSAS?

You mistake me for a Chinese. That is how China and the Communists ensures its writ.

Also, thanks for the honour coming from a Chinese, I am not Mao.

In my country, power does not grow from the barrel of a gun! :rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles