Bhagvad Gita faces legal ban in Russia

plugwater

Build more Arjuns.

The bad habit of importing too much weaponry will never allow us to make weapons of our own.
Su-30, Pakfa, Talwar class, Akula, Vikra, Nuclear reactors etc!! Should we dump those too ?

Param

Su-30, Pakfa, Talwar class, Akula, Vikra, Nuclear reactors etc!! Should we dump those too ?
I never said so. If you want to, go ahead and recommennd that to the Govt.

We should dump only inferior stuff that is bought particulary when we can build that in house.

plugwater

I never said so. If you want to, go ahead and recommennd that to the Govt.

We should dump only inferior stuff that is bought particulary when we can build that in house.
Talk when we can build Arjun fully in home. Check the foreign systems it has!!!

Param

Talk when we can build Arjun fully in home. Check the foreign systems it has!!!
Please read the article in Broadsword. There are only three components that are imported. Even those can be manufactured under License if there is a bulk order from the Army.

plugwater

Please read the article in Broadsword. There are only three components that are imported. Even those can be manufactured under License if there is a bulk order from the Army.
Dont consider Broadsword articles for T-90 and MRCA!!

Ajai is biased when it comes to T90.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
This move clearly suggests that the court decision is already predestined.

Predestination? Must be a Calvinist judge. :-D

SpArK

SORCERER
"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed." _Bhagavat Gita

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
this shows the hypocricy of christians around the world.in all international forum they shout lectures of secularism and now russia which is a christian dominated country is banning bhagvad gita.unlike quran and bible which are essentially religious books the bhagvad gita is a philosophical book,anyone following any faith can read it.even management trainees in institutes across the world,corporate sector employes have been reading it and found it useful in building an ethical buiseness model.i think india should stop all imports from russia and consider banning bible in india if hindus continue to face humiliation and persecution around the world.

Poseidon

Country flag
First of all even if the court orders a ban it will only be in St.Peters-burg district I Guess.
Also the orthodox church is very anti-non christian religion.

BTW How many of us have read the Gita,I haven't even seen it properly.
Just askin.

Param

sighh...there was a time when Indian delegation was met by saree clad russian ladies and use of tulsi was more popular in russia than India that too when atmosphere dont favor tulsi in russia.

since years they acted against the hindu faith destroying iskon temples and now finally banning bhagwad gita
The Russians are not Soviets.

I guess Russians there who grew up in the post cold war era don't know much about past and present ties with India.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Actually, on reading the article it seems only a particular interpretation of the Gita has been banned i.e the ISKCON one.

ISKCON translation contains a lot of propaganda in the form of commentary (IMO)

agentperry

The Russians are not Soviets.

I guess Russians there who grew up in the post cold war era don't know much about past and present ties with India.
im talking about rajiv gandhi time

Param

Actually, on reading the article it seems only a particular interpretation of the Gita has been banned i.e the ISKCON one.

ISKCON translation contains a lot of propaganda in the form of commentary (IMO)
:dude:You could have mentioned that in the beginning itself.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
:dude:You could have mentioned that in the beginning itself.
I copy pasted the headline (with minor editing). I read the full article just now :D

The case, which has been going on in Tomsk court since June this year, seeks to get a Russian translation of 'Bhagvad Gita As It Is' written by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the founder of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), on the Hindu religious text banned in Russia and declaring it as a literature spreading "social discord", apart from rendering its distribution on Russian soil illegal.
:hmm: so the ban will only apply to the ISKCON books or will it be a blanket ban ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles