Beygairat Brigade - Aalu Anday

Adux

Country flag
Beygairat Brigade - Aalo Anday -

[YT]Aalo Anday Teaser | Beygairat Brigade - YouTube[/YT]

Pakistani song questions Ajmal Kasab's treatment as 'hero'
October 19, 2011 PTI Islamabad

The latest Pakistani song to have gone viral on the Internet pokes fun at Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving Mumbai attacker, being treated like a 'hero' in his home country and slain Governor Salmaan Taseer's assassin being treated like a 'nawab'.

Over the weekend, Lahore-based band Beyghairat Brigade (The Dishonor Brigade) unveiled its first single 'Aloo Anday' – a sad commentary on Pakistani politics and the Pakistani psyche.

The song's video starts on an unassuming note with three boys in school uniforms complaining over their mother packing 'Aloo Anday' for lunch, but in the following three minutes, the band takes on everyone from Sharif brothers of the PML-N to the 'good-looking fundamentalist' Imran Khan.

Sung in Punjabi with subtitles in English, the video features singer Ali Aftab Saeed grumbling about Nobel Prize-winning Pakistani physicist Abdus Salam being forgotten by most while Taseer's assassin Mumtaz Qadri and Kasab are being hailed as new heroes.

If the clever lyrics were not stinging enough, the band holds up placards to leave no scope for doubt. Among them are: "Nawaz Sharif, bye bye. Papa Kiyani no likey you"; 'Tehreek-i-Insaf = good looking Jamaat-e-Islami'; 'free Judiciary = Hanged PPP; "Your money + my pocket = we're still enemies" and "Mullah + Military + Ziaul Yuckee".

Well-known columnist Nadeem F Paracha dedicated his latest article to the video.

"The name says it all: A tongue-in-cheek take on what is called the 'ghairat brigade' (honour brigade), the band sarcastically embraces a title that the peddlers of 'qaumi ghairat' (national honour) spit at those who disagree with the brigade's conspiratorial rants and an almost xenophobic brand of 'patriotism'," he wrote.

"In a clean, unadulterated sweep that lasts not more than ten seconds, (Beyghairat Brigade) wonders about a country where killers like Mumtaz Qadri (who assassinated former Punjab governor Salman Taseer after accusing him of committing blasphemy) are treated as royals; and where Ajmal Kasab (the Pakistani terrorist who took part in the attack in Mumbai) is a hero; and where mullahs escape wearing a woman's burqa (like the head cleric of the Lal Masjid); and how no-one ever mentions men like the Nobel-Prize winning Pakistani scientist Abdul Salam (just because he belonged to the outlawed Ahmadi sect)," Paracha wrote.

On its Facebook page, the band describes itself as a "deadly injection for deadly infection" and tells people cheekily – "if you want us killed, like us". Apart from the stupendous response on the internet, the song has been played on Dawn News channel. Comments are piling up on Youtube, where the song has been uploaded, and also on Facebook.

A fan decided not to eat "aloo anday" for a week to show solidarity to the band. Others, however, are accusing the group of promoting the cause of the minority Ahmadi sect, which was declared non-Muslim in the 1970s.

Pakistani song questions Ajmal Kasab's treatment as 'hero' | Deccan Chronicle

Adux

Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:

Adux

Country flag
[video=youtube_share;ZEpnwCPgH7g]http://youtu.be/ZEpnwCPgH7g[/video]

I love this, full video

Adux

Country flag
This is not a good development, this mean Pakistani's are introspecting and growing a brain. Not good for its complete destruction. I hope this does not continue.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
[video=youtube_share;ZEpnwCPgH7g]http://youtu.be/ZEpnwCPgH7g[/video]

I love this, full video
This is not a good development, this mean Pakistani's are introspecting and growing a brain. Not good for its complete destruction. I hope this does not continue.
Yes, but some of them are humans like us , BTW very nice song i'll post it on my FB account :clap:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
read the comments on youtube, it will restore your faith in the pak masses.

Adux

Country flag
read the comments on youtube, it will restore your faith in the pak masses.

It wouldnt be more than a few thousand, in a land of 180 million. I think my faith in the pak masses to blow themselves up for 72 virgins, stays quite firm, the song wouldnt be a reality if that wasnt the case.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
It wouldnt be more than a few thousand, in a land of 180 million. I think my faith in the pak masses to blow themselves up for 72 virgins, stays quite firm, the song wouldnt be a reality if that wasnt the case.
Agreed ! perhaps 20-30% people would be of that class but still the majority are extremists with anti-India views.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Ajmal Kasab's current life would be a great incentive for a lot of Pakistani youth.

They'd be all the more motivated to carry out attacks on India and surrender themselves hoping they don't end up getting shot down.

Adux

Country flag
Agreed ! perhaps 20-30% people would be of that class but still the majority are extremists with anti-India views.
That is 54 million people, Sorry that is just Indian day dreaming, there is no way there are that many sane people in Pakistan, who are secular and has a positive view of India.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
20-30% equates to 1 in 5-3, no chance in hell man.
If you go by internet observations you get one sane comment after going through about 300 comments from the Pakistani side, do the math.

Tronic

I bet these guys are Ahmediya. The rest of the Pakistanis are too brainwashed to mention Abdus Salam, these guys do, hence my conclusion, they are from the persecuted minority, Ahmediyas!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

This is another instance that Pakistan is not that dormant.

Do we have such fun on TV?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Most likely these are NRPs who can take no all the involved parties in one song - Pak Army, PPP, Nawaj Sharif, TEI, JuI etc. And taking the name Abdus Salam is blasphemy in Pak land. Unless these guys are NRPs, they will be hunted down by the above.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Listen to the words.
\

SPIEZ

Country flag
Gosh! I m addicted to the AALO ANDEY song, it is really good.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The actual anthem

The actual marching tune

compare it with the above post.

One must hear both the lyrics i.e. the one in the above post which indicates the pathetic reality of Pakistan and the one on this post that is the original!

Surprising that the Pakistanis can make fun of their anthem or is the situation that bad that they are desperate?

and they are losing hope!

Not surprising that songs like Aloo Andey are popular in Pakistan!

johnee

Shiv, piskologist of BR has a theory regarding this video. He feels that this video was made with an agenda of advertising Pakis as a sane and normal breed who are capable of self-introspection. The video is targeted not at pakis but others to promote an idea that there is a 'moderate' section in paki society. The english transalations, the witty wallpapers, ... etc. all indicate that the video is not meant for pakis, atleast not the aam abduls & ayeshas.

There growing realisation around the world that all pakis are incurable jihadis or ardent supporters of jihadis. As a consequence, people increasingly are coming to the inescapable conclusion that giving aid to pakis is equivalent to indirect funding of islamic terrorism. US is preparing for use of more forces in its WOT.

In this background, such videos are used to give an impression that there still exists a segment that does not share the views of the radicals. This imaginary 'moderate' paki will be presented as the only viable solution. US( and the world including India) will be advised to strethen this non-existent group by generous aid and lenient policies. After pandering to all their demands, the world(including US) must sit back hoping & praying that pakis stop being pakis( i.e. a menace to one and all).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles