Best hatchback cars in India???

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hi all
Starting this thread to share you views that which hatch back cars is perfect to buy under Rs5k as I am planing to buy a family car with some luxury features, good mileage and low maintenance as I am hanging between about maruti swift and skoda fabia but got confused between them so want your suggestion guys which to buy??

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Skoda Fabia 's A S S (after sales service) is expensive.
Swift has a huge waiting period for diesel.

What's your daily running like ?
City or highway ?
how many people ?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Fabia is better. Aftersales services are bit expensive but skoda has good resale market so one can get rid of it if bored.

Don't know whats wrong with me inside Swift. Survived 2 major accidents involving swift. Otherwise its good for inter-city travel & small tours. I won't ever take it to long distance trips.

Blackwater

City or highway ?
how many people ?
Singh is true. i got beat diesel in India. Its good both for city and little bit highway use.

but if u travel lot than swift desire diesel hatch(new one) less than 4 metre might come in 5 lakh ruppess.

Aviod Tata and Fiat. For GOD sake.

Tolaha

Aviod Tata and Fiat. For GOD sake.
Fiat cars are supposed to be good. I'm saying this because my friend (a total Fiat fan) keeps comparing his Fiat with other cars. And solely based on his claims, after-sales is vastly improved.

Supposedly its built like a tank with no 'rattling' even when it has reached close to 1 lakh kilometers. From what I've heard, Fiat, Germans and the big 2 Japanese cars (Toyota and Honda) make really long lasting cars.

Honda Jazz - Fab car but not in the price range you've mentioned

Blackwater

Fiat cars are supposed to be good. I'm saying this because my friend (a total Fiat fan) keeps comparing his Fiat with other cars. And solely based on his claims, after-sales is vastly improved.

Supposedly its built like a tank with no 'rattling' even when it has reached close to 1 lakh kilometers. From what I've heard, Fiat, Germans and the big 2 Japanese cars (Toyota and Honda) make really long lasting cars.

Honda Jazz - Fab car but not in the price range you've mentioned
fiat cars are good,infact their 1.3 diesel engine is used by 4other car manufactures in India. Fiat has problem with after sales and service. fiat does not have good second hand market..

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned

City or highway ?
how many people ?
Hi Singh
See basically I want for city purpose and daily running is around 50 to 60m kms see for swift I have to wait a lot.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Hi Singh
See basically I want for city purpose and daily running is around 50 to 60m kms see for swift I have to wait a lot.
The running costs with diesel would be 2-3 rs per kilometer, and with petrol would be 4-6 rs per kilometer. You need to calculate if your lowered running costs with diesel would justify the extra price tag.

I would recommend sticking to a brand which has proven after sales service.

The enlightened

Add VW POLO to the list.
The car has won some serious awards like the European Car 10' and World Car 10'.

Blackwater

The running costs with diesel would be 2-3 rs per kilometer, and with petrol would be 4-6 rs per kilometer. You need to calculate if your lowered running costs with diesel would justify the extra price tag.

I would recommend sticking to a brand which has proven after sales service.
keep in mind diesel cars are expensive to maintain in terms of service and parts

pmaitra

Don't have much experience with cars, but I can add a bit about Tata.

My dad owns a Tata Indigo - not a hatchback, but very similar to the Indica.

I must say, I loved driving it when I was in India. The engine is very powerful and the ride reasonably comfortable.

The wheel alignment was a bit screwed up because our driver likes to show off his driving skills by using the steering wheel a lot to avoid potholes. Not the best experience for passengers, which is probably why I felt a lot of roll when he was driving and I was sitting at the back. I told him to stop his turning left and right to avoid potholes. "Just slow down, keep the steering wheel straight and go over the pothole." He didn't quite like that comment from me.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Maruti cars are the best buy. Affordable, cheap to maintain, service stations all over. I mean the ads they show about having service stations anywhere in India is true. I travel a lot and I know it.

Swift diesel is good if you travel 60 kms a day. My cousin bought one. He just went for a pre-owned car to avoid any wait.

pmaitra

Maruti cars are the best buy. Affordable, cheap to maintain, service stations all over. I mean the ads they show about having service stations anywhere in India is true. I travel a lot and I know it.

Swift diesel is good if you travel 60 kms a day. My cousin bought one. He just went for a pre-owned car to avoid any wait.
Don't know how good Swift diesels are. My friend had a Zen diesel. It became rickety after about a year. The diesel engines don't treat the joints and welds very well, and the spares and maintenance can cost one dear.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles