Bengal Lancers parading through London

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Is this to annoy indians even more, i hope they dont get even a deal for toilet paper.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
This is the comment that i left there! :D

READ.Your british media is bullshit. India is the second largest investor in the UK, did you know that?Indian companies have saved thousands of jobs in UK by saveing business like JLR,Cores steel etc., Do they tell you all that? Recently in a small temple in South India they found treasure worth 23 billion with one massive vault still unopened. Britian has looted far far larger temples taken massive diamonds like the kohi-noor diamonds, not to mention wreck our industries like handloom,carpentry etc., by takeing it to Manchester and automating the loom into powerloom and selling the same stuff at cheaper price, many handloom weaver committed suicide back in the day.Now they complain if China or India do it. Britian caused massive famines by diverting food grains to supply its troops in europe in WW2 again killing millions. The estimated loss caused by britian to India is incalculable. You give us back a trillion dollars and we will let you to manufacture our Toilet paper.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Dear mods please ban any source from the UK. They do not allow us to post in their comments, my above post was not displayed there. I tried many times and it just wont appear. Why do we need anything to do with this mad nation?

H.A.

READ.Your british media is bullshit. India is the second largest investor in the UK, did you know that?Indian companies have saved thousands of jobs in UK by saveing business like JLR,Cores steel etc., Do they tell you all that? Recently in a small temple in South India they found treasure worth 23 billion with one massive vault still unopened. Britian has looted far far larger temples taken massive diamonds like the kohi-noor diamonds, not to mention wreck our industries like handloom,carpentry etc., by takeing it to Manchester and automating the loom into powerloom and selling the same stuff at cheaper price, many handloom weaver committed suicide back in the day.Now they complain if China or India do it. Britian caused massive famines by diverting food grains to supply its troops in europe in WW2 again killing millions. The estimated loss caused by britian to India is incalculable. You give us back a trillion dollars and we will let you to manufacture our Toilet paper.
Bhai we use lota.....and not toilet paper....you can give them that for manufacturing, LOTA's :laugh:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador

Classic response. :pound:

Of course they censored this comment, the Anglos hate the facts when it comes to their beloved empire.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Still, of historical interest.

In 1897, Britain was at the height of her powers. Victoria ruled over some 300 million people, nearly two-thirds of whom were Indians, and her possessions covered 1.8 million square miles.
Her Jubilee was a vast, glorious, global party in which her subjects were invited to affirm their allegiance and rejoice at being part of the greatest empire in the world. No one was excluded. Five thousand beggars in Calcutta received a decent free meal, as did the paupers in Sydney's workhouses and 19,000 Indian convicts received pardons from their Queen Empress.
A few weeks after the Jubilee, [Churchill] made his first political speech to an audience of West Country Conservatives. They heard him praise 'the splendour of their Empire, the nature of their constitution and the importance of their fleet' and, in conclusion, he emphasised 'our mission of bringing peace and civilisation and good government to the uttermost ends of the earth'.

Soon after, the 23-year-old Hussar subaltern was doing just that on the North-West Frontier of India in a campaign against the Pashtun tribesmen who, then as now, violently objected to taking orders from infidels.
[Victoria's] uncle and one of her predecessors, George IV, had been a debauchee who was happiest at the gaming table with a glass of brandy at his side, and his brother William IV, whom Victoria succeeded, was an affable buffer with a string of illegitimate children by his mistress, the actress Mrs Jordan.
George IV was the last British monarch to lead troops in battle.

Some Indian peasants believed that the crowned queen on the silver rupees was a goddess who would one day rescue them from their landlords and, ironically, her tax-collectors. Republicanism had emerged briefly in the middle years of her reign, when she hid herself from the public in mourning for Albert, but it withered once she resumed her state duties.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Dear mods please ban any source from the UK. They do not allow us to post in their comments, my above post was not displayed there. I tried many times and it just wont appear. Why do we need anything to do with this mad nation?
mine did :che:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Of course. You are insidious. :-D

Most of the comments were strongly anti-monarchy. Nobody can just enjoy history anymore.
I wonder if the blue coat in your Avatar would agree to that comment?? :D

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I wonder if the blue coat in your Avatar would agree to that comment?? :D
Well, as you know, the War of 1812 followed the War of Independence, and Andrew Jackson hated the British all his life (while killing and deporting more Native Americans.)

Maybe 1/3 of Americans adhered to the Patriot cause, 1/3 were Tories and the rest stayed out of it.

History is always interesting. Here in North Carolina, the Jacobite family of Flora McDonald, having fought against the Crown in 1745, found itself on the "wrong" side in 1776.

Flora MacDonald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Battle of Moore's Creek Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Well, as you know, the War of 1812 followed the War of Independence, and Andrew Jackson hated the British all his life (while killing and deporting more Native Americans.)

Maybe 1/3 of Americans adhered to the Patriot cause, 1/3 were Tories and the rest stayed out of it.

History is always interesting. Here in North Carolina, the Jacobite family of Flora McDonald, having fought against the Crown in 1745, found itself on the "wrong" side in 1776.

Flora MacDonald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Battle of Moore's Creek Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you one of those civil war reenactors? You really do sound like a nice guy but why do you end up on the Republican side, for most part RP has lost its way. Today Ron Paul is the original republican voice he sums up everything the party stood for in the past but yet the RP front runner is a Mormon nut job like Mit Romeny while the Democratic party that had seen so much illiberal thoughts in the past has become the voice of liberals and all the evangelist and raciest types ended up with the Republican party, simply because they still follow the low tax economic policy i guess?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Are you one of those civil war reenactors? You really do sound like a nice guy but why do you end up on the Republican side, for most part RP has lost its way. Today Ron Paul is the original republican voice he sums up everything the party stood for in the past but yet the RP front runner is a Mormon nut job like Mit Romeny while the Democratic party that had seen so much illiberal thoughts in the past has become the voice of liberals and all the evangelist and raciest types ended up with the Republican party, simply because they still follow the low tax economic policy i guess?
Not a CW reenactor, but I went to Gettysburg once during that first weekend in July and was amazed by the people there. There even was a guy doing (simulated) embalming!

The 26th NC Infantry Regiment goes to G'burg every year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/26th_North_Carolina_Infantry

I am not a Republican. Usually I vote a split ticket, usually for judges and local representatives.

I think Ron Paul will support Romney now that he will be allowed to speak at the Republican convention.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Not a CW reenactor, but I went to Gettysburg once during that first weekend in July and was amazed by the people there. There even was a guy doing (simulated) embalming!

The 26th NC Infantry Regiment goes to G'burg every year.

I am not a Republican. Usually I vote a split ticket, usually for judges and local representatives.

I think Ron Paul will support Romney now that he will be allowed to speak at the Republican convention.
May be one day i will get to see the US and all those beautiful customs, few years back i used to go to the American consulate to use their library to read on civil war and Abraham Lincoln but thanks to Wikipedia i get more info at the click now! :D

Who did you vote for last time and you support mit romeny? what do you believe in are you a agnostic?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles