Beijing's Raptor Knockoff

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Haha xD. Now DFI got a self proclaimed "Paki" expert and a French "Chini" Expert?! lol

OT: How long will it take to introduce it if its accepted? And why would China need 2 different Fighters? Or are J20 and J21 meant for two different roles, eg. air superiority and ground attack?
Back to your question, J20 and J21 are two fighter projects designed for different roles, in case the former a large high-attitude, high-speed, long range interceptor in the mode of Mig31, and the latter a medium-sized multirole fighter similar to F18, probably geared for the carrier operation.

Both fighters, like PAK-FA, are dubbed as 5th generation fighters, but I really think with the current technological limitations faced by both Russia and China, none of the fighters will even come close to F22 and F35 in terms of sophistication and capabilities. Just like a Hyundai and a Mercedes can both be classified as current generation car models on paper, in reality there may be worlds apart between them. I for one believe you get 100 billion dollar fighter if you invest 100 billion, and if you get a 10 billion dollar fighter if you invest only this much. Russia currently is decades behind the west in technologies, there is zil chance that PAK-FA will turn out to be equal to F22. China has deeper pockets, but is technologically further back. Thus i don't think US in private would worry too much about J20, J21 or for that matter PAK-FA. Only US currently can make a true stealth fighter, China and Russia may be capable to produce fighters that look like steath fighters, and then you have others (AMCA, KDX, etc) that probably will only exist on paper.

Last edited:

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
I think it's just a publicity stunt by PRC to show off that they are on par with the rest of the world. But i dont think the Chinese cheap rip-off's can match Russian standards leave western. They dont have a new-generation Engines only the cheap rip-off of Al-31FN, WS-10 (dont know how many J-10A crashes have been covered up by PLAF) and we all know how good will be the ripped of Russian Avionics and Radars. They are begging Russia to sell them Su-35 and 117S for their J-20 Bomber so it's just some hot air blown by PRC.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18
You make a mistake.

China has not done a knock off.

They made it first!

Check the Chinese media! :rofl:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles