BBC Poll: China, Pakistan, Germany most negative about India

White Clouds

I did a search and came across this reply:
If one indian migrate to one land then he brings never ending family and friends and Germany is not accepting migration. Secondly Indians bring their Ram culture with them and surely never integrate with other nations, Germany doesn't accept that. Most important Indians hate white people in general, so why should they're welcomed to Germany. BTW, Germans don't hate Indians, they simply don't want 1 billion people occupying this small land.
WikiAnswers - Why germans hate indians

This surely does not represent German people as whole. But one must understand from their point of view too, people in West really don't appreciate when we go there and take their jobs. Usually India and China comes on top where jobs etc. are most outsourced. India has been in news a lott due to outsourcing which may have helped create more resentment towards us.

arya

Country flag
we has to try good relation with Germany what is our foreign department is doing

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ich bin ein stolzer Indianer.

proud_hindustani

Country flag
Another, People consider India as a poor country (people who are unaware compare it with Afghan, Pak while talking about economic status.)
It's no one to blame but ourselves.... we need to fix these problems in our country. Poverty, Quality of life, Education standards. Those three will make India a superpower of the world. A power greater than simply having nuclear weapons.

Our government's focus should be EDUCATION. They should put 50% of our GDP on education :p (not literally, but i mean, INCREASE SPENDING IN THIS AREA!!!!)

In order for the world to think differently of India, we need to care about the 50% that lives in a lower class life. Countries like China have no potential in achieving this (communist). If ALL Indians realize this, there should be no reason why we won't be the #1 nation in the world. And no one will think 'negatively' of us.

When someone says INDIA, we should be hearing good about it. Right now, there is no such status for our country. If we prove ourselves, what status will Pakistan have to comment badly on us? The reason they are always talking bad about India is because there IS bad in it. Every Pakistani laughs that Indian poverty is 30%, etc etc.... this is our fault guys. We cannot argue with them. We should create more awareness within our own people. And tell them, it's not for the good of the country. But it's for the betterment of themselves. I hope some of the older members don't get mad, but people in India don't know what luxuries they are missing. The US has all of them. If we could be more educated, automatically India will have these, and every day people don't need to worry about having to simply 'feed' their family 1, or 2 meals a day. (like they are now)

Jai Hind.
India is a vast country and pakistan is a small country in comparison to India, India has high population that makes India's poverty rates upto 30%. Pakistan is a failed state and India is the second fasting booming economic despite having many poor people. India has good quality of education, they have many good universities such as IITs, IIMs and so on. We need to eliminate the povertiness, improve infrastructure.

warriorextreme

Country flag
who cares about others??
its not like they own us..
and what people think does not matter even 1% in political decisions.

lurker

I am surprised someone revived this thread. To be honest, it is kind of boring to talk about the reasons why peopel hate you, especailly westerners are involved. One simple question, why should people please them after being looted again and again by these barbarians?

People, especailly westerners, tend to hate simply because others are different than them. In general, they hate people for no good cause.

They hate people who believe in different religion, who speak different language, who have different skin, who eat different food,etc. In a word, it is the difference which makes who you are that causes their hatred.

Hence, if you want to win their affecttion, you need to make youself one of them, which means giving up your own identity. Are you sure you want to do that?
You're painting with an awfully broad brush for something thats different from person to person.

Your general view is patently false, and funny coming from someone who wears a flag that represents one of the more homogenous societies in the world when it is known that the US is one of the more diverse.

lurker

On an unrelated note Turkey seems to have more negative view of everyone on this poll!

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Most of Germans belive imperialist India is bulling and exploiting inocent Pakistan.
They even termed ISRO as Indians are Stupid Rascal and something about 'O' which I don't remember.
The term 'O' generally refers to a 'sex-toy'. Its is a ring and used to tie or handcuff womens for intercourse. it is also called as 'Ring of O'. The Ring of O is a specially designed ring which has been worn as a distinctive mark among BDSM practitioners, mainly in continental Europe — and especially the German-speaking countries — since the 1990s. Its use is relatively widespread within this subculture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_O

debasree

Country flag
why we indians allways care about the oppinion of outside world about us ,is it the collonial hangover or fondness about white skin ,do not care what the damm they r saying do concentrate what possitive about us and our country and allways keep yours head high.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
why we indians allways care about the oppinion of outside world about us ,is it the collonial hangover or fondness about white skin ,do not care what the damm they r saying do concentrate what possitive about us and our country and allways keep yours head high.
That is exactly what the Chinese appear to be doing much much better than us.

Regards,
Virendra

Nonynon

Viredra, don´t forget this is a BBC poll. You can´t trust a BBC poll. BBC is known for anti Indian bias at times and their polls have a history of failing to match other polls. For example, by BBC polls about 2/3 of the Indians hate Israel while other more reliable polls claim 50%-60% of the Indians support Israel, not to mention the neutral ones.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Viredra, don´t forget this is a BBC poll. You can´t trust a BBC poll. BBC is known for anti Indian bias at times and their polls have a history of failing to match other polls. For example, by BBC polls about 2/3 of the Indians hate Israel while other more reliable polls claim 50%-60% of the Indians support Israel, not to mention the neutral ones.
Majority in India who know about Israel supports Israel, barring - educated illiterates, dumb leftists and radical mullahs (I know eternal allies, yet they will not shy away to chop each other)). As per BBC is the biggest BS happening in International Media, it's more unreliable than India TV, hence you can imagine BBC portrays India in such a manner and kind of portray pakistan better than what it is in reality!

amoy

The truth is one but perception varies. Sometimes it's all about how the "truth" is framed.

A successful PR / psyops is always important. Even in China many think of Israel in a positive light while of Arab world negatively. The public is overwhelmed by stereotypes like "Jews give the world the most Nobel Laureates", or "Jews are the best at commerce", or " Israel/Jew is the one being 'persecuted'", or "Israel performed miracles in anti-Arab wars". Books / movies / internet all contributes to coining such a image.

The same goes for India or China. If the media gives more coverage to achievements of India or China than the dark side her ranking will certainly climb up.

pmaitra

While I have no way to say what majority if Germans feels about India, prima facie, every single German I have met have a very positive attitude about India and Indians.

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
Guys, you are all overanalyzing this!

The simple fact is that Germans are JEALOUS that India's economy has surpassed Germany's in purchasing parity terms.
List of countries by GDP (PPP) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They have a hard time believing that coloured subhumans like Indians can become more economically powerful than superior white Germans. This disbelief has simply translated to jealousy and insecurity.

Instead of wasting our time worrying about what other people think, let us be proud of our own achievments and work for a better India to provoke envy in more nations _=..i2-=
PPP does not matter, it only means the quality of life in India is worse than Germany. Please give emphasis on actual GDP figures and not PPP.

mayfair

However, I think we need to re-evaluate whatever happened in Gujarat.

Narendra Modi wants to industialise Gujarat. To that effect, he needs to build roads and infrastructure. For this, he needs land.

There were many religious buildings, mosques, dargahs, temples that stood in the way. He knew he couldn't demolish them all at once. So he started targeting the Muslims. The Muslims retaliated by burning down a train. Hindus retaliated with even more violence. Now that the dust has settled, Narendra Modi started demolishing temples, till he was stopped by the Sangh Parivar.

He's smart in a way that he managed to keep Hindus and Muslims uniting against the collective destruction of thier respective religious places for the sake of infrastructure. If he did, we would have had another 1857 type Hindu-Muslims unity that was triggered by rumours of pork and beef fat greased cartridges introduced into the British Indian Army (actually East India Company Army). In the end, Gujarat has become one of the most industrialised and prosperous states in India.

My humble evaluation:
Narendra Modi is not a Fundamentalist Muslim.
Narendra Modi is not a Fundamentalist Hindu.
Narendra Modi IS a Fundamentalist Industrialist.

He even has admirers among Muslims, like Abdullakutty of Kerala.
pmaitra, are you taking a piss on everyone in this thread?

You could even the best satirists a run for their money or otherwise you could give the best conspiracy theorists a run for their money. :p

pmaitra

pmaitra, are you taking a piss on everyone in this thread?

You could even the best satirists a run for their money or otherwise you could give the best conspiracy theorists a run for their money. :p
Ha ha ha, well, tell me, you agree that some parts of my post are real facts. The rest, I acknowledge, is speculation.

Honestly, I never meant it to be a satire. I think this is reality. :)

mayfair

Ha ha ha, well, tell me, you agree that some parts of my post are real facts. The rest, I acknowledge, is speculation.

Honestly, I never meant it to be a satire. I think this is reality. :)
Your posts are well balanced and articulate with little or no unsubstantiated stuff. But I admit I was taken aback by some of your claims above. For instance you claim that that the Godhra train burning incident was triggered by demolition of some muslim places of worship. Try as I may, I could not find any information on this..even the most vehement critics say that it was triggered by the Kar sevaks molesting some Muslim women at one of the halts and picking up a few quarrels with the muslim vendors. Over all their consensus is that Modi took advantage of the inflammed situation.

this is the first time I saw a claim that Godhra burning was provoked by demolition of Muslim shrines and that it was done to prevent Hindu-Muslim unity.

pmaitra

Your posts are well balanced and articulate with little or no unsubstantiated stuff. But I admit I was taken aback by some of your claims above. For instance you claim that that the Godhra train burning incident was triggered by demolition of some muslim places of worship. Try as I may, I could not find any information on this..even the most vehement critics say that it was triggered by the Kar sevaks molesting some Muslim women at one of the halts and picking up a few quarrels with the muslim vendors. Over all their consensus is that Modi took advantage of the inflammed situation.

this is the first time I saw a claim that Godhra burning was provoked by demolition of Muslim shrines and that it was done to prevent Hindu-Muslim unity.
Ok, so here are some facts:
  • Demolition of Islamic structures.
  • Demolition of Temples.
  • Many of the above were actually done to facilitate construction of highways.
  • Any leader trying to industrialize his state, would not like to be hindered in any way.
(I am assuming you are ok with these)

A leader could declare he will demolish structures of all religions and he'll be neutral, but will unite all his opponents. The easier way is to actually divide his opponents, make them fight, and then move in with his own agenda.

Now the question is, did he do that? That is speculation by me, not a claim.

Let us assume he did that - so how did he do that? One way would be to spark off a riot. The different commissions set up to investigate the Godhra incident have contradicted each other. So even if I cited any one commission's report, it won't be a sound backup. Thus, my speculation.

References:
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/modi-on-illegal-temple-demolition-drive-vhp-fumes/78125-3.html
http://m.outlookindia.com/story.aspx?sid=4&aid=231244

mayfair

Ok, so here are some facts:
  • Demolition of Islamic structures.
  • Demolition of Temples.
  • Many of the above were actually done to facilitate construction of highways.
  • Any leader trying to industrialize his state, would not like to be hindered in any way.
(I am assuming you are ok with these)

A leader could declare he will demolish structures of all religions and he'll be neutral, but will unite all his opponents. The easier way is to actually divide his opponents, make them fight, and then move in with his own agenda.

Now the question is, did he do that? That is speculation by me, not a claim.

Let us assume he did that - so how did he do that? One way would be to spark off a riot. The different commissions set up to investigate the Godhra incident have contradicted each other. So even if I cited any one commission's report, it won't be a sound backup. Thus, my speculation.

References:
Modi on temple demolition drive, VHP fumes - India News - IBNLive
outlookindia.com
These articles are dated way after the Gujarat riots. The government demolition drive also happened after the riots.

Don't you agree that it sounds a bit implausible that structures demolished afterthe Godhra and post-Godhra incidents would have led to the torching of the trains in Feb 2002 and the subsequent riots?

Modi took over as Gujarat CM in October 2001, the Godhra burning incident happened ion Feb 27, 2002. If indeed the demolition of religious places was the provocation, it should have been done by Modi between October 2001 and Feb 2002, during which time an incoming CM would be busy getting a hang of things, not to mention grapple with the serious post-earthquake situation prevailing in Gujarat at that time. I have not seen any reports about this in the media.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles