Bangladesh : The Next South Asian Power?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ BD does NOT border the poorest parts of India.

And anyway, this is the first time I am hearing of Biharis going to Bangladesh. Beats me why they would do that when they have Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, and hundreds of other tier-II cities in prosperous parts of India. :crazy:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

And anyway, this is the first time I am hearing of Biharis going to Bangladesh. Beats me why they would do that when they have Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, and hundreds of other tier-II cities in prosperous parts of India. :crazy:
Dhaka alone is better than delhi, mumbai, hyderabad combined. :p

Blackwater

I don't know about bangladesh being south asian power but they are much much ahead from pakistan now. They always been in good relation with India. It's just pakistan who is suffering in south Asia. All countries except pakis doing well in the region.

pmaitra

Bangladesh has been left to the dogs neighbouring the poorest parts of India, I have never once met an Indian say that Biharis from India in Bangladesh should go back to Bihar.

How about taking these "Stranded Bihars" back?
Excuse me, but those "Biharis" are not people from the Indian State of Bihar, rather, collaborators who were on the side of the Pakistanis and/or the Razakars. Please update your knowledge about Bangladesh, especially if you are a Bangladeshi. Pakistan was supposed to take these people back into West Pakistan after their defeat in 1972, but they did not. However, don't raise your hopes up; they even refused take PoWs from the Northern Light Infantry post Kargil War. So you have to deal with them.

Moreover, I have serious doubts why Biharis from the Indian State of Bihar would want to go to Bangladesh, because, there are way too many other places within India to go to.

I will add, that many illegal immigrants from Bangladesh are actually living in Delhi and Mumbai. They are here mainly for livelihood. It is counter-intuitive for Biharis to move to Bangladesh when Bangladeshis themselves are sneaking into India.

Last edited:

Miriachi

bangladesh is doing great but cant become south Aian power.
India and Pakistan have the tendency to lead South Asia wait for the next 15 years or so..

Miriachi

I don't know about bangladesh being south asian power but they are much much ahead from pakistan now. They always been in good relation with India. It's just pakistan who is suffering in south Asia. All countries except pakis doing well in the region.
No they are not better than pakistan...

pmaitra

No they are not better than pakistan...
Actually they are, especially when it comes to public life, education, culture, industry and transportation. Pakistan does not even come close.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Dude, let me tell you something about the bolded part. I will be perfectly honest here.

Till 2010, I had a very good opinion of Bangladesh and Bangladeshis. I used to think of it as a nation which was trying hard to get out of the trap of poverty and extremism, and which would take its place as a prosperous and peaceful nation. I used to think of it as the "good part of ex-Pakistan".

My opinion was totally and radically changed when I began interacting with Bangladeshis online. Their hate of India, their continuous attempts to belittle India, their constant refrain of how evil the Hindu Indians are when compared to Muslims and the Ummah, etc. etc. - I have begun to detest them now.

They have a visceral loathing and hate for India. They wish nothing but the worst for India. And these are not isolated instances. Almost 9/10 Bangladeshis I have met online have this attitude. And almost 50% of them openly wish for the N-E to secede from India.

Really, I had no idea. But now I know better.
You are making a big mistake by drawing conclusions about the entire Bangladeshi population based on a highly selective, unrepresentative sample of Bangladeshis (online Bangladeshis at that). Most of them are probably deluded ex-pats and I would wager that many of them are actually Paki kids pretending to be Bangladeshis.

Now, I am not saying that anti-India elements don't exist in Bangladesh; they certainly do. But I highly doubt that 9/10 of Bangladeshis are India-hating morons.

P.S. I myself am no lover of Bangladesh. In fact I personally believe that we should build a reinforced barrier on the Indo-Bangla border and that we should have a shoot-on-sight policy for anyone attempting to cross. But let's not confuse Bangladeshis with Pakis; they are two very different people.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Dude, let me tell you something about the bolded part. I will be perfectly honest here.

Till 2010, I had a very good opinion of Bangladesh and Bangladeshis. I used to think of it as a nation which was trying hard to get out of the trap of poverty and extremism, and which would take its place as a prosperous and peaceful nation. I used to think of it as the "good part of ex-Pakistan".

My opinion was totally and radically changed when I began interacting with Bangladeshis online. Their hate of India, their continuous attempts to belittle India, their constant refrain of how evil the Hindu Indians are when compared to Muslims and the Ummah, etc. etc. - I have begun to detest them now.

They have a visceral loathing and hate for India. They wish nothing but the worst for India. And these are not isolated instances. Almost 9/10 Bangladeshis I have met online have this attitude. And almost 50% of them openly wish for the N-E to secede from India.

Really, I had no idea. But now I know better.
You are making a big mistake by drawing conclusions about the entire Bangladeshi population based on a highly selective, unrepresentative sample of Bangladeshis (online Bangladeshis at that). Most of them are probably deluded ex-pats and I would wager that many of them are actually Paki kids pretending to be Bangladeshis.

Now, I am not saying that anti-India elements don't exist in Bangladesh; they certainly do. But I highly doubt that 9/10 of Bangladeshis are India-hating morons.

P.S. I myself am no lover of Bangladesh. In fact I personally believe that we should build a reinforced barrier on the Indo-Bangla border and that we should have a shoot-on-sight policy for anyone attempting to cross. But let's not confuse Bangladeshis with Pakis; they are two very different people.
Guys, if you get an opportunity, please visit Bangladesh. No, neither is it prosperous nor glitzy; but you will see the hospitality and welcoming nature of Bangladeshis. Yes, they represent Bangladesh and not the internet trolls and Pakistanis masquerading as Bangladeshis.

Regarding religion, yes, there are radicals there, but then when they make trouble, that news is highlighted, not the many other good things. For example, during any Durga Puja celebrations, you will see Muslim youth spontaneously coming forward and performing 'dhunuchi naach' and if you visit the temple of Baba Loknath, a Hindu Saint, you will see that a majority of devotees are Muslims.

These Pakistani internet agents masquerade as Bangladeshis and make hateful comments because their sole intention is to elicit hateful comments out of Indians.

Don't let a minority of Bangladeshis or fake Bangladeshis mould your opinion about the entire country.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
These Pakistani internet agents masquerade as Bangladeshis and make hateful comments because their sole intention is to elicit hateful comments out of Indians.
Agreed.

Pakis will do anything...they will even masquerade as pigs on the battlefield so that we dont shoot them.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I read the posts of Pathogen and this is what I have to say.

You are LUCKY you are not located in a strategic place like Pak. Look at their state. It's being used by big powers like tissue. You are cribbing about all the aid the pakis are getting but then what are they doing with it? Goes into their military program to spread terror.

For your information India gave a one billion dollar aid to Bangladesh only recently.

Bangladesh could benefit a lot from India if it had chosen to ally with us. Instead it chose to be against India. It chose to radicaliz. Bangladesh can earn billions if it gives access to Indian logistics to north east but it dithered for years. Only now there is some movement on it. One of your premier political parties is anti India and uses every opportunity to fan the fires. Why? The sense India gets from Bangladesh is that of being ungrateful to us though we stuck our necks out to help them win independence. Read the recent reports, the US was ready to attack india. There was a lot at stake for India in helping BD. what has India got in return? BD can help itself by helping India.

One, stop radicals and sending terrorists to India,
Two establish trade ties and allow overflight and overland access to your country. If that is done, India will develop infrastructure in your country as it will only help India speed up movement to its own north east.

BD has to stop playing victim to big brother India. You cannot keep coming out with all kinds of issues and then put the onus on India to be large hearted. Your destiny can change in the wake of India's rise. You can become a "Canada" to India. If you want to be a "Cuba" or a "Mexico" the. It's not India to be blamed.

And yes on tr question of strategic location, BD is soon becoming one, BUT it's going to be a detriment. BD has chosen to play the china card against India and that is surely not the way to get aid as china will use it like its using Pakistan. Remember entire BD is in range of Indian short range missiles and fighters. No point inviting and outsider when you can do business with your one time countrymen.

SPIEZ

Country flag
With all this going on, I missed the picture, why didn't India-Bangladesh relations foster? How did Bangladesh turn anti-Indian ? Recent support to China, when did that happen, and to what extent ?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Guys, if you get an opportunity, please visit Bangladesh. No, neither is it prosperous nor glitzy; but you will see the hospitality and welcoming nature of Bangladeshis. Yes, they represent Bangladesh and not the internet trolls and Pakistanis masquerading as Bangladeshis.

Regarding religion, yes, there are radicals there, but then when they make trouble, that news is highlighted, not the many other good things. For example, during any Durga Puja celebrations, you will see Muslim youth spontaneously coming forward and performing 'dhunuchi naach' and if you visit the temple of Baba Loknath, a Hindu Saint, you will see that a majority of devotees are Muslims.

Don't let a minority of Bangladeshis or fake Bangladeshis mould your opinion about the entire country.
I know that it is silly to take internet forums too seriously in general. I also know that it is very unfair to make judgements on a nation based on its netizens. But there are a couple of things here:

There was a time (till mid 2011) when I used to visit the defpk forum very frequently. And I can assure you that the Bangladeshis there were not Pakis masquerading. They were all genuine Bangladeshis. Others can confirm this.

I haven't been to Bangladesh, so I admit that I am basing my opinion only on cyberspace interaction. But then, in cyberspace, 9/10 Bangladeshis are anti-Indian morons.

pmaitra

I know that it is silly to take internet forums too seriously in general. I also know that it is very unfair to make judgements on a nation based on its netizens. But there are a couple of things here:

There was a time (till mid 2011) when I used to visit the defpk forum very frequently. And I can assure you that the Bangladeshis there were not Pakis masquerading. They were all genuine Bangladeshis. Others can confirm this.
I trust you because I have seen those posts as well.

I haven't been to Bangladesh, so I admit that I am basing my opinion only on cyberspace interaction. But then, in cyberspace, 9/10 Bangladeshis are anti-Indian morons.
I haven't but many of my relatives have and we also have relatives who still live there and are doing pretty well. I have seen videos of Durga Puja celebrations in Bangladesh; a very good example of harmony and friendship.

Galaxy

Country flag
Majority of Bangladeshi are anti-Indian. earlier, I didn't had any opinion on BD but eventually i started hating them for various reasons.

I spent lots of time on various forum including pak forum, They are completely anti-Indian and they are genuine Bangladeshi which i can say with full confidence. I think, Out of 50 odd active Bangladeshi member on pak forum alone, only 2 have neutral/pro-India stand. Rest of the Bangladeshi members calls them Hindu who is pro-India and RAW agent to these 2 members. The hatred is very deeply rooted with no chance of reversal. Those idiots abuse India on daily basis by idiotic comparison and raising various other issues which is irrelevant. They also use "Evil Hindu" word to refer India. Most noticeable thing I observed that most of them started saying openly that Once lower Assam and east WB will have Muslim majority, That part will be merged with them. They have this intention and desire. Yes, they don't have capability as of now but clear intention is there. They are pro-China and want India to divide in 20 parts. They even don't accept the problem of Illegal immigrants. Indeed, they will say Indians are in BD. I have hardly seen any Bangladeshi giving positive opinion on India. They all are Anti-Indian and half of them are even Pro-Pakistani and even they hate their own government because they have positive relation with India. I can say this because i spent lots of time replying in those BS allegation. I was tired in replying same kind of question that i almost stopped myself. RAY sir has seen a lot and use to reply to those B@st@rds.

So all i want to say, Majority of Bangladeshis are Anti-Indian and even Anti-Hindu sometime like Pakistan. They are bunch of jokers and day-dreamers who don't need sympathy or help from India. What they need is Arabian sea where their desh will sink. Only ignorant person or those who don't know majority of their opinion on India can say, they are not Anti-Indian. They are big Idiots and real B@st@rds with no hope. Period !!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles