Bangladesh News and Discussions

Discussion in 'Subcontinent & Central Asia' started by A.V., May 17, 2009.

1. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Security cited as Pakistan cancels Bangladesh cricket tour

What an irony!!! :rofl:

2. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Bangladesh is 1000000000 times more peaceful than Pakistan. Infact, there is more news coming out from Pakistan than Sudan!

PCB has no shame...

3. johnee

Exactly! What is stopping India from acting against the anti-India forces inside BD? What???

4. F-14

F-14 Global Defence Moderator Senior Member

Iam speechless Look who is talking :coffee_spray: :rofl:

5. peacecracker

peacecracker Regular Member

6. F-14

but da compared to Pakistan Bangladeash is very quite

7. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

India is yet to act against anti-India forces in BD, Pak, China, Myanmar etc.
    Hope this helps.

8. johnee

I understand that India does not act in general. I was interested in knowing reasons to the same in this specific case...

PS: I know India doesnt act against Pak becoz of Nukes and against China becoz they are superior. But what is stopping India against BD?

9. F-14

i think that the GoI for lack of a better set of words have been missing some spine and [email protected]

10. Singh

if you believe the reasons to not attack Pak are nukes and to not act against China are because they are superior, than why would India act against BD, alone and embarass itself and embolden Pak and China ?

11. johnee

What??? Didnt get your point, plz elaborate.

12. Singh

you believe the reasons to
    not attack Pak are nukes
    not act against China is their superior armed forces
    and looking at above, if India act against BD only, It would be catastrophic for us for a variety of reasons, will lead to India losing face internationally and only make Pak and China less fearful of India's retaliatory, overt and covert capabilities.

13. johnee

Wow! It seems like a lahori logic to me. Right now, even BD is not 'fearful of India's retaliatory, overt and covert capabilities'. If we act against BD then atleast then Paks and Chinese would have some fear. Right now, they have absolutely no fear.

14. leonblack08

leonblack08 Respected Member

bangladesh not democratic...................excuse me from 1990 to 2009 we had 4 elections.Please get your data updated,it would be helpful.

Talking about terrorists,it is not a regional problem anymore but a global one.Do you know how many terrorist outfits are active in India alone?Did you know we also were victims of bomb blasts?Did you know we caught and executed the masterminds?Did you know our law enforcers are continuously carrying out raids to stop militancy?

Of course you don't.That is why you can speak like that.
    BTW the terrorist kingpin,the leader of Jamaetul Mujahedin of Bangladesh had confessed that they got the power gels and other materials to make bombs,from INDIA.

See,terrorists has no border.We can blame you the same way as you are doing.

15. leonblack08

I know Harkatul Jihad and how notorious they are.If you look at their history then you will find CIA behind creation of these demons.Their origin traces back,like many others,to Soviet-Afghan war.

But let me remind you,HUJI-B is not solely Bangladeshi outfit.It is interconnected with their Pakistani and Afghan counterparts.And as far as I know there is a HUJI which is based on Pakistan.

Now that you are constantly blaming BD terrorists,let me remind you that Chittagong hill tracts insurgents were helped by Indian Govt.This is no conspiracy theory but confession from the rebels.I will post the link on the following post.

16. leonblack08

Read this report to get a glimpse of things happening.

Bangladeshi Insurgents Say India Is Supporting Them

Bangladeshi Insurgents Say India Is Supporting Them - The New York Times

Some extracts:

"The spokesman, Bimal Chakma, said the Indian Government had not given as many weapons as were needed. ''At the beginning we got some consideration, but it is very low compared with what we need.''

A spokesman for the rebels said Indian officials began to provide arms and money in 1976, after the assassination in a military coup of Sheik Mujibur Rahman, Bangladesh's first President and a friend of India.

please do read the article.

Because we,the Bangladeshis are democratic there is a peace deal in place.Democracy was one of the prime reason for us to part our ways with Pakistan in 1971.

17. leonblack08

You are right.
    In fact HUJI-B leader Mufti Hannan is in jail for an attempt to assassinate Prime minster Sheikh Hasina when she was in power from 1996-2001.

18. leonblack08

Uhhhh...does the report say Indian terrorists are roaming freely in Bangladesh???

I think you need to understand the difference between arrested and roaming freely.Its a huge difference let me tell you.

And about the second report,if this is true,then didn't RAW start it first by helping CHT insurgents after 1976?

19. leonblack08

To do that Indian Govt. needs to change its policy from being "Big Brother" to "Good Neighbour".

Military action will only result in more enemies for India and nothing else.Jihadi Idiots will find more recruits than ever.

You can start being good neighbour by not building the Tipaimukh dam violating international laws which will turn out to be another Farakka.It won't just hurt Bangladesh but also be environmental disaster for India like Farakka.

20. youngindian

youngindian Senior Member Senior Member

Karim is Dhaka's new envoy to New Delhi

The Hindu News Update Service

Dhaka (IANS): Retired career diplomat Ahmad Tariq Karim has been appointed the new high commissioner of Bangladesh to India.

Brought back from voluntary retirement and a sabbatical in a US university, Karim was the deputy high commissioner in New Delhi in the 1980s.

He had served in the Bangladesh missions in Thailand, Britain, India, Iran and South Africa, The Daily Star newspaper said quoting an official announcement.

Another former India-hand and a career diplomat, Akramul Qader is the new Dhaka envoy to Washington.

Qader, also member of the subcommittee on International Affairs of the Awami League (AL) since 2004, served at different posts in the Netherlands, Luxembourg, India, Myanmar and Pakistan.

For appointment to eastern neighbour Myanmar, Dhaka has chosen Maj Gen Anup Kumar Chakma who is serving as master general of ordnance at the Army Headquarters.