Bangalore inches closer to Delhi in vehicle density

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
@Bangalorean, we can go for electronic toll collection where regular users can install the device in their cars and pass through without stopping.

Electronic toll collection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have seen it working in Taiwan. Very hassle free.
Ah, but more than the technicalities, it is about the willingness of people to pay toll in the core areas of the city. :( The alignment passes through roads like Dr. Rajkumar road, CV Raman road (Yeshwanthpur), Jayamahal road, Nandidurg road... you get the picture. These are densely populated areas with millions of residences all around. The people who live here will question the justification for charging them money each time they leave their homes. Essentially, there is no alternate toll-free route which can be used.

The BBMP is scared that there will be a backlash against toll collection in core areas of the city. It is one thing to charge toll on NICE road or elevated expressways like BETL Tumkur road, etc. - because there are alternative roads available. But here, there will be no alternative roads, so you're essentially leaving no choice for people who don't want to pay toll. All the mopeds, motorcycles, autos, lunas, tempos, matadors, water tankers, etc. will have no choice but to commute on these roads, paying toll. Because this project by definition, does not create any new roads - it just creates a series of underpasses and flyovers so that there is uninterrupted traffic flow through the city...

This is one project that I really want the buggers to revive. I hope there is a massive investment into this project after the next elections. :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

mahesh

Country flag
hahah we need a hebbal's flyover in every major junctions, lol

for god sake we don't need any plans like ready made underpass terminate.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ah, Bangalore woes have reached DFI too.
What to do Saar when frustrations pour over and an outlet is required. Every eve from Mahadevpura to Jayanagar drive is a nightmare. Just on the stretch from Phoenix Market City to KR puram station takes 45 mins or one hour even. Then cross over and the nightmare continues on old madras road. Until one reaches Bypanahalli. Then some relief and the trouble starts on the road leading to the erstwhile Lido theater. Narrow and cratered road.

It can take 2-2.5 hours every eve starting at 8 from Mahadevpura.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ Another option for you, once the signal-free ORR is complete (some portions, such as near Bellandur, are still remaining), you can take the ORR all the way till silkboard, uninterrupted. Then you struggle through the traffic in BTM layout, etc. But once you're past that and take a right turn, you're home. :yey: That might be a batter option too. :)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ Another option for you, once the signal-free ORR is complete (some portions, such as near Bellandur, are still remaining), you can take the ORR all the way till silkboard, uninterrupted. Then you struggle through the traffic in BTM layout, etc. But once you're past that and take a right turn, you're home. :yey: That might be a batter option too. :)
Tried it once. Had a nightmare there as well. Half the work is not complete. Worse is that the latter part of the work as been totally shelved. The ones nearing St Johns.

Edit sorry I took another route that goes via the ORR but gets inside and comes out via St Johns

p2prada

What to do Saar when frustrations pour over and an outlet is required. Every eve from Mahadevpura to Jayanagar drive is a nightmare. Just on the stretch from Phoenix Market City to KR puram station takes 45 mins or one hour even. Then cross over and the nightmare continues on old madras road. Until one reaches Bypanahalli. Then some relief and the trouble starts on the road leading to the erstwhile Lido theater. Narrow and cratered road.

It can take 2-2.5 hours every eve starting at 8 from Mahadevpura.
Every single Bangalorean here agrees sir, look at my location tag. :p

Personally I believe the best route for you would be what Bangalorean suggested. Longer route, but equally longer time before Migrane sets in.

But on your regular OM road route, if you know the inner roads from Byapanhalli to Lido, then the travel will be a little longer but far smoother until you reach MG Road.

Anyway, the ORR road is far smoother than before. There is a jam near the first underpass near New Horizon College, but clears eventually because it is only a bottleneck where the three lane road becomes one lane. There is a jam near ECOSPACE. Once the fly over is built, it should not pose a problem. Bellandur jam is pretty ok, survivable. But it is a little congested. The next jam is only at Silkboard, if you don't take Sarjapur road towards St Johns. So, at least a 20Km stretch will be freed once the two flyovers are completed along with the underpass near New Horizon College.

The last I checked the flyover work is "nearly" completed, so the only major jam would be at New Horizon between KR Puram area and Silkboard.

I don't know last when you traveled on ORR, but I hope this helps a little.

Tolaha

Anyway, the ORR road is far smoother than before. There is a jam near the first underpass near New Horizon College, but clears eventually because it is only a bottleneck where the three lane road becomes one lane. There is a jam near ECOSPACE. Once the fly over is built, it should not pose a problem. Bellandur jam is pretty ok, survivable. But it is a little congested. The next jam is only at Silkboard, if you don't take Sarjapur road towards St Johns. So, at least a 20Km stretch will be freed once the two flyovers are completed along with the underpass near New Horizon College.
I used to travel everyday between ITPL and Bellandur. Finally ended up using Sarjapur road (ITPL -> Varthur -> (via railway crossing) Sarjapur road -> Join Bellandur where ORR meets Sarjapur road)

The distance is more but without the pain of having to use ORR! :yey:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Thanks @p2prada will try next time. And that will be after a couple of weeks. Me outta Bangalore for some time.
@Rage, @ashdoc mates you in Mumbai?

Rage

DFI TEAM
Thanks @p2prada will try next time. And that will be after a couple of weeks. Me outta Bangalore for some time.
@Rage, @ashdoc mates you in Mumbai?
I am, but I might be heading to Manoar, just outside the city in a couple of days.

Why, you in town?

Tolaha

^^Except for the one on "My mother thinks...", :yey:

Wife might think I live that way, Mom :nono:

jalsa

Traffic will flow nicely on ORR once all fly-overs are done but you will get stuck in BTM and there is no way to escape it. BBMP is very slow in construction work, they took two years to build an Underpass in JPNagar.

Tolaha

^^Yep, Bangalore is inching closer to Delhi, that's how bad it is getting to! :pmegusta:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles