Bangalore boy in soup for 'calling' Pak foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar

Oracle

Clean chit for Karnataka tutor who dialled Hina Rabbani

Karnataka tutor, who allegedly dialled Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani, is given a clean chit after investigators find out that he made the call by mistake and had no ill intentions, reports Vicky Nanjappa.

Adding two zeroes to a phone number before making a call landed a tutor from Karnataka in a tangle involving the Intelligence Bureau and the Pakistan government. Never did Ambaresh from Buddini village in Sindhanur taluka of Raichur district imagine that the call would connect to Pakistan's Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar.

Though a section of the media has reported that Ambaresh had engaged in lewd talk with Khar, the officials from the Bengaluru crime branch, who detained and later released him, denied these allegations. The number was dialled by mistake, they said. The call records and other details have been checked, and according to investigators the call did not even get connected.

According to the police, the incident took place two months back when Ambaresh was fidgeting with his phone. He accidentally added two zeroes to a number and to his ill luck the number that was dialled belonged to the Pakistan foreign minister, they said.

The minute the call was made the IB tracked down the number. Also there was a general inquiry from the Pakistan foreign office asking intelligence officials in India about the number and the person who made the call. Following this, the IB tipped off the home ministry and a special team from Delhi was asked to look into this matter.

The case was then handed over to the Karnataka police, who along with the IB carried out a probe. The matter assumed importance as the call was traced to Raichur, which is under the IB radar. Several terrorist modules have been operating from this area, say sources.

Ambaresh got a rude shock when crime branch officials began questioning him over a call he allegedly made to Khar. In fact, he denied even attempting to make the call leave alone passing obscene remarks against the Pakistan foreign minister. "Pranksters could have used my phone to make the call," he claimed.

Initial reports suggested that Ambaresh spoke to Khar for almost 15 minutes and abused her. However, investigations revealed that it was just a missed call and that too the number was dialled by mistake.

It was an honest mistake, the investigators pointed out. Even the local police, who were part of this investigation, informed that Ambaresh did not have any wrong intentions. He appears to be a novice with the cell phone, they said.

Moreover, the message from Pakistan on this matter too was a subtle one. They had not said that Khar was threatened or abused. It was a procedural inquiry about a call from India received by the Pakistan foreign minister from an unknown Indian number.

Although Ambaresh has been given a clean chit by the police, his movements are being closely watched by the IB. He has been asked not to leave his town without prior information. However, this is just mandatory procedure until the air is completely cleared in this case, the police informed.

Rediff

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ So, this clearly shows that our media is an oaf. All kinds of crappy reports came out with wild speculation, shows the level of the media.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Anyway, I haven't heard the phrase "in the soup" used for meaning "in trouble" since my father using it when I was a kid.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ So, this clearly shows that our media is an oaf. All kinds of crappy reports came out with wild speculation, shows the level of the media.
The media got its TRP, DFI got some fun at the expense of Hina.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Initial reports suggested that Ambaresh spoke to Khar for almost 15 minutes and abused her. However, investigations revealed that it was just a missed call and that too the number was dialled by mistake.
:facepalm:

It was an honest mistake, the investigators pointed out. Even the local police, who were part of this investigation, informed that Ambaresh did not have any wrong intentions. He appears to be a novice with the cell phone, they said.
:facepalm::facepalm:

H.A.

oh my god i think everyone should be careful of the number that you dial......who knows you might call up Obama by mistake....don't expect the FBI to leave you like the Karnataka police...

Blackwater

Lubrication is obviously one of the good maintenance methods. It is basic skateboard maintenance that you should know. It can extend the service life of your skateboard. Therefore, if your skateboard is riding rough and your wheels seem to be sticking, it is time for you to lubricate it. And you can refer to some instructions.

WTF is that........................

Last edited by a moderator:

JayATL

I don't get why you guys are insulting a woman with such language - being horny etc. I'm surprised to see such language from some especially- I know we have some immature kids on these forums ( many of them to be honest). But disrespecting a woman w/ demeaning sexual terms is a bridge to far. Joke have fun , but don't get crass. Make fun of lack of intelligence , her naive stances or policies but to make crass sexual jokes...

I would find it uneasy if someone spoke like that about Sonia Gandhi or Hillary Clinton etc. somethings are best to rise above or not to lower yourself into.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't get why you guys are insulting a woman with such language - being horny etc. I'm surprised to see such language from some especially- I know we have some immature kids on these forums ( many of them to be honest). But disrespecting a woman w/ demeaning sexual terms is a bridge to far. Joke have fun , but don't get crass. Make fun of lack of intelligence , her naive stances or policies but to make crass sexual jokes...

I would find it uneasy if someone spoke like that about Sonia Gandhi or Hillary Clinton etc. somethings are best to rise above or not to lower yourself into.
No disrespect intended but a public figure is a fair game for derision.
And being an inexperienced young female Pak minister is like whipped cream on sachertorte. You gotta dish it out.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles