Bahrain expels top US diplomat

pmaitra

Bahrain expels top US diplomat after meeting with main opposition group

US Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights and Labour, Tom Malinowski (C) meeting with Bahrain's Al-Wefaq opposition group leader Sheikh Ali Salman (L) on July 6, 2014.( AFP Photo / AL-Wefaq Media)

[HR][/HR]

No cookie.
No cookie distributor.
No sniper.
No sniper attack.
No assassin.
No assassination attempt.

I do not like the Bahraini regime, but this is a prudent move.

BTW, what's up with these Assistant Secretaries of State trying to poke around everywhere?

Free Karma

Something India needs to pick up. Dont know how it will be in the new administration, but previous ones, allowed any random character all access anywhere.....obviously not very good. Hopefully that can change.

pmaitra

Something India needs to pick up. Dont know how it will be in the new administration, but previous ones, allowed any random character all access anywhere.....obviously not very good. Hopefully that can change.
Well, Modi did a good job of bundling those UN snoozers out of their free accommodation. I think our new PM is doing the right things. Let's hope things don't become bad in future.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This is most extraordinary in Statecraft.

If Malinowsky had come to Bahrain, it was obvious that he did so with the Bahrain Govt's permission and with an approved action of intent.

To hoof out a foreign Minister who is visiting a country is most extraordinary.

Imagine one of our Minister is visiting a country, is turfed out even before he does his turns!

Pakistan PMs and Ministers regularly come to India and meet the Hurriyat scoundrels, but are not hoofed out.

I have not understood the insulte à l'action which is nothing less than diplomatic slap to the US Administration.

What could be the backgrounder to all this?

I am sure it must be very overt what this bloke of a US Minister was doing.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
USA does not want to be seen to be having only Sunni bias.

The beauty is that USA will realise they will get more done that relates to their goals with a Shai bias. The Sunnis might even attack and spit venom on USA face for that. That would show the character and uprightness and capability of Sunni leadership in region which the Shias have not done before.

If one is using the principles of Arab Spring Baharin is the one place on earth that deserves it with a new leadership. India needs to start cultivating a Shia bias in conjunction with USA.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The manner in which the USA is approaching the Middle East one cannot help but feel that there aim is to turn ME on its head and encourage both side and let the Shia and Sunnis battle themselves out and go into extinction.

They have already extended their footprint in erstwhile Comecon countries and in erstwhile USSR areas now independent. They could do it because of Caucasian similarities.

They cannot do so in ME since they are in no way similar ethnically or by religion.

Hence, turn them on their heads.

Or so it appears.

Compersion

Country flag
The USA Islamic policy will be much more aligned to pre-1990s and especially 1970s.

USA needs to show to Shias that there is no Sunni bias. The Iraq War and take-down of Saddam was a very pro-Sunni approach where Saudi Arabia has benefited extremely and is now in a position to even stare-down Iran and has enlightened itself with a Pakistan dog. This was no where near to fruition before and Iran and Shias are right to question why.

Also the Bahrain parameters can relate to the same where Iran did not complete and fulfill to accomplish what was started (perhaps with USA-Sunni bias considerations in mind). I am sure USA will explain how removing Saddam has benefited Iran and Shias. India needs to start cultivating a Shia bias in conjunction with USA.

I really see a big potential in USA-Iran-India relationship. And USA is the master at creating "balance" (for the use of a better term) in the middle-east.

Iran–Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The fascinating part is where USA supported both Iran and Iraq in the Iran and Iraq war even though there was a post-revolutionary Iran (that was anti-USA and also the USA was anti-Iran and such same policies from the outside continue to this day for both). But this time it is not a Shia-Shia (with Sunni leader) confrontation. It would be a Sunni-Shia confrontation. And after this we throw ISIS into the picture.

The advise would be for USA to cultivate the Shia relationship more and more everyday and India needs to join USA in this journey.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I agree. This is something that India needs to pick up. There was this particular criminal case where there was a gross rape or a very brutal murder of a UP woman long before Nirbhaya case came forward. In this particular case, the previous regime had allowed European Commission to monitor the case 'as per human rights and law'.

I cannot remember what that case was but I was livid when I read as to how these people are sucking up to their colonial masters quietly under the human rights disguise.

However, regarding your concern I hardly think that Modi would allow anything of this type. He has only put his friendly foot forward. And those who know the way he rules say that his enmity is as intense as his friendship.

Mark my words, this has caused a personal affront to the United States by a client sheikhdom.

This will have consequences in the country. We might even see a US takeover or a sudden desire for democracy there.

US and democracy have a rather shady relationship....wherever they go, death and destruction follow.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The manner in which the USA is approaching the Middle East one cannot help but feel that there aim is to turn ME on its head and encourage both side and let the Shia and Sunnis battle themselves out and go into extinction.

They have already extended their footprint in erstwhile Comecon countries and in erstwhile USSR areas now independent. They could do it because of Caucasian similarities.

They cannot do so in ME since they are in no way similar ethnically or by religion.

Hence, turn them on their heads.

Or so it appears.
Interesting analysis sir. However, as Indians it would only benefit us, particularly so if this results in Pakistan going up in flames of conflict. Without having the need to waste resources and invade, the enemy because of which our military is tied down in J&K will be taken out by their own members.

However, we will have to take steps to make sure that this doesn't spill over in India.

A shia-sunni war inside India would be chaotic. And with secularist vultures and hyenas in the country, it will be hell breaking loose for our police forces.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles