Aviation giant [Antonov] is nearly grounded in Ukraine

gadeshi

The number of components in the An-178: Ukraine , Other , Russiа
Bggg...
Wet dreams, nothing more.
An-178 has ukrainian body parts (yet, for 1 plane :) ), but everything else is imported starting from engines and avionics and ending with chassis and cockpit glass.
No matter, Russian or the other origin, but nevertheless imported.
And as we all well know, Antonov is bankrupt and technological dead body since November 2016 (officially, in fact from the middle of 2014), when its CEO has stated that conpany cannot build even a single plane without Russian cooperation.
An-132D is not this case, it was a single specimen for Saudi built as a part of TOT agreement.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Bggg...
Wet dreams, nothing more.
An-178 has ukrainian body parts (yet, for 1 plane :) ), but everything else is imported starting from engines and avionics and ending with chassis and cockpit glass.
No matter, Russian or the other origin, but nevertheless imported.
And as we all well know, Antonov is bankrupt and technological dead body since November 2016 (officially, in fact from the middle of 2014), when its CEO has stated that conpany cannot build even a single plane without Russian cooperation.
An-132D is not this case, it was a single specimen for Saudi built as a part of TOT agreement.

You aviaekspert ? If not, don't stink.

gadeshi

A proper matching color that "import substitution diagram" has - brownish gray for desitheria crap and yellow for urina :)

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Buy it. Start negotiation revive it. We may encourage Ambanis or TATAs ro buy the same.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Yes, air force and aviation + AD and space are my cup of tea :)

Do you have a background or did you call an expert? You don't even have a car. I doubt that you understand technology and mechanics. As a library mouse, only know the theory.

gadeshi

Do you have a background or did you call an expert? You don't even have a car. I doubt that you understand technology and mechanics. As a library mouse, only know the theory.
Yes, I have KhAI background on my side.
I have no car cause I have no reason to spend on it giving good preserved Soviet transport infrastructure in Kharkov and wide ability of car rent companies here as well.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Yes, I have KhAI background on my side.
I have no car cause I have no reason to spend on it giving good preserved Soviet transport infrastructure in Kharkov and wide ability of car rent companies here as well.

KhAI many departments. You went into aviation?

gadeshi

KhAI many departments. You went into aviation?
Yes, as a first Hihg.
However you don't necessary to be aviation engineer to make these conclusions.
You have to just have any engineering background, show keen interest to the topic (and have the substant fact information) + self-education and news gathering.

amoy

Maiden flight of new Antonov aircraft

Multipurpose AN-132D intended to transport cargo including bulk, ULDs, and vehicles weighing up to 9.2 tonnes, as well as emergency aid supplies

Antonov’s new multipurpose aircraft, the AN-132D, took to the skies for its maiden flight last week from the company’s airfield in Kyiv, Ukraine.

The AN-132D multipurpose turboprop aircraft is intended for operation on short and medium-haul routes for a variety of tasks, such as the transport of raw materials, mail, and other cargo, including bulk cargo, ULDs, and light self-propelled and non-self-propelled vehicles weighing up to 9.2 tonnes.

The aircraft will also be deployed for emergencies, including civilian and casualty evacuation from disaster areas and airdropping paratroop rescue teams. The prototype of the new aircraft flew for 1 hour and 50 minutes.

The AN-132 programme is being developed following a contract with a customer from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) in close cooperation with King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) and the Тaqnia Aeronautics Company. Leading suppliers of the global aircraft industry are involved in the project.

Akim

Professional
Country flag

gadeshi

Well...
KSA has decided to get some transport aviation TOT from Antonov without putting a single dollar into Antonov itself. Very clever decision regarding the situation in Ukraine.
KSA has got old An-32 with western avionics and engines but without any aerodynamic or aviation materials innovations. This decision is not very clever regarding rather more prominent rivals in sight.
Let's wait and see what'll be next.

Flame Thrower

A layman's silly question...

Is there a possibility for GoI to go and buy Antonov from Ukraine.

Our IAF needs lots of transport aircraft and HAL, NAL can tweak transport aircrafts into passenger airliner.

If there is a possibility, what we could gain from Antonio purchase.

If I am utterly wrong, please forgive my ignorance, I have zero interest in transport aircraft, the only heavy aircraft am interested is AEW&C and ASW.

gadeshi

A layman's silly question...

Is there a possibility for GoI to go and buy Antonov from Ukraine.

Our IAF needs lots of transport aircraft and HAL, NAL can tweak transport aircrafts into passenger airliner.

If there is a possibility, what we could gain from Antonio purchase.

If I am utterly wrong, please forgive my ignorance, I have zero interest in transport aircraft, the only heavy aircraft am interested is AEW&C and ASW.
A very good question my friend! :)

Akim

Professional
Country flag

Akim

Professional
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles