Ambassador
Austrian MP Ewald Stadler to Turkish Ambassador:

Hitler rising again..
Btw, Nice speech :p

Last edited by a moderator:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Amazing Answers.....However, one thing I have to admit, there has to something in the genes.....when Westerners are threatened....they go all out and call enemy as enemy....here we have the same gene pool fooling people calling Hindu Groups as Bigger threat (Read: Low-Intellect rahul baba), if that would have been the case then there won't have been people belonging to Abrahimical faiths thronging and thriving in this country (we know the case of somalia, pakistan, saudi, afghanistan, turkey etc etc) !!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Amazing Answers.....However, one thing I have to admit, there has to something in the genes.....when Westerners are threatened....they go all out and call enemy as enemy....here we have the same gene pool fooling people calling Hindu Groups as Bigger threat (Read: Low-Intellect rahul baba), if that would have been the case then there won't have been people belonging to Abrahimical faiths thronging and thriving in this country (we know the case of somalia, pakistan, saudi, afghanistan, turkey etc etc) !!

History always repeat itself..
Coz we never learned the history well..

niharjhatn

It's both a great compliment to Hinduism and sister religions (Buddhism etc) as well as a great problem, as the strength of Hinduism being able to withstand other religions is often seen as a weakness to be exploited.

Take a look at this.

An extract from Raja's Travels in India by Louis Rousselet.

A French traveller who visited India in 1864 to 1868 was amazed by the great religious tolerance the Hindus showed:

"In what country can one contemplate the spectacle offered before our eyes that day in the square in Benares. Ten paces from all that the Indian holds most sacred in his religion, between the fountain of Wisdom and the idol of Shiva, under a tree, a Protestant missionary stood on a chair, and preached in native language about the Christian religion and the errors of paganism. I heard his screeching voice when he said to the crowd, who stood round him respectfully, 'You are idolatrizers! That stone you worship was chiselled out of a quarry and is as inert, as impotent as the post on the corner of my street.' These words did not cause even a murmur; they listed impassively to the missionary, but they were following his speech because now and again one of them asked a question, which the evangelist tried to answer as best he could. Perhaps the missionary's courage would be more admirable if the Indians' tolerance were not so well known. One of them said to me one day, 'Our work is useless, because one can never convert a man who is so confident of his own faith that he can listen to our attacks against it without becoming upset.'"

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
WOW! I really laud this man's guts to call a spade a spade. If this was in India (which is always happening) So-called minorities will blame of "Hindu fascism", "discrimination", "isolation" and secular-extremists would quickly name followers of Indic faiths as "radical", "intolerant", "primitive" and "terrorist".

If mainstream Hinduism was intolerant, after 1947 and modern independence of India, no other religion would have been there in India.

So those who blame mainstream Hindus or us Buddhists or any other branch of Dhamma as "intolerant", need a reality check.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles