Australian radio host calls India 'shit hole', Ganga a 'junkyard'

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Every country is relatively a shithole. It's human nature to never be satisfied with your environment. I've had friends from the Netherlands tell me their country is a shithole, teabaggers from the US do it all the time.

Calling Ganges a junkyard has two elements to it:
  • Perception: A lot of foreigners perceive dispersing of ashes into the Ganges as "waste dumping", as also bathing in it. That perception is genuinely wrong.
  • A genuine problem: Religious practices aside, Ganges really is a polluted river, with a large chunk of its pollution coming from industries, and villages/towns along its banks (be it washing clothes, dumping real garbage, or just taking a dump).

pmaitra

shut your mouth unless you dont have any logic . don't you think you are equally responsible for that

yes ganga is not in pure condition but that not means we call them **********

ganga is our proud and no one i mean no one has right to say anything if you cant help to improve thing then you should be shut your mouth
What do you mean by 'shut your mouth'? Why should he? Godless-Kafir is entitled to his comments. You post yours and be done with it.

If you really love your country, then at least follow the national motto satyam-eva jayate (सत्यमेव जयते) and grow a spine to admit the uncomfortable truth.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't know when will we learn that everyone has a right to their opinion, and especially opinions which can be offensive.

What this person said was undiplomatic, definetly not PC, and has a lot of truth in it.

The only positive thing that you can do in response to resolve to not pollute or dirty your country.

PS: However, its more satisfying to hurl a few choices abuses and then get back to littering.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
What else can you expect from a nation of Colonial convicts.....most of their ancestors are panty thieves lol..
Fucking Kangaroos are just pissed because they are not important anymore...
When were they ever important?

himanshugoswami

Much as I hate to admit it......but the fact is that this statement is not too far from teh truth. Look at our financial capital Mumbai- I mean, this is one city that should be a showcase, but it has non existent roads, squatters at every corner, garbage piled up along the streets and the city stinks!! the lesser said about some of the smaller towns the better. the only exception are certain parts of cities like Delhi, chandigarh, Hyderabad and Bangalore.

sandeepdg

The comments made by Sandilands is in an offensive and derogatory manner, there's no doubt about that. And I am sure, our desi folks down under will make sure he is not let off so lightly !

But coming back to the issue, there's still some amount of truth in it, but I will put it this way "Indians themselves are turning India into a shithole". So, its not entirely wrong when an outsider comments on the overflowing sewers and filth all around in our cities, rivers etc.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles