Australian radio host calls India 'shit hole', Ganga a 'junkyard'

SHASH2K2

MELBOURNE: An Australian radio show host is facing criticism from the Indian community over his reportedly derogatory comments on India and Hinduism, in which he called river Ganga a 'junkyard'.

A Sydney-based Indian group is seeking an apology from the radio station following a report that host Kyle Sandilands made anti-India comments on his "Kyle and Jacky O" show.

According to a report by a local ethnic TV programme 'Desi Kangaroos', Sandilands said "India is a shit hole" and went further to describe river Ganga as a 'junkyard'.

The Council of Indian Australians (CIA) lashed out on Sandilands for the "insulting" remarks, and has said it would take up the issue with Australia's media regulatory body if it was not amicably resolved.

"Sandilands made insulting comments against India and ridiculed River Ganges which is a sacred river in Hinduism. His ridicule involved some of the practices of the followers of Hinduism," CIA president Yadu Singh said in an official statement.

Singh said he found Kyle's comments "insensitive, insulting, hurtful and unwarranted" and that he was upset and angered by them.

"Indian Australian community is a peaceful and tolerant community... It does not attack any nation, national group or religious practices of any group. It is obviously not happy when others attack them or their belief system," he said.

The body has written to his radio station, demanding an apology from it and from Sandilands.

It said it will pursue the matter and will seek a satisfactory resolution, failing which the matter will be pursued with Australian Communication & Media Authority (ACMA).

Oracle

Some of his previous meritorious certificates:

In July 2004, Sandilands and Henderson were involved in an on-air verbal altercation with Jay Whalley, lead singer of rock band Frenzal Rhomb over an incident which occurred at the bassinthegrass music festival in Darwin. Henderson reportedly arrived to MC the concert nine hours late and then attempted to speak with the audience during the band's already dramatically reduced set time. Frenzal Rhomb played music over Jackie O so she could not be heard on stage. In a subsequent phone conversation with Whalley, broadcast on the Kyle and Jackie O Show, Whalley alleged that Jackie O and Sandilands threatened Frenzal Rhomb's label to have Frenzal Rhomb's songs banned from Austereo radio stations.[18] As a result of the incident Sandilands' old friend and manager Ryan Wellington was removed as the producer of the Kyle and Jackie O Show by the Austereo network.

In July and August 2005, Sandilands was accused of "cooking the charts" by giving airplay to Ooh Aah (a song by his then girlfriend, Tamara Jaber). The allegations were made on TV current affairs program Today Tonight. In 2006 Sandilands won a defamation suit, with the court ruling that Today Tonight had defamed the radio host.

On 4 August 2006, Sandilands used his radio program to call Fiona Connolly, a columnist from Sydney's Daily Telegraph, "fat" and a "liar". After calling her the "chick that I hate at Sydney Confidential" he also stated he "... would hire a private investigator to film her and her family then I'm going to put it on a website and I'm going to show everyone what members of her family do that are dodgy ..."[20] He has since been banned by Austereo management from mentioning Connolly on air.

In March 2007, Sandilands made an on-air reference to a police officer who had issued him a speeding ticket, referring to the officer as an "arsehole" and to the Highway Patrol as "scum". This was reported on the media watchdog show Media Watch as 'Kyle Bile'.
On 2 July 2007, Sandilands and Jackie O were involved in a on-air clash with Australian music personality Molly Meldrum, who described Sandilands as "arrogant", "fat" and "talentless".[22]

On 20 August 2007, Media Watch examined Sandilands' on-air comments asserting that smoking was not as harmful to people as many institutions would lead people to believe and that the statistics presented by these institutions are falsified. These comments led to the Cancer Institute of New South Wales pulling their "13-QUIT" advertisements off the network.[23] Media Watch further alleged that on 20 July 2009 Jackie O and Sandilands 'cruelly' and 'sadistically' taunted a refugee from Pol Pot's Cambodia and meted out similar treatment to the woman's 19 year-old niece whilst on-air.[24]

Source

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
He is absolutely right, i would actually rephrase it and say, Ganges is a shit hole and India is a junkyard.

I cant believe the crap and shit that adorns the river on every village you pass by along its banks. Huge mounds of plastic covers and foam, i wanted to puke at t he filth. One swami who was fasting in Rishikaish died because of his fast on to death and his only goal and protest was to keep the Gangha clean.

Kill the deaf and blind congress party and India will become alright, i am not kidding. Congress party is full self-serving headless chickens.

arya

Country flag
He is absolutely right, i would actually rephrase it and say, Ganges is a shit hole and India is a junkyard.

I cant believe the crap and shit that adorns the river on every village you pass by along its banks. Huge mounds of plastic covers and foam, i wanted to puke at t he filth. One swami who was fasting in Rishikaish died because of his fast on to death and his only goal and protest was to keep the Gangha clean.

Kill the deaf and blind congress party and India will become alright, i am not kidding. Congress party is full self-serving headless chickens.
shut your mouth unless you dont have any logic . don't you think you are equally responsible for that

yes ganga is not in pure condition but that not means we call them **********

ganga is our proud and no one i mean no one has right to say anything if you cant help to improve thing then you should be shut your mouth

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
shut your mouth unless you dont have any logic . don't you think you are equally responsible for that

yes ganga is not in pure condition but that not means we call them **********

ganga is our proud and no one i mean no one has right to say anything if you cant help to improve thing then you should be shut your mouth
How will you change anything if you shut your mouth? Only people who are afraid to face the truth cant handle it when it is shown to them. That is exactly how you are. Your no one to ask anyone to shut up, either you put up or get out. This is a place for discussion not inside of your head where you want to run away from reality.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
The Congress Party only contains a fraction of the corrupt people in India. Quite frankly, if you kill all of India's corrupt people you won't have many people left. The goal should be to reform society and make it active in influencing political and social change.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
The Congress Party only contains a fraction of the corrupt people in India. Quite frankly, if you kill all of India's corrupt people you won't have many people left. The goal should be to reform society and make it active in influencing political and social change.
Congress prevents all this, they want poverty as an vote base, or else why cant they get rid of it in 60years! Why did not they contain the population.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Congress prevents all this, they want poverty as an vote base, or else why cant they get rid of it in 60years! Why did not they contain the population.
As bad as the Congress Party may be, to their credit they did not make India an authoritarian state, which means no Indian is forced to follow a certain line of thought.

I think Indians as a whole are starting to demand more and more from politicians and the politicos will have to either put up or get out. The caste/regionalist mode of voting still exists, but is starting to become more development and agenda-oriented. The only way to improve India's condition is for all Indians to become more active and demanding.

Blackwater

I believe I can summarize the whole issue in the next few words: Truth Hurts
Well i agree with second part Ganga is really in very bad shape,i would not use junkyard coz it has sacred value to us. Despite billion of rupees were released by GOVT to clean it but not spend on it.. As far as first statement he will see that all the world will come to this shit hole in future..

binayak95

Country flag
As bad as the Congress Party may be, to their credit they did not make India an authoritarian state, which means no Indian is forced to follow a certain line of thought.
Did not make India an authoritarian state. tell that to the people who suffered under Indira Gandhi's Emergency. She imposed the emergency to gain absolute power and had it not been the strength of our people and our media than she might as well have succeeded.

SHASH2K2

I think Indians as a whole are starting to demand more and more from politicians and the politicos will have to either put up or get out. The caste/regionalist mode of voting still exists, but is starting to become more development and agenda-oriented. The only way to improve India's condition is for all Indians to become more active and demanding.
I know its out of topic but when you can fool and divide people on basis of caste, religion , reservations and manage to be in power for almost 50 years in last 60 years why would you need authoritarian state to be in power like CCP ?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Did not make India an authoritarian state. tell that to the people who suffered under Indira Gandhi's Emergency. She imposed the emergency to gain absolute power and had it not been the strength of our people and our media than she might as well have succeeded.
Well many here advocate authoritarian regime for India to progress. Even if that means violation of all freedom.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
though this chap might not be too much off the mark, but seriously does it make any .......... any difference what he or others like him have to say? seriously? we've got losers on our western talk much worse, and?

guess what and as mahatma gandhi said,"first they will ignore you, then they will laugh at you, then they will fight you, and then we win!"

let this chap have a good laugh, atleast there was something he could take from us even after we being shit holes and junk yards.

we give too much importance and time to people like him and make them extra important, which they are not.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

That had nothing to do with congress, Indian culture in general was not going to go against established government form unless it gives them to much trouble. Not to mention Indras attempt at dictatorship was not foiled by the congress but other democratic forces in the Nation.

Congress party is solely responsible for this degeneration, we need to control the population and all that talk of demographic dividend is a lie, it is going to keep poverty in India chronically.

arya

Country flag
How will you change anything if you shut your mouth? Only people who are afraid to face the truth cant handle it when it is shown to them. That is exactly how you are. Your no one to ask anyone to shut up, either you put up or get out. This is a place for discussion not inside of your head where you want to run away from reality.
reality what you know about reality

you can call god or nature earth is equall for every one so why we are destroying name on devlopment where is court why not the same punishment for killing animal as killing for human

earth ,air,river is for everyone but we human think our copyright on them

dont you think you are equall responsible for the ganga condition

well at last some day nature will take back from human .

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
reality what you know about reality

you can call god or nature earth is equall for every one so why we are destroying name on devlopment where is court why not the same punishment for killing animal as killing for human

earth ,air,river is for everyone but we human think our copyright on them

dont you think you are equall responsible for the ganga condition

well at last some day nature will take back from human .
Yes i and everyone in this country are responsible but who are you to say i should shut up if i try to point to the elephant in the room? We have to talk and raise our voice, put pressure on the politicians we elect how else can it be done. A yogi died trying to get attention to the issue and congress party did not even hear him!! Congress party is fatal to India.

I agree we humans think we own this planet but this is how it is, this is the reality we inherited and all we can do is to try and free ourself from this.

Killing animals for food is not wrong, one life has to live over another that is how nature works. If you die something will eat you and that is not wrong, if i die everything is welcome to eat me.

Last edited:

Oracle

Because my forefathers, and your forefathers, and everyone's forefathers were busy breeding like rats.

Never ask a stupid question!

Oracle

It does not matter guys. All that ignorant pussies do is squirt.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Well many here advocate authoritarian regime for India to progress. Even if that means violation of all freedom.
My dear man, authoritarianism needs to have some sanity as well. This means that the government has to be semi-authoritarian with a conscience. It may not be a monk like or sage like government but it would be something that is responsible in genuine sense and not just announces big budgets of poverty removal and infrastructure programs whose funds are siphoned off.

Now I would prefer an authoritarian government if they are like the Singaporean government (Their democracy is as much relevant as US being a non-warring nation :lol:) who are authoritarian but at least responsible for development, peace and quality of life in their country. Who wouldn't want this? I am sure that most Indians would prefer this rather than having the freedom to piss and spit on the road and dirty public property and call it a democracy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles