Australian Muslims Protest against Banning 'Terrorism'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorcerer

Country flag
Muslims groups in Australia are protesting against the government's new anti-terror law, saying it may affect Islam and the teaching of the Quran, the holy book.

According to Sydney Morning Herald, Islamic leaders said a Muslim cleric preaching from a certain passage of the Quran, for example, might be caught in the broad net of the new anti-terror law.

The Grand Mufti of Australia, Ibrahim Abu Mohammad, and the Australian National Imams Council have called for the removal of "advocating terrorism" offence from the 'Foreign Fighters Bill', which is currently being considered by parliament.

This comes on a day when Australian PM Tony Abbott backed measures to round up terrorist groups that incite religious hatred, including the radical Islamic group Hizb ut-Tahrir.

A council representing 250 imams has said a cleric could fall foul of the new rule even if he simply "advocated the duty of a Muslim to defend his land".

"We are therefore concerned that the proposal can have serious implications on free speech and will have a chilling effect on legitimate religious and political debate," the council said in a formal submission to the Parliamentary joint Committee on Intelligence and Security.

Members of the Muslim Legal Network also appeared before the committee on Wednesday saying the laws – which were introduced by Attorney-General George Brandis – tended to target mainstream Muslims instead of extremist organisations.

Even if a religious community referred back to "stories in the Quran, Bible and Torah in their sermons," they could be charged with a terror-related offence, the Muslim legal Network said, the SMH has noted.

Australian Muslims Protest against Banning 'Terrorism'; Say Anti-Terror Law will Hurt Islam

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Where is the Aussi old man who loves "moslems" of his country?

ladder

Country flag
Where is the Aussi old man who loves "moslems" of his country?
That is just a small concession you know...............probably done for economic reasons. Remember? Arabic tea is not an attempt to make me an Arab.:lol:

sorcerer

Country flag
@Redhawk
What is Australians perception about this protest apart from whats on the media?

Last edited by a moderator:

Redhawk

@sorcerer

Most Australians are tired of the incessant and often unreasonable demands put upon all tiers of government in this country by a religious minority whose members are loudly vocal and who also commit a level of crime far out of proportion to their numbers. There are many law-abiding Moslems who just want to get on with their lives, but there is a significantly large proportion that are militant or radicalised Moslems or sympathetic to militant or radical Islam. And Australians' attitudes to Moslems and Islam generally are hardening. There would be and is little sympathy in the wider Australian community to Moslem protests that anti-terrorism laws restrict their teaching of the Koran. Our attitude is hard luck, Charlie! You live in our country, you play by our rules. And any concessions made by any tier of Australian government or by any organ of government to Moslems on the basis of their religion are rightly condemned as moral cowardice and weakness by the majority of Australians. You live in Australia you adopt our people's way of life; if not, go back from whence you came. I really don't know why so many Moslems bother to come to our country just to live as they would live in the impoverished, failed states from whence they came. We don't have problems with unreasonable demands from any other religious groups, just Moslems. Buddhism, for example, and as I have said in other posts, is the fastest-growing non-Western religion in Australia and there are many Buddhists from all over Asia in Australia, and we get not a peep from Buddhists. On the contrary, Buddhist charitable organisations are out helping homeless people and giving talks in high schools to students on the benefits of compassion. It is a world-wide phenomenon everywhere Moslems settle that they demand more and more and incur the resentment, if not the hatred, of the host population. What is wrong with them? We all can't be wrong?

dastan

@sorcerer

Most Australians are tired of the incessant and often unreasonable demands put upon all tiers of government in this country by a religious minority whose members are loudly vocal and who also commit a level of crime far out of proportion to their numbers. There are many law-abiding Moslems who just want to get on with their lives, but there is a significantly large proportion that are militant or radicalised Moslems or sympathetic to militant or radical Islam. And Australians' attitudes to Moslems and Islam generally are hardening. There would be and is little sympathy in the wider Australian community to Moslem protests that anti-terrorism laws restrict their teaching of the Koran. Our attitude is hard luck, Charlie! You live in our country, you play by our rules. And any concessions made by any tier of Australian government or by any organ of government to Moslems on the basis of their religion are rightly condemned as moral cowardice and weakness by the majority of Australians. You live in Australia you adopt our people's way of life; if not, go back from whence you came. I really don't know why so many Moslems bother to come to our country just to live as they would live in the impoverished, failed states from whence they came. We don't have problems with unreasonable demands from any other religious groups, just Moslems. Buddhism, for example, and as I have said in other posts, is the fastest-growing non-Western religion in Australia and there are many Buddhists from all over Asia in Australia, and we get not a peep from Buddhists. On the contrary, Buddhist charitable organisations are out helping homeless people and giving talks in high schools to students on the benefits of compassion. It is a world-wide phenomenon everywhere Moslems settle that they demand more and more and incur the resentment, if not the hatred, of the host population. What is wrong with them? We all can't be wrong?
And when people like you start questioning this phenomenon they call you 'islamophobe' . Here in India on other hands when we question double standards of liberals we become 'communals'

dastan

@sorcerer

And when people like you start questioning this phenomenon they call you 'islamophobe' . Here in India on other hand when we question double standards of liberals we become 'communals'

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How can an anti-terror law, saying it may affect Islam and the teaching of the Quran, the holy book?

An anti terror law is against Terrorism.

I wonder which religious book advocates Terrorism.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The manner in which the first chap was avoiding the direct question on his own pamphlet opinions does clearly indicate that they want to exploit the freedom they have in secular nations and yet are not ready to condemn the stifling and atrocities in the Muslim nations.

The second one is totally daft and a great obfuscater and does not answer any questions.

I am afraid these type of duplicitous obfuscation is what makes one feel that Muslims are not serious in addressing the issues that is making Islam appear to be dangerous and refuses to see what is happening right in front of the eyes.

Redhawk

This is why the Moslem community in Australia is considered by wider Australian society as a foreign community on Australian soil. Moslems segregate themselves from the rest of society, fair enough, but then they try to impose their beliefs and practices on that wider society to which they are a foreign presence. And it is at this point that there is friction. Many Moslems, quite possibly most, see themselves as a foreign element within Australia, and they are right. Moslem immigration to Australia was a mistake.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This is why the Moslem community in Australia is considered by wider Australian society as a foreign community on Australian soil. Moslems segregate themselves from the rest of society, fair enough, but then they try to impose their beliefs and practices on that wider society to which they are a foreign presence. And it is at this point that there is friction. Many Moslems, quite possibly most, see themselves as a foreign element within Australia, and they are right. Moslem immigration to Australia was a mistake.
I presume the same is the feeling in India (even though they are not foreign) and maybe around the world.

The imposition and demand of special privileges is what upsets, when neither the of any other majority or minority community demand or make a song and a dance over rights and privileges.

And what is worse, is that rightfully they feared the majority would swamp the Muslims and so demanded their own Country. And they got their country - Pakistan.

India was secular. So, let all have the same rights and a level playing field. Why again raise the Muslim requirement of being exclusive? India is now a country of all with equality.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
So the man is technically saying that his religion teaches to use terror against non-believers?

This guy is axing his own foot and that of his community members.

According to Sydney Morning Herald, Islamic leaders said a Muslim cleric preaching from a certain passage of the Quran, for example, might be caught in the broad net of the new anti-terror law.

This line says it all.

Last edited:

AnantS

Country flag
@sorcerer

<Snip>..... Moslems settle that they demand more and more and incur the resentment, if not the hatred, of the host population. What is wrong with them? We all can't be wrong?
Ironically makes me remember Arab and his Camel Story.

Where Arab is the host country/people. Camel ofcourse is......

Redhawk

I don't think Muslims or immigrants in general purposely segregate themselves. They are forced to do that by the local population .... imagine this, if the local population is unwelcoming, bigoted, then immigrants may keep to themselves out of fear. This happened even with Jews in Europe many centuries ago ... which is why Jews formed ghettos. Jews were afraid, so they had no option but to keep to themselves... doesn't mean they hated integration or whatever.

So before blaming immigrants, I think westerners should first of all ask themselves why they are so hostile and narrow-minded..... they have no qualms invading other countries but make a hue and cry about immigrants.
We don't blame immigrants. We don't have a problem with people from Europe We don't have a problem with people from East Asia. We don't have a problem with people from South Asia that are not Moslem, and even then we don't have a great problem with many Moslems from South Asia, only those who are radicalised. We do have a massive problem with Arab Moslems, most of whom are radicalised and to a greater or lesser degree militant. So to say we have a problem with immigrants is quite wrong and far too much of a generalisation. We do have a problem with some immigrants, namely Arab Moslems.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
We don't blame immigrants. We don't have a problem with people from Europe We don't have a problem with people from East Asia. We don't have a problem with people from South Asia that are not Moslem, and even then we don't have a great problem with many Moslems from South Asia, only those who are radicalised. We do have a massive problem with Arab Moslems, most of whom are radicalised and to a greater or lesser degree militant. So to say with have a problem with immigrants is quite wrong and far too much of a generalisation. We do have a problem with some immigrants.
In case you didn't know, the person you are replying to is a Paki false-flagger.Just FYI.

I'd say you have great issues with North African, Arab and Paki Muslims. Less so with Muslims from Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.

sorcerer

Country flag
, I think westerners should first of all ask themselves why they are so hostile and narrow-minded..... they have no qualms invading other countries but make a hue and cry about immigrants.
Invasion happens when the radicalised immigrants blow themselves up in foreign soil(Calling Card) by getting training from Pakistan and its associates. Naturally countries get together and try to get to the root of the issue.
Basically, terrorists and apologists like you are the one who INVITES invasion to different different countries.
Naturally such countries never have qualms abotu invasion, cuz they asked for it.

They make hue and cry because the local population is trying to protect their way of life and culture. The immigrant culture is alien to them. Local populace have no obligation to follow immigrants rule and cultures but its the otherway around if an immigrant is seeking asylum in a foreign land.

Redhawk

In case you didn't know, the person you are replying to is a Paki false-flagger.Just FYI.

I'd say you have great issues with North African, Arab and Paki Muslims. Less so with Muslims from Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.
Yes, Bangalorean, I know genius's history. But even correcting his more sweeping generalisations is a good opportunity to put information out there. If genius hadn't posted I wouldn't have posted and then you wouldn't have posted and what you have posted, quoted above, I agree with. Muslims are of varying nationalities and temperaments and the ones you note that are North African, Arab, and Pakistani are the problems. But I will qualify this by saying that many of the Pakistanis, quite possibly most, are the more educated Pakistanis and they are not a problem. North Africans, Somalians, etc. are from lawless failed countries and they just don't adjust to life in a modern Western society and behave like baboons. Arabs are arrogant, unreasonably demanding, hostile to anyone who is not Arab Muslim, and have an enormous sense of entitlement, many see themselves at war with the West while receiving social-welfare payments from the Australian government. Many of them that have joined ISIS have hardly worked a day in their life, they see work as beneath them, and have either been supported by their families or the state. Islam is generally not a religion that appeals to the best and brightest, with some exceptions. Muslims are disproportionately represented among those arrested, charged, tried, and convicted of crime, much of it criminal violence. More briefly, the proportion of convicted criminals that are Muslims is high. There are also Arab Muslim criminal organisations operating in Australia, much of whose money from the proceeds of crime go to organisations such as ISIS.

Redhawk

In other words, Muslims are not a problem. Bad behavior is a problem. And bad behavior is a universal human problem, isn't it?
You could look at it that way. But a disproportionately large proportion of the people, especially adult males, that behave badly are Muslims, born overseas quite often. Muslims commit much crime. In proportion to the size of the Australian Muslim community, Muslims commit more crime than any other religious or ethnic community. People are stabbed and robbed by Somalis at railway stations, Lebanese Arabs rape repeatedly, the list goes on and it is long. Islam seems to the common denominator of all this criminal behaviour.

sorcerer

Country flag
I found the following email on the internet..

Frustrating e-mail fwd from my Mother: Islam [Archive] - Straight Dope Message Board

After a bit of a blow up with my father last week over religion, my mother sent the following e-mail to me:

" A Holocaust Survivor's View on Fanatic IslamThis is one of the best explanations of the Muslim terrorist situation I have read. His references to past history are accurate and clear. Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read. The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanay, a well-known and well respected psychiatrist. A Holocaust Survivor's View on Islam

A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism. 'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen.Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything.I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march... It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous.Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across Southeast Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget

Rwanda

, which collapsed into butchery? Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points:

Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.

Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany

, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles