Australian military 'to recruit British troops laid-off in UK cuts'

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The Royal Australian Navy has sent a delegation to Britain to investigate the plan, which would look to recruit some of the 5,000 Royal Navy staff due to lose their jobs over the next four years. The Australian navy would directly contact redundant sailors and offer them "career transition options".

Australia's Chief of Navy, Vice Admiral Ray Griggs, promised his British counterpart, First Sea Lord Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope, that Australia will not recruit personnel needed by the British. But Royal Navy officers have told the Australians they were "very comfortable" with the plan.
Australian military 'to recruit British troops laid-off in UK cuts' - Telegraph

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Australia badly requires to have a large defence force given the international compulsions.

It is ideal to have trained soldiers from the Mother country and they British chaps will be more than willing to leave Britain giving that it is sinking economically and the race mix is leaving them nearly strangers in their own homes!

It will also help Australia's now defunct 'White Australia' policy in a covert way!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Do many Brits speak Australian? :-D

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This is a practical decision by the Australian military. Just like any profession, the military gets better with experience. And the Brits are some of the most experienced military men out there.

niharjhatn

Scraping the bottom of the barrel I see.

Well, you would need to when there are a million things in your backyard that can kill you and there is always the threat of a dingo carrying away your baby :D

niharjhatn

British people sound constipated.
Australians sound sexy.
Really? You think so?

Are you aware of Indian-American comedian Arj Barker (aka Arjan Singh) and his views on the Aussie accent?

Absolutely hilarious by one of my favourite comedians :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I think this action is without precedent in the world! Or is it - at least I have not heard anything like this in the past.

No matter what, I think soldiers completely changing their allegiance and mother nation is a big thing.

niharjhatn

I think this action is without precedent in the world! Or is it - at least I have not heard anything like this in the past.

No matter what, I think soldiers completely changing their allegiance and mother nation is a big thing.
Ah but the mother nation is the same after all... at least for the white soldiers

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles