Australia snubs India, refuses to lift ban on Uranium sale

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
slowly but steadily they will realize the fact that love or hate India you cant live without India .
Same goes for China and since Chinese are touching every milestone one step ahead of us, the aussie policies favor China one stop ahead of bending for us finally. China is perhaps the largest and most desperate buyer of natural resources all over, specially in Africa and Australia.

SHASH2K2

Same goes for China and since Chinese are touching every milestone one step ahead of us, the aussie policies favor China one stop ahead of bending for us finally. China is perhaps the largest and most desperate buyer of natural resources all over, specially in Africa and Australia.
For a good businessman loss of even single opportunity is a loss. Indian economy and its size in future is a big enough loss for any country. Chinese may be bigger than us but it doesn't mean that they are only buyer that Australia needs.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Two western countries that bug me no end are Sweden and Australia. Sweden for pretending they are a nuteral country while selling weapons to both countries and supporting NATO covertly as the Wikeleaks proved it. Australia for having big mouth to compensate its mostly sand nation of nothing!!

pmaitra

^^ Well said. You can also add Finland to this list for their 'strict adherence to human rights'. LOL. If you have noticed, tinier the country, larger is its growl.

JayATL

This is not about anyone influencing them- they don't discriminate on this issue. all folks who get their uranium have signed the NPT agreement . People need to know that this a platform that they run on during elections. it would be a huge deal w/ voters if they go back on one of their fundamental party principles. Let me think of an example: Say the BJP's platform is that they will NEVER surrender Kashmir, period and then go and surrender it. Then they will face the wrath of their voters and lose seats heavily.

BTW- I need some clarification on NPT and India. I been told on this very thread signing the NPT does not mean we can't have nuclear weapons. And since we've never proliferate or want to in the future-- then why not sign it? I know there has to be some element of the NPT I'm missing out on and is important to India...what is it?

Last edited:

pmaitra

This is not about anyone influencing them- they don't discriminate on this issue. all folks who get their uranium have signed the NPT agreement .
Sir, while I see what you are saying, I would beg to differ here. NPT, in itself, is discriminatory. So to have a policy based on NPT shall always be discriminatory.

Let me think of an example: Say the BJP's platform is that they will NEVER surrender Kashmir, period and then go and surrender it. Then they will face the wrath of their voters and lost seats heavily.
True.

BTW- I need some clarification on NPT and India. I been told on this very thread signing the NPT does not mean we can't have nuclear weapons. And since we've never been proliferates or want to be in the future-- then why not sign it? I know there has to be some element of the NPT I'm missing out on and is important to India...what is it?
Communist Party of China would like India to sign the NPT. Anybody who supports signing NPT risks being branded anti-national or Chinese Agent. Even Prakash Karat, who vehemently opposed signing the NPT was branded a Chinese Agent. Think of one that supports signing it.

IMHO, India should never sign the NPT because it is discriminatory.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles