Attention Chinese Members

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Dear Chinese members,

All those who have been with us for quite sometime and those who are viewing us as guests and those who will become members in the future.

First up thanks for coming to DFI.

Let me tell you all that DFI is a forum which is a Pro India forum as it should be expected being an Indian owned forum with a primary objective of discussing topics related to India.

Since China is our neighbor and an adversarial history, it forms part of a focus as evident from the separate section that we have for China.

What we are also aware of is the presence of 50 cent posters whose obvious agenda is to post on behalf of the CCP. But we also have posters like Amoy and Kickok who are more "neutral" and balanced whole being nationalist Chinese.

In the view of this, I take this opportunity to welcome once again all Chinese members but also take this opportunity to lay down the rules as well.

1) You are free to showcase your country's achievements ( we give credit where it is due) in terms of military, technology, scientific etc.

2) you are free to discuss Geo Politcs wrt India and around the world. This none of the Chinese posters ever do. Discuss your relations with the rest of the world and the latest developments and made DFI as one of your platforms to discuss such topics. Which in turn gives us the feeling that only 50 cent propagandists come to the forum.

3) You WILL NOT troll, indulge in name calling and do all that has been done in the past. Indians are aware of the problems they face and don't need the Chinese to remind.

4) You WILL NOT speak about Indian armed forces in any negative manner as we hold our armed forces in high regard and will not tolerate anything against it. We Indians will talk about it as its our internal matter.
You can claim bias but then we are an Indian forum.

DFI wishes to give you your space to but the rules of the forum have to be followed.

I also request the Indian members to stop the usual stuff and conduct themselves in a dignified manner so that any discussion with the Chinese members is professional and becoming of us Indians.

DFI will be strict in moderation from here on to deal with any violation of forum rules as well as those stated above.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Yusuf, thanks for this and I sure that with ground rules laid down by you, we can expect more Chinese members to contribute to DFI. we have a lot to learn from China, good and bad. I have been travelling in China and ROC for a few days and can second it with my personal experience.

With contribution from the Chinese members, DFI will only be enriched.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I have enjoyed many excellent photos in DFI from Chinese members.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
and i have enjoyed the trolls by chinese membera. please dont take it away from me:cry:. lets make this forum moore democratic for them;)

nimo_cn

Country flag
What we are also aware of is the presence of 50 cent posters whose obvious agenda is to post on behalf of the CCP. But we also have posters like Amoy and Kickok who are more "neutral" and balanced whole being nationalist Chinese.
By picking out Amoy and Kickok, does that mean the rest of us are offcially deemed 50-centers by DFI?

I hope the administer board offer an confirmative answer to that.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
By picking out Amoy and Kickok, does that mean the rest of us are offcially deemed 50-centers by DFI?

no they just gave credit where it is due. dont imagine stuff

and regarding the 50center thibgy-ask yourself what you are? If you are not one,then what prob you have with the post of Yusuf ji?:noidea:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Amoy and Kickok are our star members for quality of their post, for calling a spade a spade and not trolling.

Regarding the rest being 50 cents or not can be answered. H the rest. Read my post carefully. I said the impression that comes is that their are 50 cents on the forum going by the content.

The management only wishes for an active and more meaningful participation from the Chinese apart from the usual stuff which makes things unprofessional and even boring.

if the sole intention of any Chinese members is to troll and say bad things about India as part of their information warfare mandate, then DFI will not allow.

Read all my points 1-4 carefully. We call on a more meaningful participation.

nasavsisro

Yes we can share good knowledge without using any offensive language :namaste:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Amoy and Kickok are our star members for quality of their post, for calling a spade a spade and not trolling.

Regarding the rest being 50 cents or not can be answered. H the rest. Read my post carefully. I said the impression that comes is that their are 50 cents on the forum going by the content.

The management only wishes for an active and more meaningful participation from the Chinese apart from the usual stuff which makes things unprofessional and even boring.

if the sole intention of any Chinese members is to troll and say bad things about India as part of their information warfare mandate, then DFI will not allow.

Read all my points 1-4 carefully. We call on a more meaningful participation.
Speaking of being professinoal, the administration board should rectify the way you administrate this froum, because as far as I tell, it is anything but professional.

The administrators of DFI, like the judge of this public forum, are supposed to rule on the ground of facts, instead of ruling under their subjective impressions, something so unprofessional that no real judege wants to commit.

50 cent, the English translation of a popular Chinese term, refers to those who are paid by CPC to spread CPC propaganda. So in order to prove all Chinese members(except Amoy and Kickok) to be 50 cents, a judge must prove two things.
1> Chinese members are paid by CPC;
2> Chinese members are posting something against their own will.

Apparently, DFI administration board can prove neither, but the absence of proof isn't bothering them. They seem to have made their final rule.

I don't think such an unprofessional move would be taken by a professional judge, but it is happening.

You ask me to read your points1-4 carefully, I have. They are very articulate, but I don't intend to obey them.

Rules set by an unprofessional judge don't deserve my respect.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
no they just gave credit where it is due. dont imagine stuff

and regarding the 50center thibgy-ask yourself what you are? If you are not one,then what prob you have with the post of Yusuf ji?:noidea:
I am not 50 cent, but many members called me 50 cent in front of me, that is why I am coming to the judge, hoping he could clean my reputation.

But now judge seems to sleep with them.

I have been to many forums, but I have never seen any of their moderators would participate in a discrimination against their foreign members.

Adux

Country flag

This is not a Chinese Forum nor is it a United Nations Forum, get my drift. This our Forum, stick by our rules and you will do fine, there is no need to debate as there is nothing to debate. I am happy that you are aware of the 50 cents'er's in your country. But if you disobey, you will be shown your place. Or you can take a leave, you are not of much value anyways. Or please give them the reason to ban the ---- out of you from here,

Last edited:

niharjhatn

Nimo, all he is asking is that people with an obvious anti-Indian agenda temper their sentiments when posting. Unlike other forums, DFI hardly bans people. It is a tough task managing members with so many different views around the world, but DFI has done a splendid job thus far.

But some members take in on themselves to purposely attack another's sentiments - and I agree in such scenarios that this deteriorates from the discussion of the point in hand and immediately degrades the topic to point of pissing on each other's ideologies.

But I hope this ruling extends in ALL DIRECTIONS, and not restrictive to Chinese members only. Many are guilty of such, including other Indian members.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There is nothing wrong if the Chinese members air their views, even if it contrary to the Indian view.

It is essential to know what the Chinese or any foreigner opines about any issue pertaining to India.

However, what is to be understood is that in a thread on China, it is not a comparison with any other nation. It is just that the posts should be China centric. One wants to know about China, Full stop.

Further, it is great to see those wonderful photos, but it should not become repetitive and monotonous. What is the use of photos, unless it is being used to further some dazzling propaganda? A bit of a backgrounder would make it exciting and informative and not merely propaganda.

There was an excellent photo series by a Chinese member about the Tibetan Railway and it had explanations to each picture to include the cost of tickets, how the permafrost was conquered, minimising ecological damage and so on. Now, that is what is great to see and learn.

Threads like Chinese road vs Indian roads are meaningless, unless it is for propaganda purpose.

It is these type of threads that lead people to speak about 50 centers.

So, to blame that Indians feel 50centers abound is wrong. As in itself, facts prove it to be a wrong premise of the Chinese members since the material/ discussion is aimed at comparison when there is no foundation for such comparison, unless it is to show how well China is doing compared to others = propaganda with an agenda!

Likewise, when the same old photos are shown all the time, after a period of time before the last set was shown, it appears that it is like stoking a dying fire to rekindle, giving rise to the feeling that the propaganda machinery has been given a prod to keep the mirage alive.

China is not Shanghai and Beijing alone or a few bridges and roads. It has a vast rural area with problems of a migrating population to the urban areas and justifiably so to get jobs and improve their lifestyle. This brings in social and financial problems too. We want to know about that too! India may face the same problem in the future. We are interested in learning of the problems and how China is solving the same, which they are.

It is when the Chinese members want to avoid talking about the rural areas or the problem of the workers, one wonders why are the Chinese only interesting in 'showcasing' and not ready to face the reality of other areas too that may not be glamorous but equally important.

On the charge that such issues when brought out by Indian members is chucking muck at China is patently false and does give rise to the belief that the Chinese members out here are merely to spread the issues of good propaganda value and no more. Again, that gives rise to the feeling that 50 centers abound.

The flip side is that if one observes the threads on this forum, even though there are foreign members and guests seeing the threads, the Indian members have no problem in discussing issues that are not too pleasant and are not of 'showcasing' value. Thus, it indicates the stark difference between the Indian and the Chinese mindset.

So, to feel that Indians are merely chucking muck at China is patently false.

Lastly, on the issue of how the Moderators should administer this Forum professionally, which some Chinese feel is not being done professionally, what is this 'professionally' that you are talking about? Spouting the glories of China would alone qualify as professional management?

I regret to displease the Chinese, but this is an Indian forum and not a CCP mouthpiece or a Forum that is designed solely to massage and assuage the Chinese megalomania.

I take it that Yusuf has put across most succinctly and diplomatically the 'professional' way this Forum is administered and how it will be administered.

If Kickok and Amoy have been mentioned, it is because, while they are staunch nationalists (going by the content of their posts), they are not blind!

I would like to add another name missed out to the rational members of China - Ohimalaya.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
]

But I hope this ruling extends in ALL DIRECTIONS, and not restrictive to Chinese members only. Many are guilty of such, including other Indian members.
It is not restricted to Chinese.

In fact, many others have also not appreciated bans.

But then who appreciate bans? All people think they are right and everyone else is wrong.

However, as you have correctly said, it can be checked out with other forums and compared, we ban with immense regret and that too, when the situation becomes tenable.

And what is more, all bans are discussed in the Staff forum and it has to be explained.

There have been cases when the bans have been overturned too!

So, this Forum is being managed in a democratic manner and rather professionally too.

I am aware of how Chinese forums are administered and they are hardly democratic or professional. They exhibit the trademark of the CCP manner of conducting affairs,

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
50 cent, the English translation of a popular Chinese term, refers to those who are paid by CPC to spread CPC propaganda. So in order to prove all Chinese members(except Amoy and Kickok) to be 50 cents, a judge must prove two things.
1> Chinese members are paid by CPC;
2> Chinese members are posting something against their own will.

Apparently, DFI administration board can prove neither, but the absence of proof isn't bothering them. They seem to have made their final rule.

I don't think such an unprofessional move would be taken by a professional judge, but it is happening.

You ask me to read your points1-4 carefully, I have. They are very articulate, but I don't intend to obey them.

It shows your mindet.

That you wish to be the law yourself.

If things do not go your way, you wish to be the petulant wayward child, screaming and kicking.

If you do not respect the Forum rules, then go where you want.

You will not be missed and no tear shall be shed.

Unlike Yusuf, I am not diplomatic.

Take wings to your feet and be as fleeting as a cloud in a typhoon!

Adux

Country flag
I will not tolerate anyone calling Indian Army Soldiers, an army of malnourished soldiers. I will not.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
nimo,

Everyone has his own opinion. The fact remains, this is an Indian forum.

We appreciate Chinese members coming to DFI and discuss all issues. We will not entertain any anti India propaganda or "showing the mirror" as we see I and discuss about it.

As you can see from the forum, we tear into the govt it's policies and all ills that plague India. But we don't want Chinese interference in that.

What WE WANT from the Chinese is as Ray Sir put it, is to know what lies beyond the bridges and roads. China 20 years ago was like India. Today it has transformed itself. We are more interested in the method and process.

What gives us the feeling that there are 50 cents on the forum? Well it's because they appear when a new road is built, a new bridge is built, a new fighter aircraft is launched a new aircraft carrier is launched and then disappear and come only when they want to troll about India.

That is unacceptable to us. We want this forum to be a source of information for everyone. You and other chinese can be of help to us by not just comin here to showcase roads and bridges but also all other issues that helps Indian members understand china better and may be remove many misconceptions along the way that may have been formed.

Regarding to who is qualified to be a judge and who is not, it comes after a lot of experience in managing the forum and getting ideas from others along the way.

The rules have been laid.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well said Yusuf.

I could not have said it better.

And you have a vast experience in running the Forum for a longer time than one realises!

And you have and others have run it well or else from a small forum it could not have graduated to where it is, with a whole lot of diverse and, at times, handling of acrimonious views without causing offence!

Well done to you all out there working hard to keep all happy and the Forum ticking over!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles