Attack Choppers to Add Teeth to Indian Army's Strike Corps

mayfair

Give me 'ugly' Russian stuff over overpriced American garbage anyday. Why should we pay more for a watered down flying circus?

pmaitra

"Just because half the world is used to American designs and cannot think beyond US, hence we reject handsome Mi-28 as ugly?"

So under this logic a Piper Cub is sexier than an F16 or an SU 35?
I don't think I'll buy that as a good example of a simile.

That Piper Cub is definitely ugly whether you're Russian, American, Sudanese or Indian... The Mi28 is no doubt a beast of a machine but it's not good looking.
Good looking or bad looking is subjective. Why argue over something that is subjective? As I said, ugly or not, I am awed.

pmaitra

Give me 'ugly' Russian stuff over overpriced American garbage anyday. Why should we pay more for a watered down flying circus?
"american garbage..." No doubt where your emotions lie.
Well, if you read further into his statement, he did mention two keywords that are very important: (1) overpriced, (2) watered down.

"american garbage..." No doubt where your emotions lie.
No doubt where your emotions lie... every other post you praise Yankees. Just admit it, you are one.
I second this.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Looking at the specs merely it seems like the LCH is far better than the Eurocopter in the light/ medium weight range and the Mil-28 is the best of the heavier ones.

agentperry

indian army is increasingly wiping out the need of IAF in its strategies to counter threat. pinaka and smerch when added, said to remove the need of IAF contribution to down enemy equipment within 40 km range. now with these inductions IA will be more independent and autonomous in its ops. its clear that keeping in mind the IAFs size and mandates it follows, IA thinks that its not good to have a joint op probability in future. similarly navy is going on its own setting the force on the line of US marine( newspaper report-old)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The Tail is changed..

We have two TD-1 variants ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles