Astrology Thread

Is astrology a science?

• Total voters

Bachchu Yadav

Scientific community which is troubled should challenge the judgement in Supreme Court instead of public criticism.
Man ! court is not arena to decide , which subject is science or which is not !

It is scientific community to decide among themself.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Name says all , Don't need any explanation. there other prominant research will be like Ramayana is real history,Cow urine has anti cancer properties.

This is called revisionist fundamentals. Who can not face the reality.
Do not change the subject and remain focused on astrology. Have some moral courage.
Empiricism is one of the established methodology of science. If I see ten cancer getting cured due to cow urines, I have to believe it. Though further emperical evidences may lead to some other findings.

the problem with you guys is that you follow your own prejudices rather than the established methods of science. you call yourselves modern with all rotten prejudices rather than have an open mind.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Man ! court is not arena to decide , which subject is science or which is not !

It is scientific community to decide among themself.
Something like you decide if Krishna or Budha was a God or not !!
Poor loser

Bachchu Yadav

Do not change the subject and remain focused on astrology. Have some moral courage.
Empiricism is one of the established methodology of science. If I see ten cancer getting cured due to cow urines, I have to believe it. Though further emperical evidences may lead to some other findings.

the problem with you guys is that you follow your own prejudices rather than the established methods of science. you call yourselves modern with all rotten prejudices rather than have an open mind.
Look look who is saying about prejudices !

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Ok the Bombay High Court judgement is disputable & somehow misinterpreted IMO.

Check the original 2004 Supreme Court ruling on which this judgement was derived.

Astrology Case in Supreme Court of India

Since Astrology is partly based upon study of movement of sun, earth, planets & all celestial bodies, it is a study of science at least to some extent.
Based on this interpretation, the UGC has allowed it to be introduced in Indian Universities.

The meaning of judgement can change as per selective reading. The ruling terms the astrology as pseudo science in its reference for its claim to predict the future situations relating to individual, group, nations etc.

Astrology supporters claims that it can determine destinies & future events. But for that it requires study of stars, planets etc. For this second part Astrology can be part of Science Study.

Ruling also allows Jyotir Vigyaan to be included in academic study since there is no breach of statutory provisions & reluctance of SC to interfere in recommendation by expert body UGC. This part is ambiguous.

My understanding is that Astrology can be part of Science study to gather its inputs to eventually predict future. No harm in gathering these inputs IMO. Unless there are vindicating results, I will not accept it to be scientific or any proven science. And I doubt any rational person will believe in that either.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
What you just said , meeting of of 'Ida' and 'pingla' is dominated by some one else 'shushmana' . Man ! This like movie "miyan biwi aur Woh" :pound:...or threesome orgy !:pound:
The aim of sexual intercourse is always to attain a pleasure which is beyong both organs .. the third thing.

you will suffer badly if youso called IIT wala does not know it ?

Aim is third thing... anand .. paramanand...

Last edited:

Bachchu Yadav

Ok the Bombay High Court judgement is disputable & somehow misinterpreted IMO.

Check the original 2004 Supreme Court ruling on which this judgement was derived.

Astrology Case in Supreme Court of India

Based on this interpretation, the UGC has allowed it to be introduced in Indian Universities.

The meaning of judgement can change as per selective reading. The ruling terms the astrology as pseudo science in its reference for its claim to predict the future situations relating to individual, group, nations etc.

Astrology supporters claims that it can determine destinies & future events. But for that it requires study of stars, planets etc. For this second part Astrology can be part of Science Study.

Ruling also allows Jyotir Vigyaan to be included in academic study since there is no breach of statutory provisions & reluctance of SC to interfere in recommendation by expert body UGC. This part is ambiguous.

My understanding is that Astrology can be part of Science study to gather its input to eventually predict future. No harm in gathering these inputs imo. Unless there are vindicating results, I will not accept it to be scientific or any proven science.
Bhai saab .. ! I'm crying and wealing from starting it is part of our mainstream society. That is the big worry.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I was not talking about me but basis on which calculations in astrology is done. I am sorry, it was too hard for you to read earlier.

I was talking about the idiots who claim that Astrology works, sorry it was not "directed":heh: "directly" at you:taunt1::troll:

Hope you catch my meaning:heh:

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Bhai saab .. ! I'm crying and wealing from starting it is part of our mainstream society. That is the big worry.
People can believe in whatever they want. We can not dispute personal belief.

No results to support the claim, no acceptance for Astrology.

Bachchu Yadav

Indians have nothing much of value for communist of Yadava menifestos !
If I don't believe in this shit called astrology , Then I become Communist !

Ohho ! now I see , those who deny astrology is not Indian.

Hindu Taliban mentality !

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I was not talking about me but basis on which calculations in astrology is done. I am sorry, it was too hard for you to read earlier.

My dear Rahul,

Can you tell me what is wrong with calculation for astrology ?

Thanks.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
If I don't believe in this shit called astrology , Then I become Communist !

Ohho ! now I see , those who deny astrology is not Indian.

Hindu Taliban mentality !
Those who deny existance or Sun and Moon are not even cows, leave aside humans.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Indians have nothing much of value for communist of Yadava menifestos !
:doh: Only people who are on the losing side of the argument make the threads and posts personal:taunt1:

Bachchu Yadav

People can believe in whatever they want. We can not dispute personal belief.

No results to support the claim, no acceptance for Astrology.
Aha , Now you say what I was trying to say.
This is just personal belief not a science.
And propaganda of BJP to pacify Hindu Taliban.

Bachchu Yadav

Fatwah of Hindu taliban : those who deny astrology is not human leave aside Indian.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Bachchu,

You might have said funniest thing but actually, unwittingly you have said what many do not know.
Ah, yes Sun and Moon when within less than 6 degrees of angular distance both sides cause what is known as the dark day or amawasya. One such day is in the cycle of 28 solar days. You know what Amawasya is ? It is the day of the courtship of the mind and soul. It is the day when Sun F**ks moon. Mother and father are in courtship or together:rotflmao:. That is why it is a day of menses or pitra or encestors. In tantara it is day for carrying out one of the rare meditations. Due to absence of light, it is also the night of eveil forces. But in yoga the adjustment between left and right nostril air is the best on that day (due to Sun and Moon meeting).:doh:
Abhi tum Bachchu ho !

So far as eclipse is concerned that is a different phenomenon, caused by earth's position in between Sun and moon alleged to be caused by two mathematical bodies called Rahu and Ketu.:doh:

In astronomy, you are, it seems a Bachchu only !
:wtf: What the hell is wrong with you people. Equating and relating things which are in no way related to the thread and which has no place in the real world. Please stop taking the myths and legends as true. Sincere request.

Else we should also think world is flat, earth is the center f the universe, and so many stuff:dude:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Bachchu Yadav,

I think, you seriously need to understand your philososphy of dialectical logic well before you can be a good communist / yadavist.

What you are indulging presently in is polemics and demagogy on lines of Lallu or Maulayam. They are not IIT.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles