Astrology Thread

Is astrology a science?

• Total voters

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Energy emitted by a distant star is not more than candle light. Why don't you count that too:pound: ! Rubbishness half cooked in science is what you are promoting.
In fact i have quoted something which is even smaller than one which you had quoted. Still that is energy emitted and if i can see it then it certainly reaching to me and which is what matters in astrology and i am talking about astrology and its basis of calculation. I hope you get this time.

Bachchu Yadav

In fact i have quoted something which is even smaller than one which you had quoted. Still that is energy emitted and if i can see it then it certainly reaching to me and which is what matters in astrology and i am talking about astrology and its basis of calculation. I hope you get this time.
yeah really .. this time :pound::pound::taunt1:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
:pound: it affects only you out of the 7 Billion people on the planet:rotflmao:

Bachchu Yadav

Yeah , He actually sleeps on open terrace for getting full effect of light emitted by stars ! :rofl:

and please don't bring candle light near to him, otherwise interference cause distortions ! :pound:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I was not talking about me but basis on which calculations in astrology is done. I am sorry, it was too hard for you to read earlier.

Yeah , He actually sleeps on open terrace for getting full effect of light emitted by stars ! :rofl:

and please don't bring candle light near to him, otherwise interference cause distortions ! :pound:
Well this thread certainly has Kids around.....................yeah i know it takes time to grow up especially for someone who is retard!

yeah really .. this time :pound::pound::taunt1:
do :rofl:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
You are right. If a star got destroyed we wouldn't see it for many centuries yet they will be making charts with the star intact. :pound:
If a star got destroyed, we will be seeing its lights for thousands of years? What science, if at all, you talk man? Che was a ruffian and not a scientist !

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Stars do not move , it is our earth that moves. You can not see a perceptible difference in actual location even in 100years . But these astrologers comes everyday with new fortune based on "movement" of stars.
Bachhu,
Do not exhibit your ignorance so blatently. Stars, astronomy and their movement is a subject matter of Physics. By your statements I can make out that you have not even studied physics in 12 the standard. But you are making very big claims and statements.

Firstly, stars do move.
Secondly, what you are referring to is movement of "planets".
Do you know the difference between stars and planets? Venus is a planet. Pole star is a star called Vega. Ursa aminor or Ursa major are stars. astronomy divides all these stars into group of constellation as per many parameters but astrology groups the constellation as per their appearances since eyes were and still are the largest true telescopes.

Bachchu Yadav

Bachhu,
Do not exhibit your ignorance so blatently. Stars, astronomy and their movement is a subject matter of Physics. By your statements I can make out that you have not even studied physics in 12 the standard. But you are making very big claims and statements.

Firstly, stars do move.
Secondly, what you are referring to is movement of "planets".
Do you know the difference between stars and planets? Venus is a planet. Pole star is a star called Vega. Ursa aminor or Ursa major are stars. astronomy divides all these stars into group of constellation as per many parameters but astrology groups the constellation as per their appearances since eyes were and still are the largest true telescopes.
1.Regarding bold part ,I'm an IIT graduate.

2. Astronomy is a pure science and part of physics . But here question is not about astronomy but astrology.Now don't mix astronomy with astrology. One is science and another is absolute rubbish but according to some religion blind people ,it is a science.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I did not find any mention of Astrology in my school, college or university curriculum.

Are there any Govt recognized courses which focus on Astrology ?
How funny !

Every villager in India who does not go to modern school knows something about astrology or astronomy>

He knows when sankranti is?
He knows what thithi (lunar day) is it.
He knows what Luni Solar month is it? Say Chaitra or Baisakh..
He knows when is Holi and Deepawali, when Ashtami and when Navami !
He knows which is best time to plugh and sow seeds ?
He knows which exact day his father died and his son was born ?

* * * For all these things he has a calender keeper who does so based on an astronomical calender !!

No where in the world, one can know once time, and relativity without relative positions of Sun and Moon which are our father and mother. Father and mother of all born on earth including plants and crops, insects and germs. All living organism.

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
How funny !

Every villager in India who does not go to modern school knows something about astrology or astronomy>

He knows when sankranti is?
He knows what thithi (lunar day is it)
He knows what Luni Solar moth is it?
He knows when is Hol and Deepawali when ashtami and Navami !
He knows which is best time to plugh and sow seeds ?
He knows which exact day his father dies and his son was born ?

* * * For all these things he has a calender keeper who does so based on an astronomical calender !!

No where in the world, one can know once time, and relativity without relative positions of Sun and Moon which are our father and mother. Father and mother of all born on earth including plants and crops.
Knowing something & having that in academic curriculum is different thing :dude:

I was asking if ASTROLOGY courses are recognized by GOI ?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Appearantly I have a year old news for everyone.

Astrology is a science: Bombay HC

MUMBAI: Astrology has been debunked by most world scientists including India's renowned physicist Prof. Yash Pal. However, it is "science" in India.

The Bombay High Court reaffirmed this on Thursday when it dismissed a PIL that had challenged astrology as science.

The PIL was filed by an NGO, Janhit Manch that had sought action against 'fake' astrologers, tantriks, practitioners of Vastu shastra etc.

"So far as prayer related to astrology is concerned, the Supreme Court has already considered the issue and ruled that astrology is science. The court had in 2004 also directed the universities to consider if astrology science can be added to the syllabus. The decision of the apex court is binding on this court," observed the judges.

The judges also took on record an affidavit submitted by the Union government. The Centre had in its affidavit stated that astrology is 4000 years old 'trusted science' and the same does not fall under the preview of The Drugs and Megical Remedies Act (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954.

"The said Act does not cover astrology and related sciences. Astrology is a trusted science and is being practiced for over 4000 years," said an affidavit filed by Dr R Ramakrishna, deputy drug controller (India), west zone.

"The said Act is aimed at prohibiting misleading advertisements relating to drugs and magic remedies. The Act does not cover and / or relate to astrology and / or allied sciences like Palmistry, Vaastu Shastra etc. In view thereof, a purported ban on practices promoting astrology and related sciences sought by the petitioner, which is a time tested science more than 4000 years old is totally misconceived and unjustifiable," says the affidavit.

The (PIL) filed by Janhit Manch and its convener Bhagwanji Raiyani, along with his associate Dattaram Kumkar, had questioned the validity of predictions by many well-known astrologers.

The PIL, which ran into more than 100 pages pointed to several cases, including that of Indira Gandhi and Charan Singh becoming prime ministers, despite opposite predictions.

Representing the Union government, advocate Advait Sethna told the court that even the SC had accepted that astrology was a science and many universities had included it as a subject.

Advocate for Maharashtra government, Bharat Mehta too supported the stand taken by the Union government. Mehta submitted an affidavit filed by the food and drugs administration (FDA) department which said that necessary action is being taken against the guilty under the Drugs and Megical Remedies Act.

The PIL had urged the authorities to ban articles, advertisements, episodes and practices promoting astrology and its related subjects like vastu, reiki, feng shui, tarot, palmistry, zodiac signs and rashifal.

Astrology is a science: Bombay HC - Times Of India

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Knowing something & having that in academic curriculum is different thing :dude:

I was asking if ASTROLOGY courses are recognized by GOI ?
Yes very much
There are accreditation level upto post graduation and one can also do his research from Sampurnanand Sankrit Universisty and many other universities.

But those people you see on TV, paper etc all or mostly are uneducated frauds who have no formal accredition,meant only to mint the mullaha.

Bachchu Yadav

^^ @nrj It was very unfortunate decision which was criticised by scientific community. But yeah Judges also product of this mainstream society !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indian court considers astrology a science
17:30 4 February 2011
Science In Society
Priya Shetty, correspondent, Mumbai

Go on, admit it, you probably take a sneaky peak at your horoscope in the newspaper now and then, out of idle curiosity of course.

In India, a country legendarily associated with mysticism, millions live their daily life by what the stars dictate. Rituals to commemorate births and deaths - the bookmarks of our lives - only take place at auspicious times of the day and month. Marriages are often nixed, no matter how in love a couple may be, if the horoscopes don't match.

Even so, the news that on February 3, the Bombay High Court threw out a case questioning the validity of astrology and related practices such as reiki, feng shui, and tarot cards, is worrying.

A travelling astrologer in Ooty Bazaar, Ootacamund, Tamil Nadu, India (Image: David Beatty / Robert Harding/Rex Features)

According to The Times of India, an Indian NGO called Janhit Manch had filed the public interest litigation. But as the Supreme Court of India has already ruled that astrology is a science, the High Court dismissed the case:

The judges' decision comes at a precarious time for India. The nation is investing heavily in positioning itself as a global scientific superpower. But its science academies are sometimes less than rigorous and its science community can be disappointingly silent on key issues.

Astrology's scientific credentials have popped up in the ferocious debates over religion versus evolution in the US. In 2005, during the landmark court case in which parents of children taught Intelligent Design (ID) in a Pennsylvania school sued their school board, ID proponent and witness Michael Behe admitted his definition of a "theory" was so broad that astrology would qualify.

In that instance, the court room erupted in laughter, and the parents won the case - although the teaching of evolution in US schools remains under threat.

Eager to wow the world, like the US, India has set up its own costly space programme. But confusing astrology with science makes the nation less credible as a scientific superpower.

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2011/02/astrology-is-science---in-indi.html

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Ohh yeah!
sun and moon are our father and mother ... when they do matting ? During eclipses :pound::pound::pound:
Bachchu,

You might have said funniest thing but actually, unwittingly you have said what many do not know.
Ah, yes Sun and Moon when within less than 6 degrees of angular distance both sides cause what is known as the dark day or amawasya. One such day is in the cycle of 28 solar days. You know what Amawasya is ? It is the day of the courtship of the mind and soul. It is the day when Sun F**ks moon. Mother and father are in courtship or together. That is why it is a day of menses or pitra or encestors. In tantara it is day for carrying out one of the rare meditations. Due to absence of light, it is also the night of eveil forces. But in yoga the adjustment between left and right nostril air is the best on that day (due to Sun and Moon meeting).
Abhi tum Bachchu ho !

So far as eclipse is concerned that is a different phenomenon, caused by earth's position in between Sun and moon alleged to be caused by two mathematical bodies called Rahu and Ketu.

In astronomy, you are, it seems a Bachchu only !

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Scientific community which is troubled should challenge the judgement in Supreme Court instead of public criticism.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
:rofl:

Funniest shit I've heard in a long time
Unknowingly Bachchu hit on the jackpot ! In tantra mother and father copulate during eclipse. That is Ida and pingla become together and Shushmana dominates.

Bachchu Yadav

Yes very much
There are accreditation level upto post graduation and one can also do his research from Sampurnanand Sankrit Universisty and many other universities.

But those people you see on TV, paper etc all or mostly are uneducated frauds who have no formal accredition,meant only to mint the mullaha.
Name says all , Don't need any explanation. there other prominant research will be like Ramayana is real history,Cow urine has anti cancer properties.

This is called revisionist fundamentals. Who can not face the reality.

Bachchu Yadav

Unknowingly Bachchu hit on the jackpot ! In tantra mother and father copulate during eclipse. That is Ida and pingla become together and Shushmana dominates.
What you just said , meeting of of 'Ida' and 'pingla' is dominated by some one else 'shushmana' . Man ! This like movie "miyan biwi aur Woh" :pound:...or threesome orgy !:pound:

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles