Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
are you sure kunal those are romanians coz romanians have palmswell hand guards as like those in the marcos pic shown below.But the ones with striations in hand guards are usuallyeast german mpis.But the underfolders are not found in the east germans.Thats why i thinks that it is either OFB made one or remnants of old polish kbks.Any way only my wild guess
Possibly OFB or Romanian, IA use Romanian similar in looks with these, OFB is producing Black, Orange and Wooden furniture AKMs..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Possibly OFB or Romanian, IA use Romanian similar in looks with these, OFB is producing Black, Orange and Wooden furniture AKMs..
kunal its heard that IA had rejected the ak7 developed by Ofb citing it didnt met the requirements put forward by army.The ishmaz's opposition also forced MOD to go slow in the development.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
kunal its heard that IA had rejected the ak7 developed by Ofb citing it didnt met the requirements put forward by army.The ishmaz's opposition also forced MOD to go slow in the development.
No Idea, But AK-7 with gas regulator models were used by PARA SF during 2006-8, i can be wrong with dates..

bhramos

Country flag
AK-7 was rejected by IA, but not Paras or Police forces, as this a lot cheaper then imported one........

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The one with fixed could probably german one.Any way only my wild guess
German AKM are widely used in RAF..

OFB used the same deign in Orange Fiber AKM:

But never saw Wooden once before, OFB black AKM don't have the same deign..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

You can be right, Its Old German AKM probably OFB..

Do you have any Pics of Wooden OFB AKM.

pmaitra

^^

I had seen them displaying the OFB AK-clone with those waffle magazines at the Industrial Fair, if I remember correctly. It's been a while.

However, it would be naïve of me to judge a gun based only on the magazine.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I could be wrong Kunal, but I am willing to bet that this one is our very own Ishapore product!
you could be correct in ur assumption coz the butt of the ak is very much different from the other fixed stock german mpis in bakelite furniture used by IA.
Here is a bakelite furnitured german one

eas german mpi72 with ak74 muzzle brake

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
ALBY
Here is a bakelite furnitured german one
Bakelite is interesting stuff.

Bakelite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The primary commercial uses for Bakelite today remain in the area of inexpensive board and tabletop games produced in China, India and Hong Kong. Items such as billiard balls, dominoes and pieces for games like chess, checkers, and backgammon are constructed of Bakelite for its look, durability, fine polish, weight, and sound. Common dice are sometimes made of Bakelite for weight and sound, but the majority are made of a thermoplastic such as acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) which is not as durable as Bakelite.

Bakelite is used to make the presentation boxes of Breitling watches and sometimes as a substitute for metal firearm magazines. Bakelite is also used in the mounting of metal samples in metallography.[9]

Phenolic resins have been commonly used in ablative heat shields. Soviet heatshields for ICBM warheads and spacecraft reentry consisted of asbestos textolite impregnated with Bakelite.[10]

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

The Custom rifle has parts from the Norinco Type 56 and the AKMS. In reality, these rifles don't interchange parts, but it was possible since the gun is massively customized and practically rebuilt from scratch.

bhramos

Country flag

what is the gun in soldiers hand???

is it AK-74RU???

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles