Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ghost

Re: INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

First of all , having auto as an "option" does not mean that you have to fire on full auto all the time.It is called "option" for a reason,just as having a car with top speed of 200km/hr does not mean that you will have to drive at that speed,it just means if the need arises it is capable enough to meet it.

Now I have a question, if one has to fire quick single shot 100 rounds within 15 minutes ,will a m4 overheat?If not how many rounds of single shot does it takes to overheat in short period of time let's say 30minutes.
@Ky Loung sir how is the accuracy of ak 105 when compared with a m4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ky Loung

Re: INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

First of all , having auto as an "option" does not mean that you have to fire on full auto all the time.It is called "option" for a reason,just as having a car with top speed of 200km/hr does not mean that you will have to drive at that speed,it just means if the need arises it is capable enough to meet it.

Now I have a question, if one has to fire quick single shot 100 rounds within 15 minutes ,will a m4 overheat?If not how many rounds of single shot does it takes to overheat in short period of time let's say 30minutes.
@Ky Loung sir how is the accuracy of ak 105 when compared with a m4.

M4 sustained rate of fire is 12-15 rounds per minute. You can see the official stats here.

Online Army Study Guide - M4 - 5.56 mm Semiautomatic Rifle | ArmyStudyGuide.com

Keep in mind the M4 can exceed the number posted there. For example 500 meters effective range doesn't mean it can't hit anything past 500 meters. 500 meters means the operator have a very good chance of hitting a stationary man size target.

Ar15 will catch on fire so don't get the wrong impression it won't. It all depend on the handguard material. Plastic handguard will catch on fire before the gas tube melt. Aluminum gas tube will melt while the Aluminum handgun will go undamaged.

The AK 105 is not imported to the USA so I have no experience with them. Most Russian and Chinese weapons are not allow for importation. The Russian AK in the USA was imported in the mid 90s before limited import ban. Current imported AK comes from ex-combloc turn friendly to the USA/West.

With that said the AR15 family will beat any modern auto rifle in accuracy. Precision AR15 rifle will beat a lot of precision bolt action in accuracy. High quality ar15 can achieve 1/4 MOA or better. MOA (minute of angle) is what determine firearms accuracy. So a 1/4 MOA is around .25 inch in diameter @ 100 yard. A .50 cal is .50 inch in diameter. In other words a high quality precision AR15 rifle rated 1/4 MOA is able to put 5 bullets smaller than the diameter of a .5o caliber. I put links down below if you want to study precision AR15 rifles.

M4 on fire. Plastic handguard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTpQP3nI_lQ

Melted gas tube.

"red hot" gas tube on an M16. - AR15.Com Archive

oooops I melted gas tube....With Video - AR15.Com Archive

Picture of gas tube glow orange.

You ever see a gas tube glow? - AR15.Com Archive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzDr7_-NPvA&NR=1

MOA explain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA2PZBD5Tjg

1/4 MOA AR15 thread.
1/4 moa AR-15

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Honestly If someone is comparing a professional rifle`s to some fancy looking prototype who he knows nothing about then, Perhaps you are under influence of Hashish, :) ..

if i am not under the influence of some of there propaganda stuff

hitesh

Honestly If someone is comparing a professional rifle`s to some fancy looking prototype who he knows nothing about then, Perhaps you are under influence of Hashish, :) ..
I was not specific about rifle but in general term (which includes UAV,HMG) that has bin developed under heavy international ban .Even if we consider that specific rifle we can see that have moved away from stamped steel design.

You mentioned that they have oil ,Libya too had oil what happened .Iran's Oil can't buy any weapons from western other than Russian or Chinese unlike Indian who yet to have zeal for quality indigenous stuff and i don't like Hashish I am all Heroine guy :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ky Loung

But heavily sanctioned still some of there products can shame our products (if i am not under the influence of some of there propaganda stuff:rolleyes: )
The Iranian copies a lot of Western arms. They copied tons of HK stuffs. IIRC their arm forces are equip with AR15. They export large numbers of AR15 to terrorist organization like Hamas. As far as I know Hamas only use AR15. They ditch their AK a long time ago. Iranian do make good copies of western firearms.

It pretty easy to make quality copy firearms. All you need is to follow the instructions and not cut corners. The hard part which is the designing of it is done. Remember firearms are simple machine. Very simple machine and very easy to copy.

The stock in the picture look like a modified Magpul UBR stock. UBR stock are very good and popular in the USA.

It does look like an ACR. I'm not fond of the ACR. It is an unbalance rifle. Too front heavy IMO.

I'm looking forward to shooting the Polish Radom MSBS rifle. Radom said it ready for export it to the USA and the only thing that is holding them back is the Polish government.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@hitesh, I cannot help your inferiority complex, you seems to be suffering from ignorance as well, for example you talked about Stamped steel, Stamped steel firearm are easy to produce and manufacture, For an Army of 3 million + Million and half police and paramilitary its the only solution ..

About the second regarding Gaddafi`s Libya, He invested its money more on Infrastructure then Military and he paid the price dearly, You clearly don`t know about anything not even about your own Army, I suggest you don`t mix DFI with heroine when typing, from next i have to take measure ..

I was not specific about rifle but in general term (which includes UAV,HMG) that has bin developed under heavy international ban .Even if we consider that specific rifle we can see that have moved away from stamped steel design.

You mentioned that they have oil ,Libya too had oil what happened .Iran's Oil can't buy any weapons from western other than Russian or Chinese unlike Indian who yet to have zeal for quality indigenous stuff and i don't like Hashish I am all Heroine guy :rolleyes:
The Iranian copies a lot of Western arms. They copied tons of HK stuffs. IIRC their arm forces are equip with AR15. They export large numbers of AR15 to terrorist organization like Hamas. As far as I know Hamas only use AR15. They ditch their AK a long time ago. Iranian do make good copies of western firearms.

It pretty easy to make quality copy firearms. All you need is to follow the instructions and not cut corners. The hard part which is the designing of it is done. Remember firearms are simple machine. Very simple machine and very easy to copy..

Ky Loung

Regardless, it pretty easy to reproduce any quality firearms. A cheap digital $2 wrist watch is 100 times or more complex than modern firearm. The parts are easy machined and held together by springs, screws, and pins. Like many other have pointed out firearm design have reach it mechanical limits. Other than the material use and look modern firearms basically use design dating back over 50+ years ago.

We gotten to a point where you don't need any mechanical skills to reproduce firearm. Modern high end CNC will do all the hard milling work. All you need to do is load the firearm file (which you can download from any CNC gunsmith website for free) and hit the start button. The only thing you need is to follow the instruction to assemble the firearm. Instant gratification.

It is true stamped receiver is cheaper than milled receiver. However I'm not sure if stamped receiver cost is lower than plastic receivers. Mill receiver have come down in cost dramatically over the years. You can buy an AR15 receiver for around $40 (cheaper to buy than make it at home). That means it probably take between $10-$15 to produce with American labor. The cost saving is done using CNC machinery. CNC can run 24/7 with little human oversight. Mass production without the large human labor force.

CNC make prefect copies. Mass professional CNC machinery require little human interaction. You do not need CNC machinery to make quality firearms. However if you want to make it fast and cheap, CNC and robotics is the way to go. They work 24/7 and make perfect copies with no bitching. I won't be surprise if the Iranian small arms companies use CNC and robotics to make their firearms.

In about 10 years it is predicted 1 in 3 jobs in American will be taken by robots.

*BLEM* Anderson Mfg AM15 Stripped Lower Receiver *BLEM* [*BLEM*Anderson Mfg AM15*BLEM*] - $39 | Slickguns

BTW I bought 5 Anderson blemishes receiver. There is no scratches, dings, chips, uneven finish, and machine marks on the receivers. It 100% prefect. The seller wanted to undercut everybody and use the blemish as an excuse to lower the price. Even with blemish it makes no difference in the function of the receiver. Normal price is round $50.

One in three jobs will be taken by software or robots by 2025 | Computerworld

Last edited:

Hari Sud

Country flag
In the end, first preference to the Indian made Assault rifle(s) including so many designed by DRDO and the three rifle factories including MCIWS. Second would be to collaborate to make in India, if you must import with full TOT is necessary. Third and the last preference would be to import the rifles from abroad at six times the price. Example is a multi cal rifle which imported with tele sight, grenade launcher and other parafernelia will cost $4,000 a piece. An Indian made will cost $600 a piece. Even if you pay royalty, the cost would not go up beyond $800 a piece. The same story is true for other assault rifles which are locally designed and built. All they need is for the Indian army to put their heart and soul into developing and testing these, instead of hands off policy with eye on imports.

Damian

Presentation of MSBS modularity.

hitesh

Normally 9x19mm accruate over 100ms, I was using this from 80ms ..

I had no issue with the suppressor ..
9mm and 5.56 are two very different calibers. You can suppress the 9mm to whisper quiet, by loading a heavy bullet sub-sonic. Easy to do and you still have darned good performance--for a 9mm.

5.56? It's going to be supersonic. You can muffle the muzzle blast, but there isn't much you can do about the supersonic transition. If you want serious downrange performance suppressed on a rifle.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles