Assad forces mull use of chemical weapons

pmaitra

Assad is going crazy, right after Sergey Lavrov told him to end violence.

amoy

How can Assad side end violence if the opposite force doesn't? Sit idly waiting for the doomsday?

So long as the rebels keep on receiving aids (arms, personnel...) and encouraging signs they won't get to the nego. table despite Russian mediation

pmaitra

How can Assad side end violence if the opposite force doesn't? Sit idly waiting for the doomsday?

So long as the rebels keep on receiving aids (arms, personnel...) and encouraging signs they won't get to the nego. table despite Russian mediation
You are but quite correct. I for one won't term armed combatants as civilians.

Both sides must abjure violence. It takes two hands to clap.

You do see the problem though, right? If Assad uses chemical weapons, not only the rebels, but also civilians will die en masse.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Use of chemical weapons will be just the moment the west is waiting to bomb Syria and it will be justified as well.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
nice bit of propaganda there :rolleyes: assad isn't an idiot to use it and give perfect excuse to everyone to invade.

even if they're using masks it would be for tear gas/sleeping gas.

pmaitra

nice bit of propaganda there :rolleyes: assad isn't an idiot to use it and give perfect excuse to everyone to invade.

even if they're using masks it would be for tear gas/sleeping gas.
Good point. didn't think of that angle.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
HA ha ha ha......... After all these years Nostradamus Predictions are coming real..........:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder if Assad would be fool enough to do so.

He will lose all the little support he is getting from his own and the outside world!

indian_sukhoi

Another Weapon of Mass Destruction saga in the making

Could be wrong again like it happen in Iraq. Much of the media had been conditioned to believe that Saddam has Chemical warheads, It turned out not to be true.

First, U.S.-led inspections declare WMDs. Then they invade the Syria and declare "intelligence failure" after not finding any weapons.
Follow up a same Bush speech on Iraq by Obama on Syria

"President Obama stated "Knowing what I know today we still would have gone on into Syria."¦ The decision I made is the right decision. The world is better off without Assad in power."" :p
President's Remarks on Intelligence Reform

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I wonder if Assad would be fool enough to do so.

He will lose all the little support he is getting from his own and the outside world!

Or he is signalling to the World that he will make lives for those within reach of his chemical weapons delivery systems very very hard (without nuclear weapons this is his last line of deterrence). So better not do what you're contemplating... :scared1:

But all indications suggest that the West will stop at nothing to remove Assad for he is the weak link of Iran.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles