Asian? Yes. How about Pakistani? Or is speaking the truth racism?

Scalieback

Professional
SMJ - Watch Episode 2
Break The Silence

Episode 2: Child Sexual Abuse

The sexual abuse of children is a horrible reality, and many are unaware of its extent. Research has shown that as many as 53 per cent, or one in every two children, are victims of child sexual abuse. Contrary to belief, the home is not the safest place for a child, as many abusers are trusted by the family. In addition to educating children and encouraging them to be brave enough to say No to abuse, parents themselves need to be sensitive to their children's signals. Moreover, a robust and specific law against child sexual abuse must be put in place to protect the child and vigorously punish the abuser.
Britain has a lot of problems and we have laws that stop the abuse of children. We've probably had them since we stopped sending them up chimney's.

Why hasn't India, in 65 years since you 'kicked us out' enacted legislation to stop peadophiles?

Tronic

SMJ - Watch Episode 2

Britain has a lot of problems and we have laws that stop the abuse of children. We've probably had them since we stopped sending them up chimney's.

Why hasn't India, in 65 years since you 'kicked us out' enacted legislation to stop peadophiles?
Scalie, it took Britain centuries, from the start, some point during the late Enlightenment era, early Industrialization, of the realization that children should not be exploited, to come through with such a legislation to protect them.

Indians, on the other hand, are still not as socially developed yet to fully understand such concepts as Pedophilia.

We do have certain states, such as Goa, which have enacted laws against Pedophilia, however this has still not been done by the rest of the states, and the reason is a lack of understanding due to a lack of social development.

Mind you, when you started to send your children up chimneys, or even after you stopped doing so; we were under an occupation and being deprived of the same Industrial development which Britain was carrying out so vigorously in its own nation, using resources exploited from India, aswell as the "New World".

In due time, as awareness spreads, you will slowly start to see the same legislations being passed in India as India socially 'catches up' with the West.

Shows such as SMJ, which you are quoting from, are but a fine example of Indians socially waking up to recognize their own problems and spreading awareness in understanding these problems across the social sphere. Once this social realization takes place, the next natural step is political activism. This is how a country is built.

Cheers!

Tronic

As I responded to Ray, beware the liberal elite as India may in time go down this route.

As one of them was Afghan, for a start we can't say they were all Pakistani's. The next lot up are again predominantly Pakistani, but this time there is a Black/Brit in there. I don't know what they're going to call them, Perhaps just paedo's or even better kiddie fiddlers?

Imv, it probably took a lot of soul searching, hair tearing and discussions with the CRE to even put down the fact they are all Asian, knowing our current rules ;)
To classify criminals as "Asians", "Africans", "Whites", makes no sense at all and exhibits a national endorsement of stereotypes and generalizations.

If the government is concerned and does not wish to single out individual communities, than it is doing nothing better, by classifying people in such a broad sense. Maybe they should try labeling them as "Humans" for a change.

I'm actually not surprised why Britain has so much racial tensions and riots, because the nation itself endorses these labels and divisions!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I would think that it would be correct to mention the nationalities rather than club them under an all encompassing label - Asian.

The reason is simple. There is already a resentment building up in the UK over the misuse of British liberal laws to serve pet peeves (for the want of a better expression). Notwithstanding the brushing off of such an idea of resentment, this resentment will find expression in a backlash.

In that backlash, it will not be Pakistanis alone who will be targeted, but also other Asian since all that one would remember is the word 'Asian' and not the nationality of the real perpetrators of the crimes.

It is not this case alone that the Pakistanis are guilty of. It seems to be a natural progression for them, if one goes by the British news and even the stuff one sees on the Youtube!

I will not blame the British if the resentment is building up. It is natural.

If it happened anywhere in the world, the same would happen.

ejazr

Ambassador
The point is why is "Asian" being used. If they are Asian, they are also UK citizens too. Why not just use "Sex Gang busted" or "Child sex abusers arrested" if mentioning the race or geographical location is so sensitive. Or how about "Rochdale sex gang caught"

And if it has to be mentioned, why not call them British Pakistani gang. Afterall, these are British citizens of Pakistani origin.

In any case, I think the backlash will be more on the Muslim nature rather than the Asian nature of these criminals. What really makes me angry is how the defence lawyer tried to pass it off as a "Cultural norms". That is just BS.

These men KNEW exactly what they were doing was wrong and criminal. They KNOW that sex outside of marriage is wrong and even criminal in Pakistan and considered wrong in Pakistani culture. They KNEW that not only drinking alcohol is wrong but given it to girls and kids is wrong too. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen in Pakistan but the idea that culturally it is acceptable in Pakistan for them to go about plying young girls with alcohol and have sex with them is just trying to fool the British criminal system.

What did shock me was why are these people being senteced for only 4-10 years in jail with only 1 person getting 19 years. Either these people should be deported back to the country or given 40+ year sentences (i.e. life sentences) without parole if not the death penalty.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Scalie, you may not be able to call a persons origin by looking at him. But after they are caught and investigated, their identities would surely be known. Whether they are British citizens of Pakistani origin or Pakistanis on work visas. When the report comes in print, I am sure all the people's identity and background will be known. Even after that calling them Asians is a willful ploy to put the entire subcontinent under scanner.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In any case, I think the backlash will be more on the Muslim nature rather than the Asian nature of these criminals.
How can anyone say which religion one belongs to unless one knows the person.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Scalie, you may not be able to call a persons origin by looking at him. But after they are caught and investigated, their identities would surely be known. Whether they are British citizens of Pakistani origin or Pakistanis on work visas. When the report comes in print, I am sure all the people's identity and background will be known. Even after that calling them Asians is a willful ploy to put the entire subcontinent under scanner.
It is just to understand this paradox that one visited ARRSE, but somehow the reason remained illusive.

It is good to have a British gentleman around, so that we can find the rationale to this conundrum and understand the social issues wherein the actuality is glossed over and not addressed squarely.

Last edited:

ejazr

Ambassador
How can anyone say which religion one belongs to unless one knows the person.
Well Ray Sir, all the criminals in this case happened to be Muslims and had Muslim sounding names. So anyone who knows the details of the case will know that.

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Yusuf said:
Scalie, you may not be able to call a persons origin by looking at him. But after they are caught and investigated, their identities would surely be known. Whether they are British citizens of Pakistani origin or Pakistanis on work visas. When the report comes in print, I am sure all the people's identity and background will be known. Even after that calling them Asians is a willful ploy to put the entire subcontinent under scanner
Yeah its like calling entire Europe doomed, by looking a Greece :p

Scalieback

Professional
To classify criminals as "Asians", "Africans", "Whites", makes no sense at all and exhibits a national endorsement of stereotypes and generalizations.

If the government is concerned and does not wish to single out individual communities, than it is doing nothing better, by classifying people in such a broad sense. Maybe they should try labeling them as "Humans" for a change.

I'm actually not surprised why Britain has so much racial tensions and riots, because the nation itself endorses these labels and divisions!
I don't really think India is in any position to harp on about racial tension in Britain personally. 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'?

As for grouping, it's not my call. If only it was :)

Ethnicity is both self percveived and a descriptor. Pakistani's and Indians are after all the same race are they not? It's only in self perceivemnet that I would know whether someone is Indian or Pakistani would I not?

I guess this is something Indians in the UK should take up with the CRE (Commission for Racial Equality). Perhaps even the Black Police Associations as Asian as well as black officers are welcomed under that umbrella organisation. I'm not allowed to join it if I was a copper.

If a burglary occurs and they are sending out the description over Police radio's, what would they describe me as in India? Obviously, some posters will feel the need to give some slang names that are supposed to be funny.........

Scalieback

Professional
Yeah its like calling entire Europe doomed, by looking a Greece :p
Probably is,or at least the Euro. After Greece, it'll be Portugal, Spain then Italy ...... But then if I described Greeks as lay about, none tax paying, wastrels, I would be called raacist in the UK.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Merkel has had a huge election loss.

Cameron has also lost in bye elections.

Sarkozy has been ousted.

Berloscuni has bitten the dust inspite of his bungabunga parties!

Greece is as good as gone!

So Europe is on the roll.

European old guard is tottering.

Scalieback

Professional
Part of the answer lies here.
Okay, so until everyone has their self perceived ethnicity determined and there's a call on the Police radio looking for suspects; how do you describe the perpetrators?

Actually Pmaitra, I think the 'land of the free' where you live has far more racial tension than the UK. How do they describe Indians in America (not native Americans).

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well Ray Sir, all the criminals in this case happened to be Muslims and had Muslim sounding names. So anyone who knows the details of the case will know that.
True.

But if whites take to the streets, how will they know who is?

And who takes to the street? Not the educated or the intellectuals, but the lumpen lot. See ARRSE to see the white foot soldiers and the IQ! The Billingsgate Fish Market ruffians and no more. You can't expect them to differentiate. They would not even know who is Mongolian and who is a Patagonians or a man from Kamchatka! They will think its all Greek because beyond their comfort hole, everything is Mars!

Don't go by what I say. Visit that forum and see for yourself.

If you look at the tabloids and the forums of UK, they are dead scared to use the word, Pakistani, let alone Muslim.

They know that neither the Pakistanis nor the Muslim will sit back and take the crap.

A few bomb blasts and the white flag of PC goodness will be fluttering atop their houses!

They are well aware that the Pakistanis are a well organised lot and take no nonsense from whites or anyone else!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles