Ashdoc's short movie review---Tanu weds Manu returns

ashdoc

Country flag
The movie rests fairly and squarely of Kangana Ranaut's power packed performance....while in one avtar ( that of an england returned mod babe who has the chutzpah to divorce her husband on the flimsiest of reasons ) she displays a bold personality who wears temperature raising backless blouses and openly flirts with young men , in the other avtar ( that of a earthy girl from haryana who speaks in a rural accent and has come to delhi to train as an athlete ) she plays an outspoken and gutsy and good hearted person who has the guts to defy her backward family to fall in love....

....And you can only say that may the best of the two kangana's win the race for the best acting performance---for it is difficult to choose between the two , though the heart beats for the rural kangana who displays a bravery and a large heartedness that wins your heart....and she wins the heart of the hero ( madhavan ) too at least for a while....

Madhavan has been divorced from Tanu ( the england returned kangana ) and comes to delhi only to fall in love with this haryanvi girl ( datto ) who looks largely the same---except for the cut hair and the buck toothed appearance....
And wedding bells are about to ring for the two , for datto has the courage to fight with her family and villagers to win her love....and has the ability to triumph over their opposition....

And all this while what has tanu ( the england returned kangana ) been doing ?? well , she has been painting the town red with available guys including her old flames....
But who is going to tell tanu that divorce over trivial reasons is not done , and ultimately she must go back to her husband for she has not really gotten over him and in fact never will....and who is going to tell madhavan that his love for datto is nothing but his longing for his wife , for why has he chosen a girl who looks the same....who ??

In the midst of this , the other guys tanu has been flirting ( played by jimmy shergill and Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub ) with have got themselves into a heart losing situation with a tanu that they do not deserve , and datto has got her self into a heart breaking situation over a manu ( madhavan ) whom she will not get....
And such is kangana's acting that your heart goes out to datto....and if you are a guy ( like i am ) you want someone like datto to be in your life---someone who stands upto her ideals , and has the daring to fight the whole world for her lover....

I wish the movie was about only this , and it would have been a fine movie indeed....but the director crams a lot of corny situations and corny characters ( played by swara bhaskar and deepak dobriyal and eijaz khan ) and stupid incidents into the movie....and a lot of time is wasted in this nonsense....
Some parts of the movie are like a farce , and I am not a fan of farcical situations....

To me the best parts of the movie were when datto was around for they were memorably emotional , and I especially liked the ' old school girl ' english song that she sings in a haryanvi accent---been listening to it again and again and can't seem to let it go...

Rest of the movie does not match up , but it can still be watched for kangana as datto , or even as tanu....

Music is decent , and acting is the strong point of the movie---for it is good by everyone....
No great locations are filmed , and photography is only so so....does not seem like a big budget movie....

Okay for watching once....

Verdict---Decent .
Three stars .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles