Ashdoc's movie review---The ides of march

ashdoc

Country flag
Spoiler alert

Vow !! politics !!

All's fair in love and war---and also---politics......

I guess whoever invented this saying forgot to add politics to it.....

Well , I just learnt to add the third word to this saying.....

Luckily , I didnt learn it the hard way ; just saw a movie about it.....

Steven ( played by Ryan Gosling ) is press secretary to governor Morris ( played by George Clooney ), who is fighting an election for becoming president of USA.

But Steven does a mistake---a big one---as he finds out later.....

He agrees to meet an important guy working for the opposition candidate for a drink where he is offered to become press secretary for the opposing candidate .

He refuses , but the whole thing is a fixup.....

Its the opposition's ploy to kick him out of the campaign , as doubts are raised about his loyalty to his candidate , and Steven is kicked out....

Politics !! It can be dirty.....

.....And unlike me , Steven learns this the hard way.....

But his boss Morris has made a big....actually even bigger mistake than Ryan.....

Err....Its actually the same one that Bill Clinton did with Monica Lewinsky ( they never learn from the past do they ?? thats why they say history repeats itself )

But the mistake Morris has done is worse on two counts.....

For one thing he's done it before he becomes president....

And while Bill Clinton got only blowjobs from Lewinsky , Morris used the wrong ....well , err....wrong orifice for his sexual enjoyment , and got an intern pregnant

GOTCHA !!

Steven gets the perfect instrument to blackmail Morris to take him back as press secretary !!

So who's the nice guy here ??

Well , inspite of his blackmail , Steven is the nice guy....

After all , he's the one who tried to save Morris by getting the intern an abortion .

......And he has a thing for her ; kinda loves her ( who wouldn't ?? especially after a girl as gorgeous has her invites him to her bed .....)

But the moment his job is lost , he's not gonna give up the chance to get it back , using all available means ( meaning the girl's pregnancy )

As I just told you what I learnt tonight....

......All's fair in love , war , and......and politics , what else.....

Verdict--decent enough .

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles