Ashdoc's movie review---Talaash

ashdoc

Country flag
Mumbai......the bustling economic capital of a populous and rising nation.....

But at the heart of it there is a sea of sleaze---a den of prostitution and pimps and whoremongers and middlemen.....

These people lead lives of zero value and emptiness and nothingness....

No one cares if they are alive or dead.....

But what if one of them had the power to reach out and tell us about what happened to that person ??

TALAASH takes us into the heart of the city's forbidden zone---forbidden for those who want to lead respectable lives but a heaven for those freewheeling denizens who lead a bohemian life.....

A zone where the ladies of the night ape the look of New York's streetwalkers---tight tops and miniskirts with highheeled shoes....

And leading our foray into this nightworld is Amir Khan---the maestro of intelligent cinema.....

He is the stern and intense police officer investigating the accidental death of Bollywood's rising superstar---Armaan Kapoor......

And he has a right to be intense---for he and his wife ( Rani Mukherji ) are dealing with personal tragedy in the form of death of their son.....

And taking them into the heart of the investigation and also the heart of the forbidden zone is a beautiful streetwalker---Kareena Kapoor.....

But she's not looking more beautiful than Amir's wife Rani---for the director has the chutzpah to show Rani in low back blouses even in her grief , thus giving us glimpses of her sumptuous back.....

But while Rani is the simple yet elegant wife , it is Kareena who is the glamorous siren---and Amir is the lucky one who gets to spend time with both.....

But as I said , he's a brooding and intense man---and he's more bothered about the investigation than the charms of Kareena and even the pain of his aggrieved wife....

Ahh !! the investigation.....its a case that is hard to solve---a mystery in a riddle wrapped inside an enigma.....

.....And mysteries are what I like....the more difficult to solve the better....

But the icing on the cake is the conclusion---if the real mastery of the director is in solving a mystery in the most surprising manner possible then the film is a work of genius.....

So is it a work of genius ?? Go and watch the movie for that.....

The director's triumph has been in effortlessly blending Amir's personal life in the mystery of the film---and amidst all the tragedies and pain he manages bring both to a successful conclusion.....

Music is good too....

But it is Amir Khan who towers above all others in the film , dominating every scene and every space---once again his acting prowess is in top form.....

And when Amir is in top form the film is a must see.....

Verdict---dont miss it , and above all dont reveal the suspense to others.....

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
2nd half and suspense was disappointing

johnnyboy

I found this one engaging... but I guessed the ending just after the interval, and it turned out to be exactly the same!

ashdoc

Country flag
i forgot to add about the performance of nawazuddin siddiqui in the film . man grows in stature with every passing film . and is a master in playing underworld characters .

indian_sukhoi

Worth to watch it,...................Got to admit. I never saw that coming.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Thanks for the review but why the suspense killer (Son's death) :(

ashdoc

Country flag
Thanks for the review but why the suspense killer (Son's death) :(
thats not suspense killer as its clear from the start---suspense is in accident of rising star armaan kapoor .

Sabir

DFI TEAM
i forgot to add about the performance of nawazuddin siddiqui in the film . man grows in stature with every passing film . and is a master in playing underworld characters .
I am a fan of him since his small role in Black Friday.

amoy

Thanks to piracy I'd be able to see the movie and its name also seems "Once Upon A Time In Mumbai" :namaste:

I may say more after finishing it.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles