Ashdoc's movie review---Paranormal activity part 4

ashdoc

Country flag
Welcome to the fourth edition of the ' paranormal activity ' series---as also the least entertaining of them....

Having said this , let me say that I have a weakness for horror films . So I did try to eke out my share of enjoyment from this movie---and I must say I did succeed due to my weakness for this genre of movies because of which I like all of them ; though the same can't be said about other people....you may not be particularly impressed by this version , especially after the expectations raised by the earlier parts of the movie series .

So instead of a hand held video camera this time the shooting is done by the laptop camera of an attractive blonde young girl---all of fifteen and a virgin to boot....exactly the kind of person needed by the ghosts in the movie to bring to fruition their plans....

.....And the ghosts move in as their neighbors , with the woman among them promptly falling sick---forcing the young girls parents to take care of her young male kid....

The fun , or whatever is there of it , starts after the neighbor's boy moves in---as predictably strange things begin to happen....predictable because if they didn't happen then what would be the fun in the movie....??

....And the neighbor's boy has apparently been sent with a plan---to bond with the younger brother of the girl who is an adopted kid ; and to bring him into the ghosts' macabre fold....

So the movie moves on with the jolts and shocks coming at the appropriate places---a chandelier crashing down just short of the girl , a knife mysteriously going up and falling down just short ( again !! ) of a person....

The first half is better than the second half as the movie creates increasing tension as to what is going to happen in the end....

But the second half seems to be stretched too long ( this inspite of the movie being short ) as the same repetitive jolts occur again in it....

We begin to wait for the movie to be finished....

.....And finish it does with the complete ruin of a once happy family--- those who are useless killed off and those useful co-opted by force into the ghosts cult.....basically the same kind of thing that happened in the earlier parts of the movie---so whats new anyway ?? nothing....

Hopefully the ghosts shall stop moving onto new people and new houses--- as the genre is now getting repetitive and boring and pointless....

verdict---worth about 2 stars out of 5

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
doc does ghosts exists in real life? From point of view of doctor and your personal point of view. Thanks.

ashdoc

Country flag
doc does ghosts exists in real life? From point of view of doctor and your personal point of view. Thanks.
no , i dont believe in ghosts . but of course , dont ask me to live a full night all alone in an allegedly haunted house---i dont have the guts .

but i have visited so called ' haunted ' places even in the dead of night ( for example a cemetary said to be haunted ) and found nothing unsual there . and i have slept in allegedly haunted rooms all alone to find nothing unusual there .

for example , my maternal uncle in sangli bought a house there which came at a low price . only after buying it he came to know that a certain room in it was supposed to be haunted because a woman had hung herself to death there . the fact that she commited suicide in that room is true . her ghost was supposed to be living there and many people attested to its presence by telling various incidents . when i came to sangli i volunteered to sleep for a full week at night there . nothing happened throughout the entire week except for the fact that my fear meant that i used to sleep only fitfully at night .

after seeing horror movies i sometimes cant sleep well at night because of fearful thoughts . this happens only if the horror movie has been good and makes an impact .

of course , i have heard many horror stories in my lifetime . a man i knew from goa died due to shock because his married daughter left her husband and ran away with an older man who was twice her age .his ghost was supposed to be meeting people who knew him in his lifetime asking for his daughters whereabouts .

outside kolhapur on the goa kolhapur road there is supposed to be a stretch of road where either moterbikes' engines fail or people riding them are liable to ' feel ' the weight of an extra rider on their bikes at night .

when i was in pune walking towards pashan area at 12.00 at night my cousin phoned me on mobile . i told him which road i was walking on . he said , '' be careful this road is haunted at this time by the ghost of a woman who died in a road accident !!'' i spent next half hour in fear :laugh: of course nothing happened .

a particular spot in mumbai was supposed to be haunted because a man had been murdered brutally on the street there .

so many stories.....not a single confirmed to be true....

will tell more if i remember more.....

and yeah , dogs are supposed to howl more near places where ghosts are supposed to reside as they can detect them .

one uncle of mine beat his wife and then claimed that he had been possessed during the act and hence he committed it !!

and so on and so forth.....

indian_sukhoi

Iam sick of these bastards keep branding the movie saying "Based on a true story"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles