Ashdoc's movie review---Mission impossible 5 Rogue nation

ashdoc

Country flag
Tom Cruise returns---looking more handsome than ever even in his fifties....
But he is no James Bond , and does not get to sleep with the woman he likes....
This inspite of several undercurrents of attraction between him and Rebecca Ferguson....

And he is not invincible like James Bond either , depending upon a woman ( Rebecca , who else ) to save his life on a number of occasions in the film....
Yeah , I quite liked that angle---of a strong and capable but good looking woman playing an equal hand in getting the bad guys to book in the movie...

So who are the bad guys ?? They are the syndicate , a group of terrorists who are so stealthy that according to Tom's bosses they exists only in Tom's mind....and therefore not only is the organization that Tom works for disbanded and incorporated into the CIA , but Tom himself is declared to be a hunted man....

But Tom is a good man , and like a good man he has good friends...
And those good friends are ever ready to help him in his bad times....in short , they are willing to hunt for the syndicate with him....
And the hunt for the syndicate's agents leads on to Vienna to Morrocco to London....

As the hunt speeds up , so does the adrenaline pump up....
For this film is filled full of technowizradry and superactionpacked stunts and car chases and motorcycle sequences and mind blowing action....

And the good looking Rebecca is always by Tom's side as if she is his guardian angel....
Yeah , amidst all the high tech action I was on the lookout for a little low tech feeling called love , and I really wanted the two to be inseparable in the end....

But the audience had come for action , and the film did deliver on that part all too well....
That the action was without too much emotion did not matter , for it kept me hooked to my seat till the end....
....For the syndicate was on a no holds barred killing spree , not even sparing heads of state of nations....
And it was upto Tom and his bunch to stop the syndicate from getting their hands on such funds of money stored in banks that the acquisition of the funds would make the syndicate invincible....

So can they stop the bad guys ?? Watch the movie for that...

The photography of the stunts is terrific , and so are the special effects...
The one liners in the movie make it sound that the movie is mocking itself saying to us---this just for entertainment , don't take us too seriously....
But the entertainment---it does deliver on that seriously....
Once the fighting starts , it's breathless---to the point that Tom Cruise really has to hold his breath for a long time for one scene till he is almost dead....
Yes , death stares on many occasions to both the heroes and the villains....
And when death occurs , it is a bullet hitting bomb exploding motorcycle smashing car destroying death...

The high tech is all there---from identfying a person by analysing the way he walks on computer even though he is wearing a face mask , to musical instruments that pass through security checks but actually contain high calibre accurate rifles , to action scenes of Tom Cruise hanging onto the side of a plane....

Acting is good , by the actors who play the good guys . But the acting by the actors who play the bad guys is not so impressive . Overall , I was thoroughly entertained .

Verdict---Good .
Four stars .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
bhai @ashdoc
you do realise that you are giving a lot of 4 stars now a days. Baahubali, Drishyam and now this ....:biggrin2:

ashdoc

Country flag
bhai @ashdoc
you do realise that you are giving a lot of 4 stars now a days. Baahubali, Drishyam and now this ....:biggrin2:
you see , i see only the good movies---movies i have heard good things about .

i am not a professional reviewer to see even the bad movies . i dont get any money from these reviews , so why should i see the bad movies .

so i see only good movies and a lot of the movies i see will have high star rating . movies which deserve low rating---i dont bother to see them at all .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles