Ashdoc's movie review---Baaghi

ashdoc

Country flag
At last we have our very own Indian martial arts action hero---and he is none other than Tiger Shroff , the son of veteran actor Jackie Shroff . The stunts he can pull , the chops he can hit , the punches he can throw , and the flying kicks he can showcase would leave all the martial arts experts from the far east nations flummoxed .

And with the martial art form from the south Indian state of Kerala known as kalaripayattu , we have our own Indian martial arts form---something that has existed for centuries but Bollywood has discovered oh-so-late....

And when the two ( Tiger Shroff and kalaripayattu ) are mixed what we get is---super action !! Action that would leave all other action heroes from Bollywood far behind....

And Tiger Shroff has an amazing body too---every inch is sinew and muscle . The only thing he lacks as yet is---the fire in the eyes and anger in the soul , which was the hallmark of the acting of the ultimate martial arts icon Bruce Lee . Once he manages to get that , we could have our very own action superstar .

And an action star who can romance too---as Tiger does with Shraddha Kapoor . He is the rebel without a cause , sent by his dying father to his friend in Kerala . The friend is called as Guruswamy and is played by Grandmaster Shifuji Shaurya Bharadwaj . On the way in the picturesque journey to God's own country he falls in love with Shraddha , and she with him .

But her father has betrothed her to Sudheer Babu , who is Guruswamy's son---and thus a future clash is in the wings . But as if to prepare Tiger for the clash , Guruswamy ( who runs a martial arts school teaching kalaripayattu ) trains him personally in the art of physical combat...and the training for it is really really raw . Once the training is complete , Tiger is a literal fighting machine and can hit and beat anybody---except maybe Sudheer Babu , Guruswamy's own son .

And the two have to come to blows over Shraddha , for she is that good....sweet and delicate and luscious . So good that I dreamt of being the third party in the clash for Shraddha ...maybe I could get her for myself....

But before the two come to blows , Sudheer Babu has to contend with the opposition to his marriage with Shraddha of his own father Guruswamy , who does not want him to force himself on a woman . So how does he deal with his own father ? And what is the outcome of the clash between the two contenders for the girl ? Watch the movie for the answers....

The movie moves from Kerala to Bangkok , with glimpses of romance in the virtual sea of action . Whenever the two lovers meet there is rain , and whenever there is rain it is a signal that the two lovers are going to meet !! Which gives us a relief from the non stop action . Sunil Grover acts as Shraddha's father and he gives us does of some really well acted comedy in between .

Acting wise , the movie cannot be called great....but who cares....Sudheer Babu and his various sidekicks ( all killers ) are mean , Tiger is tough , Shraddha is beautiful and Kerala is even more beautiful !! Music and songs are only decent not great , and photography is okay .

Verdict---Good .

Three stars .

ashdoc

Country flag
what happened to grandmaster shifuji shaurya bharadwaj . is he a fraud or is he for real ?

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
A must see if Shraddha is there! For me, she's the cutest heroine in Bollywood!!

I love her singing too. check this out....

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
what happened to grandmaster shifuji shaurya bharadwaj . is he a fraud or is he for real ?
commando deepak dubey aka commando TRAINER deepak dubey aka shifuji aka grandmaster shifuji aka MAJOR shaurya bharadwaj aka 'just' shaurya bharadwaj, you mean.....

there was a kind of sting op on him too recently i think (by india today print mag?). now his name is being roasted on youtube & his 'students'/supporters busy in defending him this time with some surprising politeness.

armyofhind

Country flag
Fraud for claiming that he has served in the military and now trains the army.

Already a case filed against him by veterans association for making false claims and falsely using military insignia like the Balidaan badge.

Horushmar.

Fraud for claiming that he has served in the military and now trains the army.

Already a case filed against him by veterans association for making false claims and falsely using military insignia like the Balidaan badge.
I hate people who give themselves military(fake) titles and designations for their business like those guys who claim to be former SEAL members.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles