Ashdoc's movie review---1920 Evil returns

ashdoc

Country flag
The perils of seeing a horror movie in a virtually empty theater......

........No one beside you to hold your hand when you are supposed to shiver in terror......

I experienced that today......

And presumably the producers and distributers are experiencing the perils of virtually empty theaters too.....for it means the movie is a FLOP......

And the joys of seeing vulnerable delicate young girls like Tia Bajpai being persecuted by evil exploitative men.....I experienced that too today.......

In fact this is the third time I experienced the joy of Tia Bajpai being harrassed by bad men after her performance in films like HAUNTED 3D and LANKA.....

.......And I must say she has perfected the act of a cute young girl held in bondage by lusty men or spirits against her will---so much so that I would like to see her being exploited.....err , persecuted by more men in other films in future......:taunt::laugh:

So her cuteness arrives at Aftab Shivdasani's sprawling house near Shimla in the state of being possessed by a spirit that has taken over her body.....

And Aftab falls in love with her much to the chagrin of his sister ( played by Vidya Malavade ) and Tia too reciprocates......

But Aftab is still brooding for the loss of his ex lady love whom he has loved through letters but has never seen---a fact that prevents him from consummating his and Tia's romance in bed ( though it does not prevent him from planting a sumptuous kiss on Tia's lips )......

And Tia's body may have been taken over by the spirit , but her mind and most importantly her heart still beats for a long lost love.....

It is upto Aftab to pull her out of the ghost's malignant influence.....

So can he do that ?? And who are the past loves of Tia and Aftab ? What is their impact on the storyline ?? Go and watch the film for that.......if you can.....for I didnt feel it was particularly great......

The first half is decent with some chills and shocks that make your hair stand on end.....

But the second half involves exorcism of the ghost from Tia's body......and inspite of all the howling and screeching sounds coming from her mouth and all the jumping and pumping up and down of her body , you dont feel terrorised at all......

Aftab looks decent enough with a stubble that makes you feel that he is still pining for his lost lady love of real life---none other that Esha Deol (no , she's not in the film and now she's dumped him and married Bharat Takhtani )......

Photography and the setting of the film in the time of British rule in 1920 is really good---all candlelights in grand and dark mansions and coaches driven by hairyhooved healthy horses.......

But I still was not particularly impressed.....

Verdict---not good .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles