Aselsan leo2a4 upgarde program video

Vladimir79

Professional
Sounds a little out of the grasp of Aselsan ATM. They only recently figured how to modernize Leo1s.

fighter_35

Sounds a little out of the grasp of Aselsan ATM. They only recently figured how to modernize Leo1s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJVMURkVI5o&feature=related

in ths video , the volkan fire system introduction which is used for leopard 1s is represented...

with the volkan system i our leopard 1s had up to 95 percent hit capability at the firs fire while moving its maximum speed and up to 85-90 percent in the night.. this ratio was 25 and 20 percent!!!!!!!

http://www.habervakti.com/?id=18533&page=news_details

Last edited:

Vladimir79

Professional
Considering Aselsan depends on Elbit for JV work, don't see how they can come up with a system like NG. They even lost to Elbit in the Azeri upgrade tender. Turkey losing to Israel in Azerbaijan is supreme slap in the face.

fighter_35

Considering Aselsan depends on Elbit for JV work, don't see how they can come up with a system like NG. They even lost to Elbit in the Azeri upgrade tender. Turkey losing to Israel in Azerbaijan is supreme slap in the face.
i do not care the azeries , i also think that they mahe us slower in politic arena,,
and the tender is theri choice they know better , but in tank modernization aselsan is one of the leader companies in this job... in near future you will see the aselsan reality , which is about 2015 -2016

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Mzeo8aEQ8

THE SAME FCS WILL BE USED FOR THE ALTAY PROJECT ( NEW GENERATION MAIN BATTLE TANK PROGRAM OF TURKISH ARMED FORCES)
AND ALSO ARMOURE WILL BE THE INDIGENIUS TOO ...
Can you tell us more about the ALTAY MBT project? I have heard several reports in Pakistani forums saying that Turkey has offered Pakistan a joint cooperation offer on this project and that Pakistani government is studying the proposal. Also Azerbaijan has considered cooperating with Turkey and Pakistan more these days than traditional partner Russia in terms of planning for Turkish APCs, heavy land vehicles, possibly tanks and even the Sino-Pak FC-1 fighters.

Is the ALTAY partnership part correct?

fighter_35

some people interested in defense say that you talked about but there is no official information about it.... but in the visit of abdullah gul ,president, to pakistan . it is said that turkey will buy jf-17s from pakistan and modernize them and sell them to the azerbaijann... and turkey also modernize pakistan f-16 falcons

Vladimir79

Professional
i do not care the azeries , i also think that they mahe us slower in politic arena,,
and the tender is theri choice they know better , but in tank modernization aselsan is one of the leader companies in this job... in near future you will see the aselsan reality , which is about 2015 -2016
You don't care about the Azeri yet they are your only client state. How is Aselsan a world leader in tank modernization when they haven't exported a single tank modernization? The annual revenue for the entire company is only $643 million. You lost the most obvious export destination for your tank upgrade, if you can't win with your only "inseperable brothers", who can you win with?

fighter_35

You don't care about the Azeri yet they are your only client state. How is Aselsan a world leader in tank modernization when they haven't exported a single tank modernization? The annual revenue for the entire company is only $643 million. You lost the most obvious export destination for your tank upgrade, if you can't win with your only "inseperable brothers", who can you win with?
if you remember , aselsan had no experience in air defense systems too, and now look at the holland army ... ı am talking about the kms system... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VomtL0X374

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8RNNcsAbHc here you can see the aselsan stinger launcher system which is exported to holland..

believe me in near future you will see what ı am talking about , this is not only my thinkings ....

Last edited:

fighter_35

if you remember , aselsan had no experience in air defense systems too, and now look at the netherlans army ... ı am talking about the kms system... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VomtL0X374

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8RNNcsAbHc here you can see the aselsan stinger launcher system which is exported to netherlans..

believe me in near future you will see what ı am talking about , this is not only my thinkings ....

Vladimir79

Professional
if you remember , aselsan had no experience in air defense systems too, and now look at the netherlans army ... ı am talking about the kms system...
They sold 18 pedestal mounts in a JV with Raytheon for $23m, Aselsan doesn't make the missile or the launcher. The value for Turkey was less than $10 million.

I know exactly what the Turkish defence industry is, a collection of Joint Ventures relying on offsets for export work. It will be far longer than the near future before anything comes of it. Exports totaled $500 million last year when Turkey is importing $1.2 billion.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
some people interested in defense say that you talked about but there is no official information about it.... but in the visit of abdullah gul ,president, to pakistan . it is said that turkey will buy jf-17s from pakistan and modernize them and sell them to the azerbaijann... and turkey also modernize pakistan f-16 falcons
Thanks for the info. But about the FC-1 part, I don't understand what modernization can you possibly make other than avionics, radars and EW suits and if you have your own A2G/AAM missiles, that. Because to add features like low observability, low IR signature, it should have been made in composite materials and also some serious re-designing is needed. But its a good start for a tri-lateral cooperation. I've been noticing Azerbaijan recently warming up to Pakistan a lot since their leaders visited Islamabad and the hue and cry Pakistanis make on their forum about the visit. Considering the decibel levels of the news, I was thinking that some serious deals are underway. Turkey has a smart plan to consider modernizing FC-1 for third party fourth party clients. But then has Turkey signed tri-lateral MoU with both Pakistan and China?

I doubt without Chinese clearance, that sort of changes can be made and re-exported and China calls the shots in this project since Pakistan only provided the money. Engines (Russian for now), mission computers, digital systems, design, structure, radars etc were all Chinese efforts with little or no Pakistani participation. I may be wrong but no Pakistani till date has ever been able to explain the level of contribution their engineers have made in this project and often this question of mine is met with retort about Tejas's American engine.

fighter_35

They sold 18 pedestal mounts in a JV with Raytheon for $23m, Aselsan doesn't make the missile or the launcher. The value for Turkey was less than $10 million.

I know exactly what the Turkish defence industry is, a collection of Joint Ventures relying on offsets for export work. It will be far longer than the near future before anything comes of it. Exports totaled $500 million last year when Turkey is importing $1.2 billion.
man, aselsan took 18 milion dolars from kms agrement, and the launcher and all the other parts were produced and designed by aselsan only like aselsan ıgla launcher,,, believe it or not ı do not care , and turkey exporrted more than 800 million dolars in 2009 and ı do not know imports but national revenue was more tahn 2.3 billion dolars and national contribution was 46 percent , this was 23,5 percent in 2004 , and in 2011 it will exceed the 50 percent and after the 2015 it wil reach 70 percent cos we will start to produce our own engines ... and in missile defense systems
turkey will devolop and produce its own low and medium altitude missile systems ...

Vladimir79

Professional
man, aselsan took 18 milion dolars from kms agrement, and the launcher and all the other parts were produced and designed by aselsan only like aselsan ıgla launcher,,, believe it or not ı do not care
The majority of the contract was for stock Stinger missiles and digitized launchers from Raytheon. Aselsan doesn't make igla launchers, it makes the pedestal mount which is the same thing the Stingers went onto. You don't even know what they make.

turkey exporrted more than 800 million dolars in 2009 and ı do not know imports but national revenue was more tahn 2.3 billion dolars and national contribution was 46 percent , this was 23,5 percent in 2004 ,
Turkey exported $500 million in defence products and $300 million in civil aerospace. That is your $800 million. If national defence revenue is $2.3 billion and $500 million are exports, then national contribution is 78%. It is good that the government is supporting domestic defence industry, but don't let it go to your head that you are some major player.

and in 2011 it will exceed the 50 percent and after the 2015 it wil reach 70 percent cos we will start to produce our own engines ... and in missile defense systems
turkey will devolop and produce its own low and medium altitude missile systems ...
If you hit 100% you won't have any exports. That is not the goal. The correct balance is 50/50 exports and domestic procurement which Russia is shooting for now. Currently the balance is 60/40 exports. By 2015 Turkey will be increasing imports to $2 billion a year which it will gain growth in offset work.

fighter_35

The majority of the contract was for stock Stinger missiles and digitized launchers from Raytheon. Aselsan doesn't make igla launchers, it makes the pedestal mount which is the same thing the Stingers went onto. You don't even know what they make.

Turkey exported $500 million in defence products and $300 million in civil aerospace. That is your $800 million. If national defence revenue is $2.3 billion and $500 million are exports, then national contribution is 78%. It is good that the government is supporting domestic defence industry, but don't let it go to your head that you are some major player.

If you hit 100% you won't have any exports. That is not the goal. The correct balance is 50/50 exports and domestic procurement which Russia is shooting for now. Currently the balance is 60/40 exports. By 2015 Turkey will be increasing imports to $2 billion a year which it will gain growth in offset work.
you are misundersdtoood me at that subject ı mean turkey armed forces need the equipments about 4 bilion dolars per year ( just arm needs) and 46 of that needs are supplied by the national firms...
whatever , ı trust my information and ı write what ı know about current situation about turkish defense industry..

Vladimir79

Professional
That 46% is going to drop drastically once the big import orders start coming in. F-35s, A-129s, outfitting the Milgem corvettes, PAC-3 batteries, and all that South Korean kit. By 2015, import spending will increase by an addition $1 billion. The total of Turkish supplied systems will fall to 25%.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles