Army scraps the world's largest assault rifle tender

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
When DG CRPF dumps their weapon - there is no chest thumping ... No campaigns, no Rudalies but the moment army finds faults with their machines there is hue and cry, tamsha, Unioinism, pleas, blackmail and allrgations of "foreign mal", commission and corruption.... name calling to Generals in every sentence ... Ah

These guys think army is their slave .... !! Loosers...:india:
INSAS was designed for IA as per specific input from them for a 5.56 mm longer range accurate firing which is a must have for classic infantry campaign. AK 47 is no match for INSAS in this area.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...use-india-s-insas-rifles/article1-534688.aspx
Even Oman imported INSAS from India.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...use-india-s-insas-rifles/article1-534688.aspx
if the INSAS is so poor how could it pass the Oman army evaluation?

If CPRF doesn't need such high range engagement and prefer a AK 47 type that is not accurate at that range but fires bigger rounds in close engagements , then it is an entirely different case.Why? CPRF is not built for classic infantry batles, it faces close range terror encounters where the need to pump longer dia bullets in full auto is the primary need.

You are repeatedly provoking others with the use of gutter phrases like "Rudali" and all other crap ,even when no one is personally accusing you. Why are you always the first guy to start these type of personal abuses.

After a while the other guy has no option but to strike back leading to derailment of the thread. Is that what you want?

All foreign maal presently with IA has more complaints that are truly unresolvable.

Atleast IA can consult with DRDO, OFB and rectify the faults. not the case with "Lions of bobylons".

The problems with T-90 and repeatedly failing russian air to air and ground to air missiles in random trials are also routine. And no one in the world will provide any solution for them. Why? Because no one built them as per IA's varying requirements.

recent folding up of multi cal tender simply shows that.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Does that mean MCIWS project is also scrapped by the Army?
That will remain a "Technology demonstrations Project" what every failed project is called by DRDO or may be they carry on with it to export it to Fizi or Burkina Faso for free.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
INSAS was designed for IA as per specific input from them for a 5.56 mm longer range accurate firing which is a must have for classic infantry campaign. AK 47 is no match for INSAS in this area.
Even Oman imported INSAS from India.
if the INSAS is so poor how could it pass the Oman army evaluation?

If CPRF doesn't need such high range engagement and prefer a AK 47 type that is not accurate at that range but fires bigger rounds in close engagements , then it is an entirely different case.Why? CPRF is not built for classic infantry batles, it faces close range terror encounters where the need to pump longer dia bullets in full auto is the primary need.

You are repeatedly provoking others with the use of gutter phrases like "Rudali" and all other crap ,even when no one is personally accusing you. Why are you always the first guy to start these type of personal abuses.

After a while the other guy has no option but to strike back leading to derailment of the thread. Is that what you want?

All foreign maal presently with IA has more complaints that are truly unresolvable.

Atleast IA can consult with DRDO, OFB and rectify the faults. not the case with "Lions of bobylons".

The problems with T-90 and repeatedly failing russian air to air and ground to air missiles in random trials are also routine. And no one in the world will provide any solution for them. Why? Because no one built them as per IA's varying requirements.

recent folding up of multi cal tender simply shows that.
Indian Army is not Oman Army .... so relax and do not get boiled up. Indian Army knows what it wants. Change of requirements is not a phenomenon that occurs only with Indian army. That is good thing lest your shops close and your learning curve stops.

The language you write is also foreign maal and every thing you make indigenously always have more than 60 per cent foreign maal making the cost of item more than imported maal.

I have stated the facts only and I know those are not palatable.

Last edited:

kaku

Country flag
That will remain a "Technology demonstrations Project" what every failed project is called by DRDO or may be they carry on with it to export it to Fizi or Burkina Faso for free.
One question, how the super duper foreign Assault Rifles (all) failed to meet GSQR?

Shadow

Country flag
Can someone clarify,whether the rifle the soldier is holding in this pic,is excalibur or not?
11703061_745089338954121_8303695914818171922_n.png

Hari Sud

Country flag
Kunal Biswas the proponent of MCIWS in this forum has gone completely quite. This rejection of a foreign rifles is an earthmoving news, still Kunal is out of this discussion.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Guys, army is yet to find AR which will suit its needs in our conditions and our doctrine, since they dont want local stuff. Looks like IA will be making their own rifle now.

pmaitra

Guys, army is yet to find AR which will suit its needs in our conditions and our doctrine, since they dont want local stuff. Looks like IA will be making their own rifle now.
Sir, let's look at the silver lining. At least now the Army is acknowledging that their expectations were unrealistic.

I don't know how we can have a marksman's rifle and a CQB rifle all bundled into one. I am not a great fan of having a wide variety of weapons, as it becomes a logistics nightmare, yet, we need to have dedicated rifles for different roles. INSAS is great for the regular infantryman. The Kalashnikov family is good for COIN. Bullpups (Tavor, etc.) are good for heliborne and armoured vehicle borne troops. The MCIWS is a step in the right direction, as it tries to mitigate some of the problems with logistics.

Last edited:

DingDong

Country flag
Indian Army is not Oman Army .... so relax and do not get boiled up. Indian Army knows what it wants. Change of requirements is not a phenomenon that occurs only with Indian army. That is good thing lest your shops close and your learning curve stops.

The language you write is also foreign maal and every thing you make indigenously always have more than 60 per cent foreign maal making the cost of item more than imported maal.

I agree, DRDO and OFB need to be more sensitive and at times "innovative" to satisfy the requirements of the IA. But this is also true that all organizations including IA have a habit of doing clip-paste job from multiple "foreign sources" while drafting their requirement documents.

sob

Mod
Country flag
@DingDong when a RFI is made whether it is in the Army or any PSU or for the matter any Pvt. organisation they look around the Industry or their field of expertise and see what are the best practices followed.

Or in most of the circumstances a very good marketing person would have fed them the specifications of his product which if acceptable is simply put down in the RFI. This is not something unique to our Armed Forces.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

may be Oman Army does not expect bribes and settled for the best product for the cost!!!

All of a sudden IA has decided to come on board make in India with Excalibur. Having Parrikar as DM helps a lot!!!!

Well if ordered in enough quantities most of the imported sub systems will be substituted with local sub assemblies as times go by. It is certainly not the case with fully imported weapons. They will say no manufacturer's warranty if you tinker even with outer paint.

I know what is fact. I dont need your assistance to spot that.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Kunal Biswas the proponent of MCIWS in this forum has gone completely quite. This rejection of a foreign rifles is an earthmoving news, still Kunal is out of this discussion.
Long time no see, Why Kunal?

Going out for some air, Will not be able to see much on the forum for next few weeks will bring some nice pics when back, Take care friends & Bye .. :)
Not even a single post?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I am indeed extremely glad ... Indian Army's acceptance is more than ISO certification for any system to be world class ... even if it is primitive AR...

Come on guys it is only an AR and not 5G fighter or reusable pace craft . it is not a good state of affairs that we are being jubilant abut Assault Rifle, an item commonly used in second world war - 1945 on wards. This now 2015 ...

Nevertheless well done COAS ...

Now that AR hurdle seems to be over, work on LMG, Carbines and pistols ... and a sniper rifle if you can! But do not take next 60 years ....

If items are acceptable, it will be accepted by IA like Dhanush or many other items.

User trails and user feedback are yet to come ...... Then production lines, Quality control and users experience..

Delhi door ast.....

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Yes sir, Arrmy can do it and may be better than many but you will have to take VRS and being unemployed join the Army to be on the front line ... it is so simple. :shoot:

Army is user - they want stuff to do their job - it being user is least concerned if the stuff is local , DRDO/OFB made or made in Pakistan / Bangladesh. When you all say "Desi Mal" what you mean is OFB mal ... as monopolist. Now Desi is not IPR of DRDO or OFB ... Desi also means from Mahindra, L&T, TATA or Reliance or someone else from Ludhiana or Hyderabad. For me desi means maximum Indian components and at 1/3 of the world market price. 80 percent components being foreign and doing nut bolt job is not Desi... it is being Comprador...

But those are the concerns of the higher national leadership not ours.

Desi or Videshi is none of the concern of the DRDO / OFB or the Army. These are users and producers and should have simple market relations ( buyer and supplier relations) with each other.

You are no one do dictate policies... so does the Army....

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
may be Oman Army does not expect bribes and settled for the best product for the cost!!!

All of a sudden IA has decided to come on board make in India with Excalibur. Having Parrikar as DM helps a lot!!!!

Well if ordered in enough quantities most of the imported sub systems will be substituted with local sub assemblies as times go by. It is certainly not the case with fully imported weapons. They will say no manufacturer's warranty if you tinker even with outer paint.

I know what is fact. I dont need your assistance to spot that.
I think you are too enamoured with bribes which you use in every sentence and every post...

How much have you got so far.. if I may ask ..??

Stop that mudslinging ... I am OK ..You are Not Ok.. syndrome..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles