Army officers clash with cops over senior's arrest

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
As per the highway rules road signs are a MUST.

There is nothing like assumed.

Some other

Sir, their is some basic human understanding that you don't park in front of police station or any other emergency services like hospitals, fire brigade, ambulance driveway, etc.
Their is no traffic signs there but you do it for the society. Its just like you don't park in middle of busy traffic intersection, you don't want to cause inconvenience to others.

indiatester

Country flag
Sir, their is some basic human understanding that you don't park in front of police station or any other emergency services like hospitals, fire brigade, ambulance driveway, etc.
Their is no traffic signs there but you do it for the society. Its just like you don't park in middle of busy traffic intersection, you don't want to cause inconvenience to others.
As you know.... assumption is the mother of all -----up's.
No parking in front of police stations must be properly marked. I as a civilian wouldn't know without a board.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That maybe so. but then rules are rules. Or don't have the rules.

In countries there are markings on the road that prevent one from stopping at intersections.

In hospitals, etc, there are clear markings that indicate you cannot park in 'emergency' areas and is for ambulances alone.

Are you aware the car to the right has the 'right of way'? How many truckers or bus drivers or taxi drivers know that?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I would not jump to conclusions so soon.
I have been to police station a few times because I was the president of my society and we had to raise a few cases.
The police are almost always arrogant and unnecessarily aggressive.
The no parking in front is informed only after you park and go in and there is usually no board informing visitors.

Given my prejudice, I'd be on the army's side on this one.
Agreed.

Indian police is almost entirely consisting of thugs. All reasoning is lost on them for aam aadmi..when khas aadmi comes they curl up like kittens.

I even doubt that car was parked infront of gate because its the police version.

DingDong

Country flag
As long as these army men are wearing the uniform they have no right to become vigilantes. Law and Order is a state subject and the Police is the correct enforcement agency. Even if the Police officers were at fault, ransacking the police station which is government property was completely wrong and ILLEGAL. What were they thinking?

Truth is that in India all men in uniform thing that laws are made for the common people and not for them, this was a battle of ego.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As long as these army men are wearing the uniform they have no right to become vigilantes. Law and Order is a state subject and the Police is the correct enforcement agency. Even if the Police officers were at fault, ransacking the police station which is government property was completely wrong and ILLEGAL. What were they thinking?

Truth is that in India all men in uniform thing that laws are made for the common people and not for them, this was a battle of ego.
I am afraid I would disagree with your contention that I have put in BOLD.

The vast majority are law abiding. It is the few that act idiotic thanks to the egalitarianism that has been enforced in the Services by political pressures and influences. But I agree this scourge is spreading because strict action is frowned upon and not encouraged because of the mindset that is being directly and indirectly influenced by society, liberals, and politicians. both in the rank and file and the commanders.

One is more concerned about 'welfare' and less about operational need. If 'welfare', which is now practically mollycoddling, is overlooked and there is a flap, it will be in the headline. Then the head of the organisation's head will under under the guillotine. So, all this is goes against enforcing discipline.

Take the case of the unit where the CO tried to enforce Rifle Cleaning which is absolutely necessary for the weapon serviceability. The Clerks (who think they are next to God) revolted as if they are only there to type and not be soldiers. This hit the headlines. There was a stink with the Defence Ministry breathing down the neck and possibly the Brass wilting for their own personal gains in later life.

Law is made for all. But if is also a truism that the Police, because of political patronage, think they are God's Own Gonads with the Sun Shining out of their Posterior.

Have you not seen police vehicle driving by the wrong side up One Way Streets or parking in No Entry areas.

The Law applies to them too. But they set the wrong precedence, as do everyone who is someone and that leads to the idea that all this is par for the course if you are someone or have something to do with an organisation that is normally given the Nelson's Eye.

Those who are not someone, but the common chap, gets to do things wrong, but ensures safety with the ever welcomed bribe and no policeman says no to it.

The whole system is corrupt, cockeyed and for the privileged.

That has to change.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles