Army officer goes missing in Spain

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
A special forces officer, who was serving as an Aide de Camp (ADC) to the Arunachal Pradesh governor, has been declared an "absconder" by the Indian Army after he went missing while on a vacation in Spain in August.

Army sources said that Major Sharyf Bhonsle had gone to Spain allegedly without informing the authorities concerned about it.

He had taken leave in June and was supposed to report back on duty in August but he did not, they said.

Army officer goes missing in Spain, declared absconder - The Times of India

Blackwater

his personal choice to get cosy cosy with spanish senorita and get settle there:lol::lol::lol:

boris

Country flag
Is he actually alive, or done away with by the Chinese spooks ?
Know the guy well, no news till now. He is a respected officer, pretty weird why this has happened. His senior from his unit is also a friend, being a sensitive matter, I haven't asked him about any other details.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Know the guy well, no news till now. He is a respected officer, pretty weird why this has happened. His senior from his unit is also a friend, being a sensitive matter, I haven't asked him about any other details.
Adding nothing to the thread, but do you remember "The Man Who Never Was"? Events took place in Spain.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Keep us updated (to the extent possible).

boris

Country flag
Adding nothing to the thread, but do you remember "The Man Who Never Was"? Events took place in Spain.
Don't know about that but thanks, I shall look into it.

I am here after a long time, how are you sir?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Don't know about that but thanks, I shall look into it.

I am here after a long time, how are you sir?
As plans got under way for the Allied invasion of Sicily in June 1943, British counter-intelligence agent Ewen Montagu masterminded a scheme to mislead the Germans into thinking the next landing would occur in Greece. The innovative plot was so successful that the Germans moved some of their forces away from Sicily, and two weeks into the real invasion still expected an attack in Greece. This extraordinary operation called for a dead body, dressed as a Royal Marine officer and carrying false information about a pending Allied invasion of Greece, to wash up on a Spanish shore near the town of a known Nazi agent.
http://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Never-Was-Counterintelligence/dp/1557504482

Operation Mincemeat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles