Army jawans attack Railway Police station in Kathua

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Army jawans attack Railway Police station in Kathua, six policemen injured: Sources

Srinagar: Army jawans in uniform and with weapons led by a Colonel attacked a railway police station in Kashmir and injured six policemen on Monday night, sources have told NDTV.
The jawans, numbering 35, belong to the 225 field regiment stationed at Janglote in the Kathua district.

The reason for the attack was apparently an argument between one of the jawans and a railway policeman. The jawan was heading home on leave. He went back to the base and informed his colleagues and superiors, who then attacked the police station.

They beat several of the policemen, one of whom is critical.
Others waiting at the station, fearing injuries, ran away in panic, police sources said.

The Army has refused to comment on the matter so far.

Blackwater

Army jawans attack Railway Police station in Kathua, six policemen injured: Sources

Srinagar: Army jawans in uniform and with weapons led by a Colonel attacked a railway police station in Kashmir and injured six policemen on Monday night, sources have told NDTV.
The jawans, numbering 35, belong to the 225 field regiment stationed at Janglote in the Kathua district.

The reason for the attack was apparently an argument between one of the jawans and a railway policeman. The jawan was heading home on leave. He went back to the base and informed his colleagues and superiors, who then attacked the police station.

They beat several of the policemen, one of whom is critical.
Others waiting at the station, fearing injuries, ran away in panic, police sources said.

The Army has refused to comment on the matter so far.
using army to settle personnel score. i think its a serious issue.IA is not above law, you see

Dixit13

the jawan pull the plug of metal detector for charging his cell phone .......rofl ;)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I wonder what Police guy told Army chap or at what extend this gone to let happen such incident ..

Oracle

I wonder what Police guy told Army chap or at what extend this gone to let happen such incident ..
In Indian Army, even the soldiers are a disciplined lot. In police, no one is disciplined or honest. To re-new my passport I had to go to the SP office, Guwahati. Since I did not have time, I asked him directly if he wanted something. The SP said he needs nothing. The police report did not reach the passport office on time. I had to cancel my flights. I then asked the peon of the SP office about the next course of action. That bloody SP wasted 2 of my days and took bribe as well, just that the bribe reached him from the lower levels of his office and he wanted everybody to get a share, including him. Waste of time, money and my patience. There are times I wish I had a gun for all these kinds of social ills. But then there would be no difference between me and criminals.

I don't believe this report. I actually don't believe in any of these kinds of reports. One sided and biased.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Is this the same case reported by one TV channel where a Jawan unplugged the security scanner so that he could charge his mobile and then the altercation happened?

If that is true then it is wrong of the Jawan and action should be taken.

And if that brought the rest to thrash the police, then action should be taken and if the CO was leading, then there should be a C of I, facts ascertained and the CO put out in the cold.

I wonder why all this lawlessness is happening in the Army.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Its not using but its IA itself..

Last time i know personally, Police as pimp for pros got beaten by Army chaps..
Now, what was the Army doing in an area of prostitutes?

We used to have boards in our time clearly indicating "Out of Bounds for Military Personnel" and if someone was desperate and went, but got caught, there was hell to pay!

Police are pimps, not only as you say for prostitutes, but also pimps to cover up all errors of the high and mighty and that is also pimping!

Oracle

We used to have boards in our time clearly indicating "Out of Bounds for Military Personnel" and if someone was desperate and went, but got caught, there was hell to pay!

Police are pimps, not only as you say for prostitutes, but also pimps to cover up all errors of the high and mighty and that is also pimping!
Sir,

This is a known fact. Brothels are manly visited by soldiers and not officers (they have quarters where they stay on with their wives), who stay away from their families for months together, sometimes years. Even they need to have some entertainment. I don't see anything wrong with that. I am not judging, but then I don't do prostitutes either.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
the reports are coming from NDTV not some in house Kashmiri Journal ,

This doesn't sound like a case of one sided reporting

Any case of altercation between the local police and IA is disgraceful

Proper inquiry into the matter should be undertaken , and if the Col. or IA jawans are found to be in the wrong ,

They should be punished.

Oracle

/\/\/\ While I do not deny that IA might be at fault, we have occurrences, many of them, where the Police is always at fault. Common sense would always point fingers at the Police. I don't write BS, I quote things I have experienced - out there, on the field.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
From the article :

police sources said.

"We asked the Army jawan that let us sit and talk, but the Army jawans cordoned the police station and picked up our munshi at gun point and took him to his unit. All the Army jawans came to the station with weapons, this crated a lot of panic there, all the passengers ran helter-skelter, the railway staff also ran away. The local shopkeepers say such a state of panic was created that they closed the shops and ran away, the station had reached a point, that seemed that there will be firing now, six of our policemen were injured, one of them is critical, the Army men who had come there also included senior officers," said Shiv Kumar Khajuria, Senior Superintendent of Police, Government Railway Police, Kathua.

Cases have been registered against the Armymen for allegedly beating up and injuring the cops, police officials said.
The Police source is not a Kashmiri Muslim but a Hindu ,

I can't see why he would make such a comment with the intent of maligning the Army if there isn't any truth in the matter.

Oracle

When push comes to shove and fear reigns, all that we do is to resort to lies. Does not matter which religion one belongs to.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
/\/\/\ Common sense would always point fingers at the Police. I don't write BS, I quote things I have experienced - out there, on the field.
Common sense would require one to look into the matter without any preconceived notion or bias .

Oracle

Common sense would require one to look into the matter without any preconceived notion or bias .
I thought I was on your ignore list, since I gave you that idea myself and you boasted about that openly. What happened?

Common sense comes from experience on the field, not by going through reports on the media.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
I thought I was on your ignore list, since I gave you that idea myself and you boasted about that openly. What happened?

Common sense comes from experience on the field, not by going through reports on the media.
You still are . . . Sadly the DFI spy still lets me read your whimsical rants

seems to me u r suggesting that u r the only one who has any experience of being on the field in this world .

How long you have u spent in Kashmir b t w ?

the Army in Kashmir has enjoyed unbridled power for more then two decades now ,

perfect recipe to turn even the most disciplined force brazen and arrogant

I didn't know Common sense dictates that one should pass judgements sitting in a room with out even having to hear both sides.

How about putting that chilam aside for a change ?

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Sir, It was in Kolkata park-street Incident..

Madras regt back from hi altitude and that night was new year where in tantra Regular looking girls turned out to be pros attached with bouncers and local police..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles