Armored Personnel Carriers & Infantry Fighting Vehicles

JBH22

Major tradeoff: almost nil protection against IEDs.
These are used by Special Forces who are usually themselves on ambush mission so IED risk is minimal.
There is a documentary on you tube British SAS Pathfinders on hunt of Talibans using this type of vehicle gives them more flexibility to carry ammo,food etc

In fact COIN units like Rashtriya Rifles or CRPF COBRA can use these vehicles while hunting their prey they are then to be resupplied by Helicopters

Assume we implement Cold Start and take control of smaller towns close to the international border, yes, we'll need these.
As per the manufacturer it'll carry only 5troops but then its better than having nothing...

Well i like this vehicle BPM-97 would be great for BSF jawans patrolling Border areas fit it with 12.7mm HMG

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Mahindra Marksmen ( Some New Pics ) !

As per the manufacturer it'll carry only 5troops but then its better than having nothing...

Well i like this vehicle BPM-97 would be great for BSF jawans patrolling Border areas fit it with 12.7mm HMG
Well, If we get Marksman, we would consider yourself lucky..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Mahindra Rakshak..

On a chilly November morning last year, an army Rakshak jeep crawled slowly along a side road near Sopore in J&K. The six Rashtriya Rifles jawans inside were on alert; in that area danger is always just around the corner. But when the attack came, there was little they could do; with a deafening blast, a scooter, parked by the roadside, blew up firing metal fragments into the side of the jeep. Had it been any other vehicle, lives would almost certainly have been lost. But all six soldiers emerged unscathed; they were lucky to be in an armoured Rakshak, one of just 200 that the army uses in J&K.

Broadsword: Private Sector in Defence: Mahindra Defence Systems: the niche player

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
DT-10P All terrain vehicle ATV Russia Bronnitsy

The Russian DT-10P all-terrain vehicle (ATV). All of these pictures were been taken during 2011 Bronnitsy exhibition Russia.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I like Viper, But its too big, Gud in hand so of Police commando units..

Marksman is small and Practical..

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I like the Drona Mark I - it should be used against the maoists ...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
VBL OPEX with WASP RCWS

The French VBL OPEX mounted with WASP Remote controlled weapon system (RCWS) presented by the French company Panhard. All of these pictures were been taken during 2011 Paris airshow le Bourget.

VBL OPEX with WASP RCWS

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles